Any other 5'4" ladies out there?

Options

Replies

• swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4". I'm currently weighing in at 163 and I want to get down to 130-135. I've been around 120, but I literally ate almost no fat, no sugar, 1500 calories a day with 2 hours of intensive excercise (did not eat back excercise calories) and I know that's just not something I can realistically maintain. I feel like 130-135 is a good balance where I feel good, am in the healthy range, but also give myself a little leeway in following an eating/excercise program that's actually something I can maintain.

BTW, OP I've been around the 150 range most of the time (I recently gained to 163) and you look WAY better than I ever did!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i am 5'4". i am just out of 170's and excited to be in the 160's now. i am hoping to get to 135-140. it hasn't been so easy to make progress during the holidays.
  • jillrunyan
    jillrunyan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and currently weigh 147 lbs. I weighed 197 lbs on January 1, 2010, and have been exercising like crazy the past 5 months! My goal is 130 lbs this year. BUT it is really hard to do! I am going to keep checking back here for inspiration, ladies!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and looked my best ever at 127. I am currently up to 134 and unhappy with my love handles, so I'm back to cracking down on my eating. Here's a picture of me at 130. Still so much happier than I was at 163! :)
    Edited - I can't get my pic to work but here's a link you can copy and paste:
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll89/itsmenatt/Pics Only/natalie-2.jpg
  • dlaporta
    Options
    Hello all! I am 5'3" and my Goal weight is 136. It's nice to see so many in the same height range and with similar goals. Great motivation thanks!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i have the exact same stats but im 5 foot 7
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    @ sugarbone loooooooove this pic!!
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm another 5'4" lady here!!

My starting weight was 70kg (154lb) & I'm now down to 60kg (132lb) Still got a couple of kgs till goal weight but I'm loving being lighter already! I will NEVER gain weight the way I did again, my body can't tolerate the junk food anymore :wink:
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am 23, 5'4" and I currently weigh 161. A few years ago and all through high school I usually was between 120-125, and at one point I was 115. Then I moved out, started living on fast food, and then learned to cook...bad food!
    I was creeping up to almost 170 when I realized I needed to do something. So I am just starting out.

Good luck! I hope to see you reach your goals! :D
  • slimcows
    slimcows Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ladies u shoulkd try the 17 day diet and combind with myffittness pal works wounders on that stubbon last pounds. i started it 2weeks a go and have lost 8 lbs and iv got a long ways to go
  • ronniekh
    Options
    I'm 5'4"! My goal is to get back down between 120-125, what I used to be when I first met my husband!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i am 5'3.5 and i weigh about 112 now but i'd like to be in the 105-110 range...i just feel most confident this way! and i was, it's just that the holidays are really chappin my behind
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 135lbs and would like to get to just 129. I just want to see that number again. My highest was 140 right before graduating college and lost 13lbs in 6 months but I have NO idea how I did it because I was eating ramon noodles and cheese stuffed pretzels every day at work at the time. haha but I just started a weight training program so I'll probably weigh more than that if I put on some muscle and I'm ok with that. I guess I'd just like to LOOK like I'm in my 120's. hahaha

myself at 130:

dressup2.jpg
  • LowCarbsHighHopes
    LowCarbsHighHopes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4.5" - and I'm not sure what my UGW is yet, but I can't wait to find out! I'm thinking anywhere from 130-150? Right now I'm 220, and just glad the weight's coming off!

HW - 243
  • Ellagirl1300
    Options
    I'm 19 and 5'4 on a good day. as I say. :)
    I started out a year ago at 156.
    And when I started using MFP a little less than month ago, I weighed myself at 149. And now I'm down to about 143.
    My goal is to be 130 again too.

I am constantly looking in the mirror and sucking my stomach in, and imagining myself with that body.
    I heard that sucking your stomach in is about 10 lbs. I sure hope it's less as opposed to more, but I can settle with those 10lbs.

I haven't taken any pictures yet, though I feel like I truly should.

Wow! If I had a twin, you would definentely be her!
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5" 3.5 and I'm currently 134, my goal is to get to about 116-118 or so. I've been 114 before, at my lowest, and I felt so happy at that weight. But I don't think I'll get back to that weight cos I've got a lot more muscle than I did then.
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weight 250lbs, this isnt the heaviest i've been, but its enough to get me back on track. My goal is 133lbs. I managed to get down to 154lbs in the past, but got complacent and stressed and didnt take care of myself. Now it's time to change things 8:o)
  • wcsangel
    Options
    I'm 5'4, and currently about 120lbs. At my heaviest, (last year, aged 21/22) I was roughly 147, and utterly miserable with myself. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I was 110lbs when I was 18/19, and I ballooned during university.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 4 1/2 inches tall. What should my ideal weight be? I have to take into consideration the fact that I am 60 years old. I can't weigh as little as I did when I was younger.
  • cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Another 5'4" lady here! Am around 145 (though I'm scared to weigh myself after the christmas feasting!). Aiming to get to 130 but also want to be super toned and fit.

Going bridesmaids dress shopping at the weekend - planning on getting the dress a size too small for motivation for the next 3 months!