30 Day Shred Starting 08/22/11

Options
Hello, after reading everyone's post, I've decided to dig through the DVD shelf, find and probably remove mounds of dust from my copy of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I've had it for least a year and done maybe 2 days worth? Anyway, is anyone interested in starting with me. I figured I would wait till Monday as we are going to the lake this weekend and that would give some of you who have been contemplating 30DS time to go to target, walmart or Amazon to get it.

With that being said, I've never lead a group before so have no clue how to start in that respect if anyone wants to take over the leadership or can guide me through organizing how we should begin? I just need the accountability!

Candy

Replies

• solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    I m waiting for mine to come in the mail, i hope it gets here today- that gives me 6/10 lvl 1 days until I go back to school on the 23 (not that I am going to stop, i just wanted to do lose as much as possible before I went back lol-vanity)
  • louvenia
    Options
    I like that, I will try it also! I would love to shed some!
  • Aagraber
    Options
    I just bought the DVD from target yesterday!! And, I saw your message board on my sidebar!! I began it yesterday (a little modified because I have a broken foot)- but I would love the accountability!!
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you guys! I'm buying it from work (I work at Best Buy) so I can have it when I go back to school next week! I want to start monday as well :D
  • change_happens
    Options
    Hello, after reading everyone's post, I've decided to dig through the DVD shelf, find and probably remove mounds of dust from my copy of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I've had it for least a year and done maybe 2 days worth? Anyway, is anyone interested in starting with me. I figured I would wait till Monday as we are going to the lake this weekend and that would give some of you who have been contemplating 30DS time to go to target, walmart or Amazon to get it.

With that being said, I've never lead a group before so have no clue how to start in that respect if anyone wants to take over the leadership or can guide me through organizing how we should begin? I just need the accountability!

Candy

SDMHudson started this challenge, too. Hers starts on Monday. I guess I could be a part of both :) lots and lots of encouragement for the Shred would be good.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I went through 30 DS for about 21 days. Level 3 was just too much for my joints to handle. I am up for going back to the beginning though and trying again!!!! I"M IN! Sorry tos ay I won't be much help as far as handling a group on MFP. As the leader, you would jsut keep a list of members of the group, decide if you want it open to anyone at anytime or Close it ( I would suggest closed since there is a start date), decide if you want a certain amount of members or you don't care. We could set goals for ourselves. We could list starting weghts and I recommend inches as well. Decide if you want to do weekly weigh ins or do a weigh in at the end to see the results. Just some things I've done in other groups, though was never the leader!
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi there I was supposed to be in a 30 day shred challenge this month but have only managed 2 days so would love to join your group please, I have never organised one before but I am sure together we can muddle through :tongue:
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I can start on the 22nd as well .... I'm excited!! I usually only making it threw halfway every time I start because I usually have no accountability. Lets stay motivated folks!!
  • sugahoney34
    sugahoney34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join. I have the dvd and was watching it last night. Monday would be a good day to start for me.
  • kelseytanking
    Options
    Definitely!
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Looks like we've got a pretty good group started.

How about we weigh/measure every monday and post the results as well as any comments about the week and any NSV (non scale victories) such as clothes fitting better, not wanting that second piece of (insert tempting food here), or your significant other noticed your *kitten* being tighter or lifted or whatever (LOL).
  • jadam6
    jadam6 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too please. I started doing it back in June/July and got to about day 12 but a stomach bug struck the whole family twice during July and I gave up. It gave great results over those few days but after eating whatever I like for the past few weeks I'm back to square one so I could do with the support too x
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi... can I ask, what sort of exercises are involved with SHRED?
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi there, it is a exercise DVD called 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels, it is basically circuit training - 3 minutes of strength moves (with weights) 2 minutes of cardio (star jumps, punching, imaginary skipping etc.) and 1 minute of abs work (sits up crunches etc.) It is split up quite well so you don't get board and is intensive. Hope this helps.

Great idea, I am up for weighing/measuring on a Monday with NSVs :happy:
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    For anyone interested in doing this and not having the video, go to
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V04V4SX7
    Wain 45 seconds and click on regular download. Then bookmark the page with the video. Its free!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi there, it is a exercise DVD called 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels, it is basically circuit training - 3 minutes of strength moves (with weights) 2 minutes of cardio (star jumps, punching, imaginary skipping etc.) and 1 minute of abs work (sits up crunches etc.) It is split up quite well so you don't get board and is intensive. Hope this helps.

Great idea, I am up for weighing/measuring on a Monday with NSVs :happy:

Thanks! It sounds good. What sort of calories does it burn and how heavy do the weights need to be? I understand it would depend but approx?

Appreciate the feedback =)
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Log it under circuit training and I use the large peanut butter jars as my weights. I am 233 and I burn about 285 in 25 minutes (I do 5 extra minutes of cardio)
  • wetri2b
    wetri2b Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to join as well! 30DS here we come!!
  • caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to start as well. I had planned on purchasing the DVD this upcoming weekend after reading so many posts about it. I think it will work perfectly for me because I can always fit in 20 min. to exercised during the day. I am excited!! So you need weights with this right? Better pick some of those up when I pick up the DVD. This is probably available at like Target right?
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm ready to start with you! Like many, i have had this dvd and used it on and off. What I'm hoping i that with a group I can get going with working out again and get my diet back on track where it needs to be.

I KNOW what I need to do, but now it's time to do it! :)