Ok ladies.... question

Options
124»

Replies

• Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    Some men are intimidated by beautiful women. Try approaching them.

I feel like they should have the balls to do that :(
    Wouldn't hurt to try though.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm not shy at all and I do notice guys will stare at me but they NEVER come up and say anything. WTF is that all about :(

Well, you're pretty damn hot so they probably feel you're out of their league, or lack the courage, or anything along those lines. I feel that way sometimes, which probably isn't a good thing. I'm still working on it.

Anyway, as for the topic, Zumba classes do sound like a good idea. I might look into those someday. Don't like bars/pubs though... Don't drink and I'm not fond of those type of atmospheres.
  • Natasha233
    Natasha233 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So as an intelligent woman, I have to say it would be nice to meet a guy at the library or bookstore. You will find a lot of us teachers there : ) Also, a good hint at the grocery store is when you have a woman shopping with a basket instead of a cart (a few items for the single gal living alone) lol. Weddings and funerals are really great as well. My local coffee shop has garnered many dates in the past - it is more of a relaxed atmosphere with plenty of artists, students, and business types, etc.

And yes whomever stated that "they never come up and speak to you" - I totally feel your pain! They always STARE, but they never walk over. What I would give for somebody normal and sober to walk up and say "hello." So just approach us! We love that you have the cajones to do so, and it shows you mean business and you are confident.

Good luck! You will be fine!
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    What I would give for somebody normal and sober to walk up and say "hello." So just approach us! We love that you have the cajones to do so, and it shows you mean business and you are confident.

AMEN.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    So as an intelligent woman, I have to say it would be nice to meet a guy at the library or bookstore. You will find a lot of us teachers there : ) Also, a good hint at the grocery store is when you have a woman shopping with a basket instead of a cart (a few items for the single gal living alone) lol. Weddings and funerals are really great as well. My local coffee shop has garnered many dates in the past - it is more of a relaxed atmosphere with plenty of artists, students, and business types, etc.

And yes whomever stated that "they never come up and speak to you" - I totally feel your pain! They always STARE, but they never walk over. What I would give for somebody normal and sober to walk up and say "hello." So just approach us! We love that you have the cajones to do so, and it shows you mean business and you are confident.

Good luck! You will be fine!

these are all good ideas and i am gonna have to try them out.... the bad thing is that as of right now i have a huge lack of confidence.... i normally can just talk to random strangers, unless i think they are pretty. that is when my mouth gets dry and i cant speak clearly.... but i have never really met a stranger....:smile: guess that is something i am going to have to try to work on...
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    You look as cute as a button and have a wonderful smile! When approaching strangers, if they say no, you'll probably never see them again. So ... no big deal! The next one may say yes!
  • ahunkofmexican
    Options
    Check your mail !
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    have you been to this site called myfitnesspal.com? I have heard it is the free version of match.com. :flowerforyou:

there's alot of women in underware with hot bodies too.
  • angelar1022
    Options
    Sometimes that person is RIGHT in front of you! Just open your eyes! :-D
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i would go by the theory that you have to overcome your fear of being knocked back in order to succeed. Coming from some very successful ladies men that i have known in my life.

they just approach people, and say it straight out, and they might get knocked back 20 times in one weekend, but they just shrug their shoulders, and move on to the next one, they might get knocked back 20 times, but they might score once in a weekend, which is a success.

which beats the man who appraoches one girl very carefully, hedges his bets, and gets knocked back, and allows it to crush him and deter him from trying again.

it's a numbers game. And if you can overcome rejection and keep on soldiering on, you will eventually succeed. Kind of like door to door sales or cold calling sales. It sucks, but it pays off if you can keep on knocking down those doors without being personally offended by some of the responses you will inevitably get...