Worst Relationship

Options

Replies

• laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    hmm...my last two are pretty great, my college boyfriend who I financially supported while going to college full time and working full time to support said education, would get his phone turned off and i'd pay to turn it on, would "borrow" my car and return it to me, late, with NO gas in the tank, oh yea and had a gambling addiction. and it took him cheating on my with his best friend's little sister for me to end it. oh to be young and naive.

The winner is definitely my last ex, dated for 3 years, very serious, a few months into us dating he tells me his ex is 5 months prego and it's his (drunken post break-up booty calls)...so no cheating was involved (not yet anyway) just bad timing...so i stick with him being all noble and whatnot, help him raise his son for 2 1/2 years....all the while him being CRAZY controlling, going through my phone, emails, chats etc for no reason...we finally decide to put things on hold for a couple months to get our lives together separately before i officially move in (he was in search of a new job, as was I)...and he starts dating a receptionist at work. What really makes him a winner, though, is his son's mother and I became friends, and in conversation realized he had cheated on both of us with each other for over a year! No wonder she was so "crazy", because he was going over there every few nights and telling her he wanted to try to make them work "as a family", while i was at his house doing our laundry and taking care of his dog waiting for him!
  • shiggyshane
    Options
    I'm about to end this thread. I've got the heavyweight belt of bad relationships.

Ahem...

Former fiancee faked terminal brain cancer to cover drug/alcohol addiction.

*bows* thank you, thank you.

Damn you win i cant top that..
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Um yeah pretty sure my entire 6 year marriage has been a lie so I would classify that is my worst so far.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options

hey, Jeremiahstone (OP) , love your location under your profile/ bio page of where you live...............
    Haha thanks man
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    It was with a grower boy...

He was the one smoking all the time, but I was the one who was always paranoid!
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    I was 17 dating a 30-year-old with major issues. He had some impressive jobs but still lived with his parents (in a rich area, but still), didn't have his own car, and still hasn't been about to get into med school as far as I'm aware. He was also emotionally abusive, would rarely let me see him, I wasn't allowed to call him unless someone was dead/dying (and the few times I called he wouldn't answer anyway).

I finally broke up with him when I found out he hadn't tried to see me or even told me he was around when he was less than 100 yards from my dorm. When I confronted him he called me names and was otherwise awful, and I broke up with him the next morning via Facebook message since that was the only way I could contact him at that point.

It was rough. And of course I made a fool of myself trying to get back with him later since he'd messed me up so much emotionally. It took a long time to get over the things he said and did, but now I'm with a fantastic guy who treats me wonderfully, is only three years older than me instead of 13, and has a job and a car!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Let's just say a legal no-contact order is currently in place.
  • prettyone822
    Options
    my worst relationship isn't with a man, I'm very much in love...my bad relationship is with food. We don't get along, but it's intoxicating, dangerous and unhealthy how much I love it. No wonder i'm 50lbs overweight. I wish I could break up with food, but it would kill me. Learning how to have a decent relationship with it is tough. but with support, I'm learning.

my feeling exactly!!! baaaah... its bad! i told my boyfriend recently that I have a monster that lives in my stomach...it eats everything i try to consume which is why im still hungry all the time... the monster gets bigger which is why i've gained weight...but im always still hungry cuz the monter eats it all... buaaahhaaahaaa sounds rather childish no? lmao:embarassed:
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Let's just say a legal no-contact order is currently in place.

Ditto.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I saw a few people say their worst relationship is the one they're in!

I just don't get it - why are you still in the relationship then ? Would you rather be unhappy and together or happy and single?
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i have a tie for my worse relationship

so the last guy i dated before i came out as bisexual was a complete and total disaster. we were long distance but i told him he could move in with me for a month or so until he got on his own feet and got his own place...which never happened. i continued going to school, working full time and paying the rent and utilities while he worked and spent all his money on alcohol and drugs. then, we went on a vacation with my best friend and another friend, and we all had split the cost evenly between the 4 of us. after my bf at the time had all of us waiting on him while he shopped for vacation clothes the MORNING WE WERE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE, he then informs me when get to florida that he doesn't have the money to pay his part of the vacation. so i end up paying for both of us. then when we get back he tells all of our friends how he 'took his girl on vacation'..get outta here. but to put the icing on the cake, he also lied to me about talking to ex girlfriends, was even at one's house and i caught them out together in MY car. not to mention after i graduated i was jobless and STILL paying the bills while he contributed nothing with his money, and after we broke up he had the audacity to think he 'took care' of me, and that the apartment that i had lived in for 4 years prior to meeting him was now somehow 'his' and i had no right to kick him out.

THEN..my last relationship was with a sociopath of a woman. she was ridiculously possessive, went through my phone, was clingy as ever and then had the nerve to still be conversing with her crazy ex girlfriend who not only pulled a knife on her, but called my phone 25 times at 3 am. she went away to bootcamp, i didn't see her for 5 months, i was COMPLETELY faithful, only to find out this heifer cheated not only with her abusive ex, but a girl in bootcamp AND a girl that she met when she went with her friend somewhere and had me waiting in a parking lot for an hour waiting for her to tell me where she was so i could meet up with her and hang out.

mind you. both of these exes are aware that i'm in a great relationship now and are hounding me on facebook and through mutual friends. please. lmao!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I can GLADLY say I've never had one. Been together w/ my bf since I was 14 and now I'm 26. We are actually getting married tomorrow!!! Woo Hoo.

If the relationship you are in now is your only relationship ever then it is your worst relationship ever but don't worry because it is also your best relationship ever so that should balance it back out.
  • kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Husband I'm seperated from. He out of the blue dumped me when our son was 10 mths old, I had no job...awesome...and it gets better. Turns out he'd been cheating on me throughout our relationship (I found damning e-mails and other proof). Um....we were talking about working it out and he knocked up some other girl, lied to her about how long him and I had been split up, still tries to get with me. Everything out of his mouth is a lie. He's a real winner.

On the plus side I'm dating a really great guy at the moment :D
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    The only serious one I've ever had lasted 5 years. We had a child at 19 years old, he left me alone in the hospital 80% of the time to go sleep with a friend of mine and I found out a few weeks later. I ripped the strings out of his guitar, packed his stuff and set it outside the front door so he would find it when he came home from HER house. Turns out that was a bad idea, he flipped out, broke my door down and used the guitar on me like a baseball bat. A gash on the head that time, a little bit later a punch in the cheek that knocked out a molar. Sadly, it took me 3 years after our son was born to listen to what people were saying. I defended him to no end and tried to get people to see the good in him.

Where is he now? Living with his dad, never sees our son, doesn't have a license and is dating an 18 year old. I've got a wonderfull boy, good job and nice car :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    16 and dating a 23 year old cocaine addict.

That makes your screen name hilarious.

OMG YES!!! Too funny.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm about to end this thread. I've got the heavyweight belt of bad relationships.

Ahem...

Holy crap....are you kidding me?!?!? That is terrible. You win!

The one I'm getting out of now. It wasn't always bad, just the past couple of years.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Ahem...

BWAHAHA!!!! RACHEL!!! I think we know who to set this guy up with!
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Please see below my laptop freaked out.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    The one I'm in. LOL

SAME HERE! UGH!

Then get out of them.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Dated a guy for 9 months, found out (after he attempted to commit suicide over our break up) that he had a girlfriend of 9 years he was living with and supporting him. Ended up with the local police department calling him and telling him to stay away from me.

I'm sincerely disappointed in your ability to really tell that story with the gusto that it deserved.

1. He was a dweeb
    2. He faked financial papers, investments, inheritance, etc.
    3. He threatened suicide
    4. He lied about being employed.
    5. He lied about owning a car.
    6. He lied about every single thing... everything.
    7. He stalked you.
    8. He DE-FRIENDED ME ON FACEBOOK! Jesus. You should have dumped him then and there, little lady ;)