Pear shaped girl diellema!!

Options

Replies

• futurefitgirl88
    Options
    28" waist and a 40" hip.... I'm so tired of the hips :(

It is good to read that someday the thighs may not touch, it is my ultimate goal. I cannot stand my bum and below. I am pretty happy with top half.

grrrr pear

Have not measured my hips! but I have pretty wide hips which I LOVE!..not a lot of love handle or anything like that. But I have fat *kitten* thighs :P
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    my thighs are smaller too...but I have these two LUMPS of fat right next to my top thigh!! the lump is even more noticeable now that I'm a normal weight !!! if i wear a tight dress it like bulges out :P gross!!!! I need to wear some spanx!!! don't want to!!!

I have one of these right above my belly button. I've had it for a few years and I think it is getting bigger. The doc says it is called lypoma. He said they can remove it, like they do lyposuction. But do you know of any other natural way of getting rid of these?

I, too, am pear shaped. Small on top and med on bottom. I am not over weight, but I have cellulite! And I hate it!
  • Bethywethy93
    Options
    I am the same pear shape too lol.
    It's really common actually. Fat comes off of the thighs very last unfortunatly :(
    But! Jillian Michaels work outs do help a bit. I've been noticing a slight change in my hips and thighs, even though I wish it were a more derastic change.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    my thighs are smaller too...but I have these two LUMPS of fat right next to my top thigh!! the lump is even more noticeable now that I'm a normal weight !!! if i wear a tight dress it like bulges out :P gross!!!! I need to wear some spanx!!! don't want to!!!

I have one of these right above my belly button. I've had it for a few years and I think it is getting bigger. The doc says it is called lypoma. He said they can remove it, like they do lyposuction. But do you know of any other natural way of getting rid of these?

no no mine is not a lipoma which is like a benign fat tumor (DONT BE ALARMED ITS NOTHING!!!).......mine are fat cells haha...**** loads of them! clumped to one region! Lipoma should have discrete boarders and you can move them... i've seen loads of people with them (final yr medical student here)
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i am right there with ya! and no matter how much i work out my thighs/butt just don't seem to be getting any smaller!! i guess the only thing we can do is keep at it and hope they eventually shrink some!!
  • Kellikat80
    Options

no no mine is not a lipoma which is like a benign fat tumor (DONT BE ALARMED ITS NOTHING!!!).......mine are fat cells haha...**** loads of them! clumped to one region! Lipoma should have discrete boarders and you can move them... i've seen loads of people with them (final yr medical student here)

Yeah, thats what the doc says. But is it supposed to cause pain and discomfort? I haven't heard of the fat cells clumping like that, but I'm not a med student...Congrats on the final year!
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have those same bulges, and I'm sure they will be the last thing to go. I admire those plus-size ladies that can wear tight things and look great because their curves are a nice even line. Anyway, yours don't look bad. Mine are freakish, ha ha. I'm hoping weight loss and exercise will help.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

I, too, am pear shaped. Small on top and med on bottom. I am not over weight, but I have cellulite! And I hate it!

I had a lympoma removed in mid April...Doc kept calling it a fatty tumor...He didn'[t get my humor when I told him it extended all the way down from my arms to my thighs and needed to make sure he got it all...

Surgery usually is incision...took about 3 weeks off from work and about 2 months to get energy level back....
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Yeah, thats what the doc says. But is it supposed to cause pain and discomfort? I haven't heard of the fat cells clumping like that, but I'm not a med student...Congrats on the final year!

Nope it is supposed to be absolutely painless. :)
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    ,i love my pear shape, if i didnt, i would be in trouble because i have serious junk in my trunk. Im afraid of losing it, it makes me feel sexy and womanly. My big butt is what caught my hubbies eye.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    hahaha... I like my curves but losing weight does not mean I will lose them necessarily! just smaller curves ;)!!!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Mine was between my hip bone and my ovary and about 5 inches long. No pain at all, but when I put my hands in my pocket I could feel it! Noticed it on accident one day doing yoga....freaked out and made appointments with doctors! If it bothers you, Sign up for AFLAC to pay you while you are off work, wait a couple months and then go do it!
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ah yes the dreaded pear shape!! I've lost 18 lbs now, started off size 12 and am now a whopping........10!!!! lol This past friday I took my measurements and my waist and hips have stayed the same for a month now (28 in and 40 in respectively) and my bust has decreased ANOTHER inch.....I was annoyed lol. The LAST place I wanna lose, but in all honesty I have kinda noticed my butt losing some of its fat, it's just my hips seem to be the same. I've been running/elliptical mostly and the trainer has us running stairs (AGONY) at work which has helped a lot. But, I think that as you keep going you will lose inches/fat in the butt/thigh area I just don't think we'll ever lose our "pear" porportions....
  • Kellikat80
    Options

It can be painful, and very uncomfortable at times, then other times I am not feeling it so much.

Mine was between my hip bone and my ovary and about 5 inches long. No pain at all, but when I put my hands in my pocket I could feel it! Noticed it on accident one day doing yoga....freaked out and made appointments with doctors! If it bothers you, Sign up for AFLAC to pay you while you are off work, wait a couple months and then go do it!

I didn't know about AFLAC, I will have to check into that. I am currently not working, but a full time student. It may not apply to me.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped.. and honestly, keep doing the squats and lunges.. and if you go to the gym, a leg press machine. All three of those items(combined with walking on a treadmill at the highest incline) have really slimed my thighs down.

Even doing just weights in general will help burn the fat, and keep you looking slim since your retaining some of the muscle mass instead of eating away at it like a cardio only plan would do.

I shimmied my way into a size 4 pencil skirt yesterday.. and I started out a size 10! So it can be done.. it just takes time.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    definably going to be doing more lower body exercises. Starting brazil butt lift 2moro...hopefully that will slim down my thighs!!!!! and I can rock pencil skirts!!!!!!!! I know empire line waist dresses are more flattering on my body...but I was very daring and bought this dress on a size Small (Usually wear size Medium).... haha this is what I wanna wear when I reach goal!!!!!!!!

G491913_2_XL.jpg
    G491913_XL.jpg
  • LF4184
    LF4184 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is so nice to about others with my shaped body! I've got a 32" bust, 26" waist and 43" hips and find it such a pain getting trousers (especially jeans) to fit. Getting married next year and really wanna try and even out a little, any advise would be great.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I love pear shape.... I do not mind my big hips, I just mind the extra thigh fat I've got!! :P it makes me hard to fit into smaller jeans and makes me look nasty in shorts!! just sayin'!! Plus these girls are all pear shaped and they pull it off so well:

pear1.jpg
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm with you. Big hips and fatty thighs are two totally different things! I like my hips and *kitten*. I HATE my thighs.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    When I'm fat, I'm size 14 on the bottom and 12 on top. When I'm skinny, I'm size 10 on the bottom and 8 on the top (take 2 sizes off these to get US sizes, but the top-bottom difference remains). It means lots of dresses and pants will never fit well (if they fit my thighs and bum, they're baggy at the waist), but oh well. On the plus side, storing your excess fat lower on your body is healthier and means you will probably live longer!