Pear shaped girl diellema!!

Options
Can my thunder thigh's ever go??

I'm a classic pear shaped girl!! If you look at my top half you'll think i'm much smaller than I am, and if you look at my bottom excluding my top you'll think i'm FAT!! lol.

I'm so jealous of girls (some ever bigger than me) who can rock short-shorts and look sexy in bikini bottoms! Shorts are a no-no for me!

Squats and lunges aint helpin either!! I just seem to have a little blob of indestructible fat !! I want to wear and rock short-shorts !!!

any other pear shaped girls with similar problem?? Or battled similar problem? any tips?

here is my current body shot
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/futurefitgirl88/IMG_1031.jpg

Replies

• kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Can my thunder thigh's ever go??

I'm a classic pear shaped girl!! If you look at my top half you'll think i'm much smaller than I am, and if you look at my bottom excluding my top you'll think i'm FAT!! lol.

I'm so jealous of girls (some ever bigger than me) who can rock short-shorts and look sexy in bikini bottoms! Shorts are a no-no for me!

Squats and lunges aint helpin either!! I just seem to have a little blob of indestructible fat !! I want to wear and rock short-shorts !!!

any other pear shaped girls with similar problem?? Or battled similar problem? any tips?

here is my current body shot
    IMG_1031.jpg

that should work..
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ME! ME! I severly dislike my thighs, they have gotten smaller but I swear the cellulite has increased!
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    my thighs are smaller too...but I have these two LUMPS of fat right next to my top thigh!! the lump is even more noticeable now that I'm a normal weight !!! if i wear a tight dress it like bulges out :P gross!!!! I need to wear some spanx!!! don't want to!!!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    so now for my answer :-)

I was right there with you and thinking I could NEVER wear short shorts without feeling terrible about the way my legs look... My advice.. just keep at it! It was the LAST place I lost the weight from but guess what... My thighs don't touch anymore! I didn't think that was EVER possible! I do a lot of Jillian Michael's workouts and I can feel and see the muscles in my legs now. They are definitely still bigger than other girls who aren't pear shaped but my butt looks really good these days!
  • natalie1872
    Options
    I too am "pear Shaped" it used to be a big issue for me, I have now come to accept that's how I am.
    I can say that when Iose weight, my thighs are the last place that I lose it from, my advise ...KEEP GOING!!
    I have been going to spin classes and that seems to help my legs a little.
    Lastly don't ever compare yourself to other people, you're not losing weight to be like them. Do it for yourself.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    We look exactly the same! And its creeping me out.. thought I was looking at my own body shot LOL
    The best advice I can give you is to dress willowy and loose on top and tighter/close fitting on the bottom (light on top, dark on bottom in colors as well).. it sounds counter-intuitive but it actually distracts people and causes them to look up at your beautiful collar bones/clavicle and shoulders and tiny arms and wrists!
    I know how you feel.. I often wonder why I've got cellulite and a saggy butt but arms smaller than most of my friends. My boyfriend says I'm an anorexic on top HAHAH cause my spine is visible and my collar bone pops out but I'm still a 5-7 in juniors on the bottom!
    Also, I've found that biking/cycling helps with toning and preventing jiggles, as well as lunges and squats.. wall sits are great too and fast walking.. jogging and running will just bulk them up (thats my experience, anyway).
    Good luck! I'm going to friend you :3
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    i dont see anything "bigger" about your bottom half....but mine def was until i started doing p90x
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    haha nice to know I'm on in this by myself!!! i will definitely keep going. a lot of people might say i do not look that big, but you ain't seen nothing unless you've seen me in my bikini bottoms!! i'm sure pear shaped girls know what i'm talking about!! its not just being big its about being lumpy righttt in the middle of ur thighs!!l!! for the first time ever i tired to run in shorts (i usually wear knee length pants) i nearly died looking at my jiggly thighs lol!!!
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You actually don't look pear shaped in the photo...I am, have been all my life (hence why dresses never fit me right...I need a large for my hips and butt but a small for on top) My only advice is if you don't like your bottom half is maybe to put in some jogging and Jillian michaels...(not the most fun things in the world, BUT it has helped me and jogging is the only way I am seeing some of that booty and thigh go away...) I will say also that I have come to actually love my body...even though sometimes it may not be the most flattering looking body to some people I love it and I am to a point now where I am proud to show off my legs in a swimsuit (did just a few weeks ago on my honeymoon) and part of it is because I know what my legs use to look like and what they look like now...and they (with a lot of hard work) look a lot better now then they did before :) Keep it up you will also learn to love them soon...it just takes a lot of hard work and maybe mixing up the workouts a bit
  • blh_1010
    Options
    Also you usually lose weight the slowest where you put it on at first (I have always had a lot of weight around my thighs and hips/booty area) so it takes more time and endurance to get rid of it. So you might see the places where you saw the "fat" last come on (like your face, arms, breasts, etc) come off really quickly and then it doesn't seem to even out when the place you have held the fat the longest is still there...like butt, thighs, hips (pear shape girls). It will happen it just takes longer...don't get discouraged you can do this!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Don’t squats & lunges promote muscle? Try running or power walking; that would help with reducing fat.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    You actually don't look pear shaped in the photo...I am, have been all my life (hence why dresses never fit me right...I need a large for my hips and butt but a small for on top) My only advice is if you don't like your bottom half is maybe to put in some jogging and Jillian michaels...(not the most fun things in the world, BUT it has helped me and jogging is the only way I am seeing some of that booty and thigh go away...) I will say also that I have come to actually love my body...even though sometimes it may not be the most flattering looking body to some people I love it and I am to a point now where I am proud to show off my legs in a swimsuit (did just a few weeks ago on my honeymoon) and part of it is because I know what my legs use to look like and what they look like now...and they (with a lot of hard work) look a lot better now then they did before :) Keep it up you will also learn to love them soon...it just takes a lot of hard work and maybe mixing up the workouts a bit

that is so true...!!! for me fat comes off FIRST frm my waist, face, boobs...and last from my thighs, butt, etc!! lol
    and girl trust me I'm a true pear shaped!! Its hard to tell under clothes!!
  • blh_1010
    Options
    :) I understand about it being hard to tell....people who don't know me and I tell them my weight are like WHAT?!?! No way...and then I'm like "look at the booty, hips, and thighs!" and they are like...oh...I see...So clothes hide a lot. I just have found great things with Jillian and jogging...good luck to you! Don't get discouraged keep at it....great things will come your way! :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I wear a size small Tshirt (and I actually bought some XS the other day) and a size 10 pants. I hear you. So far I'm 10lbs away from goal and still not happy with my things. My stomach rocks though so I guess I'll take what I can get.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I wear a size small Tshirt (and I actually bought some XS the other day) and a size 10 pants. I hear you. So far I'm 10lbs away from goal and still not happy with my things. My stomach rocks though so I guess I'll take what I can get.

well done on being so close to goal!!!!!!!!!

i wear M/L pants and S tops lol. deff 2 much junk in the trunkkk
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I hate my thunder thighs. I'm almost down to the "overweight" BMI range, but my thighs and butt look like "morbidly obese". I am sick of being embarrassed by my bulgy cellulite thighs, not wearing shorts, and never fitting jeans. I took a progress pic the other day and was really upset to see they look just as bad as ever. I have this big bulge of fat on the front of my thighs.

The tape measure tells me I've lost 8 inches off my hips, about 5 off each thigh, and 7 off my waist. It doesn't look any better though. So frustrating!!!!! :grumble:
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I hate my thunder thighs. I'm almost down to the "overweight" BMI range, but my thighs and butt look like "morbidly obese". I am sick of being embarrassed by my bulgy cellulite thighs, not wearing shorts, and never fitting jeans. I took a progress pic the other day and was really upset to see they look just as bad as ever. I have this big bulge of fat on the front of my thighs.

The tape measure tells me I've lost 8 inches off my hips, about 5 off each thigh, and 7 off my waist. It doesn't look any better though. So frustrating!!!!! :grumble:

Girl I'm sure it does :) for us pear shaped girls, thighs are the last place the weight comes off from! So I guess just keep going!!! with time hope this **** will jiggle less :P

I think white pants look AMAZING...unfortunately I can't wear them for a while! So sad!!! :(...
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I am also a pear shape, and I am now at the very end of the healthy bmi spectrum and I hate to tell you- probably not.

My thighs, although I love them, are bigger in proportion to the rest of my body.

But would you rather your stomach bulge out or your thighs? most men appreciate thick thighs, at least from what I've come across haha.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    28" waist and a 40" hip.... I'm so tired of the hips :(

It is good to read that someday the thighs may not touch, it is my ultimate goal. I cannot stand my bum and below. I am pretty happy with top half.

grrrr pear
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I am also a pear shape, and I am now at the very end of the healthy bmi spectrum and I hate to tell you- probably not.

My thighs, although I love them, are bigger in proportion to the rest of my body.

But would you rather your stomach bulge out or your thighs? most men appreciate thick thighs, at least from what I've come across haha.

hahaha I know men honestly don't care; but we are women :P fashion matters! and being a bit chunky makes high fashion hard to pull off. Plus skini mini's look less slutty in outfits and can wear things like white pants and rock it!...whereas I...cannot! lol