Pear shaped girl diellema!!

Options

Replies

• jendra11339
    Options
    Keep exercising and eating well, but don't let yourself be dragged down because you don't look "cute" in short shorts. I'm a pear shape as well and I have learned to embrace fashions that show off my curves and ignore those that don't. You might want to try some different exercise like yoga. It will help make you stronger and more toned all over. I'm 5'6'' and haven't weighed below 150 since high school and will be extremely thrilled if I can get down to your starting weight. Be thankful for what you have and the weight you have lost.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    When I'm fat, I'm size 14 on the bottom and 12 on top. When I'm skinny, I'm size 10 on the bottom and 8 on the top (take 2 sizes off these to get US sizes, but the top-bottom difference remains). It means lots of dresses and pants will never fit well (if they fit my thighs and bum, they're baggy at the waist), but oh well. On the plus side, storing your excess fat lower on your body is healthier and means you will probably live longer!

I think you might just be my twin !!! How tall are you? LoL! I'm trying to go down to 55 too....my size now is 8 on top and 10-12 bottoms... and when I'm fat I've worn up to size 16 in jeans (how embarrassing, I've chucked them out!!!)!! =)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    When I'm fat, I'm size 14 on the bottom and 12 on top. When I'm skinny, I'm size 10 on the bottom and 8 on the top (take 2 sizes off these to get US sizes, but the top-bottom difference remains). It means lots of dresses and pants will never fit well (if they fit my thighs and bum, they're baggy at the waist), but oh well.
    Look around for pants that are made a size smaller in the waist than the hips. They are out there but not easy to find. Eddie Bauer sells them online (not sure if they ship internationally or not) in their Blakely fit and Curvy fit jeans. They are the first jeans I've found that actually fit perfectly. I think Target has a new fit that's pretty much the same, too, but I haven't tried them yet.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You don't look particular pear shaped.

I have the opposite problem. I am top heavy, and now that I've lost weight, my butt has gotten flat.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options

I have the opposite problem. I am top heavy, and now that I've lost weight, my butt has gotten flat.

At least you have boobs!! I used to be a C when I was fat and now I'm a B :( !!! hahaha and I still have fat legs!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

At least you have boobs!! I used to be a C when I was fat and now I'm a B :( !!! hahaha and I still have fat legs!!

I have too much boobage. I'd love to get down to a C.
  • Captainfakeeye
    Options
    Not a pear shaped girl, but I wish I was! I'm more of an apple shape, so while my legs have slimmed down, I still have a wobbly belly. :P Let me tell you, I'd much rather have some thick thighs than a thick waist.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Not a pear shaped girl, but I wish I was! I'm more of an apple shape, so while my legs have slimmed down, I still have a wobbly belly. :P Let me tell you, I'd much rather have some thick thighs than a thick waist.

haha at least when you lose all your weight you will be perfect. Even when I am at my goal weight I'll probably still have thunder thighs and probably still unable to wear short shorts!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hate my thighs too!! But a lot of it is the shape...my inner thighs are much wider and always rub together...meaning I get rashes on my thighs if I wear skirts/dresses/short shorts and I wear through the leg of my jeans way too fast. :( And the only time they shrunk a TINY little bit was after going jogging EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for 45 minutes for literally a month or two...and they shrunk MAYBE half an inch...and then it came back when I stopped jogging......uuugggghhh! I'm sure it's just the shape and that it will never change though...I know super skinny girls who have the same problems with their thighs...but it sucks so badly. I hate wearing bikini bottoms (I only ever wear shorts unless I'm with good friends and don't care how my lower half look) and barely ever wear short shorts...and almost never wear skirts until I can wear long shorts underneath. :(

Oh and even when I was smaller my legs were still like this so don't think losing weight will help me anyway either. :(

I will say too though that I also like being this shape (maybe wish a bit more hourglass...) I'd never want to get rid of my butt. I like having a curvier butt...just hate the thigh rubbing...
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Ugh I hate my thighs too!! But a lot of it is the shape...my inner thighs are much wider and always rub together...meaning I get rashes on my thighs if I wear skirts/dresses/short shorts and I wear through the leg of my jeans way too fast. :( And the only time they shrunk a TINY little bit was after going jogging EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for 45 minutes for literally a month or two...and they shrunk MAYBE half an inch...and then it came back when I stopped jogging......uuugggghhh! I'm sure it's just the shape and that it will never change though...I know super skinny girls who have the same problems with their thighs...but it sucks so badly. I hate wearing bikini bottoms (I only ever wear shorts unless I'm with good friends and don't care how my lower half look) and barely ever wear short shorts...and almost never wear skirts until I can wear long shorts underneath. :(

Oh and even when I was smaller my legs were still like this so don't think losing weight will help me anyway either. :(

I will say too though that I also like being this shape (maybe wish a bit more hourglass...) I'd never want to get rid of my butt. I like having a curvier butt...just hate the thigh rubbing...

Story of my life girl!! my legs look so bad!! I wear shorts with my bathing suit too!! awww man this sucks so badddddd!! I guess I'll have to be realllllly reallllllly skinny to see any real difference....will keep u guys posted though....haha see if I can bring my pear shaped monster thighs under control.
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ,i love my pear shape, if i didnt, i would be in trouble because i have serious junk in my trunk. Im afraid of losing it, it makes me feel sexy and womanly. My big butt is what caught my hubbies eye.

RIGHT?! I LOVE MY butt. Its big and bubbly and had caught the attention of many fine men haha! I've been making sure to do a lot of toning exercises in that area so that I don't end up completely flat assed. I WOULD like to lose a couple inches off of my thighs tho because, like futurefitgirl88, I'd like to be able to rock short shorts someday. I was at that point a couple of years ago. I still had my booty but my thighs were a lot smaller and toner. I'm trying to get back to that because being able to wear shorts in the summer time was such a wonderful experience lol. I can't now because they always ride up and its so uncomfortable.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    im pear shaped too. My top half goes way too scrawny before i can get my legs in anything like the size im happy with them.
    My BMI is 18.7, and i STILL couldnt wear short shorts as my thighs wobble so much and i still have cellulite
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I am at the point where I just don't care any more out of sheer frustration.... Waaaaaaaahhhhh!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Yeah, thats what the doc says. But is it supposed to cause pain and discomfort? I haven't heard of the fat cells clumping like that, but I'm not a med student...Congrats on the final year!

Nope it is supposed to be absolutely painless. :)
    I got these all over my body. I had one removed off of the front of my shin about 15 year ago because they wanted to make sure it was benign but also because it was ugly. The doctor told me that most people who have them have many of them. I have them in at least a dozen more places but none of them too obvious and none of them painful. The worst one is the one the doctor found in my left breast. They had to do a special mammogram and ultrasound to make sure it wasn't a breast tumor and, thankfully, it's not.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    im pear shaped too. My top half goes way too scrawny before i can get my legs in anything like the size im happy with them.
    My BMI is 18.7, and i STILL couldnt wear short shorts as my thighs wobble so much and i still have cellulite

That is just depressing!! One can still hope!! Started doing brazil butt lift, and honestly it seems real good for high/butt workout....
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Even at 110 lbs in high school I had big thighs. My whitewater canoing teacher made fun of my fat legs when I wore a bathing suit. Isn't it great how long we remember stuff like that? :ohwell:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You look great. Nothing better than fit girls who still have some curves.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Look around for pants that are made a size smaller in the waist than the hips. They are out there but not easy to find. Eddie Bauer sells them online (not sure if they ship internationally or not) in their Blakely fit and Curvy fit jeans. They are the first jeans I've found that actually fit perfectly. I think Target has a new fit that's pretty much the same, too, but I haven't tried them yet.

Thanks for the tip. I've definitely never seen them in shops in Australia and I have spent a lot of time looking for pants that fit! I will look into online options now that I know they exist!
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    When I'm fat, I'm size 14 on the bottom and 12 on top. When I'm skinny, I'm size 10 on the bottom and 8 on the top (take 2 sizes off these to get US sizes, but the top-bottom difference remains). It means lots of dresses and pants will never fit well (if they fit my thighs and bum, they're baggy at the waist), but oh well. On the plus side, storing your excess fat lower on your body is healthier and means you will probably live longer!

I think you might just be my twin !!! How tall are you? LoL! I'm trying to go down to 55 too....my size now is 8 on top and 10-12 bottoms... and when I'm fat I've worn up to size 16 in jeans (how embarrassing, I've chucked them out!!!)!! =)

:)
    I'm shorter than you - 157cm.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Yeah, thats what the doc says. But is it supposed to cause pain and discomfort? I haven't heard of the fat cells clumping like that, but I'm not a med student...Congrats on the final year!

Nope it is supposed to be absolutely painless. :)
    I got these all over my body. I had one removed off of the front of my shin about 15 year ago because they wanted to make sure it was benign but also because it was ugly. The doctor told me that most people who have them have many of them. I have them in at least a dozen more places but none of them too obvious and none of them painful. The worst one is the one the doctor found in my left breast. They had to do a special mammogram and ultrasound to make sure it wasn't a breast tumor and, thankfully, it's not.

I didn't know that most people who have them, have many of them. I only have one, and thats too many for me. Thank goodness yours were all benign. The one on your breast would have scared me. I did have a lump in my breast, it ended up a calcium deposit so I was relieved.