MINI-GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE-8/21-8/27

Options
MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems to overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

FOR THE WEEK OF: August 21 to August 27, 2011

Choose one of more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It’s could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!
Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week? All are welcome!

Replies

• littlemount
    Options
    Well reestablishing goals for next week.

1- BREAKFAST- TEA WITH MILK +2 BISCUITS[7]

2- LUNCH- SOUP AND SALAD[7]

3 DINNER- PORTION CONTROLLED MINDFUL EATING[7]

4 SNACKS- 2 FRUITS+ 2 CHOCOLATE MILK OR 2 YOGURT [28]
    Aiming for 7 points daily
    total of 49+1 for being on plan= 50 points for the week

A totally diet oriented goals for next week.
  • laumar3012
    Options
    Hi! First week with the mini goals, so here goes:

1. Drink ALL my water every day
    2. Eat more veggies and fruits (3 servings minimum)

3. Im stumped.,..I have been going back and forth between a few...I think I am going to go with starting a little notebook with food ideas...I know it wont impact weight loss for the week but it will in the long run

My week goes from Sun to Sat.

Good luck everyone! We can do this!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    This weeks goal is completing my 3 C25K workouts and maybe adding some weight training to my routine.
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning to All ~

Goals for 8/21-8/27:

1. To not get up and eat after I'm in bed for the night. This is something I didn't do as well with last week as I would have liked, so here it is again!!! I knew it would take more than one week and probably more than two to make it a habit. I have to undo the habit of getting up that has been going on for many, many years.
    2. Exercise!! Dogsitting this week, which should make this one a no brainer since he has to go for walks!!

It seems like many of us are educators. I work in an elementary school as a special education assistant and absolutely LOVE my job. I'm back to work in just about 2 weeks. Who else works as an educator?? I think it would be nice to know since we will most likely have the same struggles during the school year and we can help each other through.

Best of luck to everyone this week and a big THANK YOU to LadyGloria and MAK for keeping this challenge going :drinker:
  • aim2lose
    aim2lose Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Love to join you!

mini goals for the week:

1. drink at least 10 - 8oz glasses of water each day
    2. make an exercise plan for the week and STICK WITH IT
    3. no food after 8pm
    4. increase my protein consumption
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thank you LadyGloria!:flowerforyou:

Goals for this week:

Decrease sodium consumption by 10% 4 of 7 days

Add apples as my afternoon snack for 7 days

Exercise at least 5 days

Good luck to everyone this week!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Little mount, ww points? Sounds like a healthy diet plan. Glad you gave yourself a reward point as well.

Welcome lamaur, goals can be as many or as few as you like. They can be related to whatever you need them to be. No need to worry if you don't have three. :)

Kris, I love strength training. What a you thinking about doing?

Danlyn, school counselor/psychologist here. It can be challenging, but we will make it through. Best dea so fR:avoiding the staff lounge with treat food freebies. ;-)

Aim, welcome! great ideas for goals. Can't wait to support them while you do them.

Mrogers, you're welcome! I love your goals this week, especially the sodium one. Giving ourself credit for decreases and permission not to get it right everyday is a huge step in this lifestyle change.
  • ladygloria
    Options
    My goals:

1. check in everyday and leave you all feedback on your progress. Mak does angreat job as thread leader and since we're taking turns I need to step it up as well.
    2. Remember to pack and bring healthy lunches 4/5 workdays this week.
    3. Exercise as scheduled even if I'm fully back in work mode.
    4. Start chalean extreme. I got the weights, now it's time to use them.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Since tomorrow starts my week back to school, my goal is to follow the exercise schedule I've set for myself instead of putting it off because school is "more important."
  • ladygloria
    Options
    Since tomorrow starts my week back to school, my goal is to follow the exercise schedule I've set for myself instead of putting it off because school is "more important."

Great goal! Your health is just as important as your brain and I'm certain your stress levels will appreciate the break!
  • mrogers52
    Options

I am right there with you! :smile:
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    My goals this week:
    Excercise everday
    Calorie goal: 1000 to 1400 regardless of excercise (I'm short, please understand I don't need that much)
    Make a wiser choice everyday that benefits no one but myself
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My goals for the new week (as of Mon 8/22):

1) Exercise Everyday! (This is my first ever exercise goal, so no specific time/activity limitations)
    2) Calories have to be at least 1200 and end in the green when accounting for exercise (so as not to under/over eat exercise calories)
    3) Everyday I need to research a lower-sodium alternative for whatever was my highest sodium content food for the day.

Happy Goal Reaching Everyone!!
  • ladygloria
    Options
    mrogers, you can do it!

lttee, are there such things as wise choices that only benefit the one who makes them? I find that often times, in the long term, those wise decisions end up benefiting those we interact with as well. Makes us more pleasant to be around. :)

philosohoe, nice research goal! You'll have to let us know what you find out!
  • mrogers52
    Options
    My goals:

1. check in everyday and leave you all feedback on your progress. Mak does angreat job as thread leader and since we're taking turns I need to step it up as well.
    Your goals are great!
    What is chalean extreme?
    Thanks!
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My goals:

1. Log all my food and exercise
    2. Exercise at least 4 days this week
    3. Drink more water and less diet soda
  • ladygloria
    Options
    My goals:

Your goals are great!
    What is chalean extreme?
    Thanks!

Thanks. :blushing:

Chalean Extreme is a weight training program that focuses on burning fat by gaining muscle. I have pitiful strength and I'd like to build stronger muscles and better endurance. I also enjoy my weight training at the gym, but the individual muscle targeting by these machines was driving me nuts with how long it took so 30-45 minute dvds seemed to be the way to go. I'll definitely keep you updated. I also plan to continue my cardio routines and even do a partial hybrid with turbo fire. When I make it through the first round of Chalean, then I will determine if I want to do the full hybrid next.
  • ladygloria
    Options
    My goals:

1. Log all my food and exercise
    2. Exercise at least 4 days this week
    3. Drink more water and less diet soda

Welcome and great goals!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options

I couldn't agree more with this statement.

As for the question: "who's a teacher?" I am. I teach 8th grade Language Arts, and I also have a special education credential. School is challenging, no doubt. But I'm scheduled. Sometimes I mess up more on the weekends when I have more freedom and less planning.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    My goals:

Try to stay within my carb/fat calories.
    Keep eating those veggies.