What do you make of my date?

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So, a guy asks you out... you drive about an hour to his town... and you pick up the tab. That would be normal to you?

Whoa there. Back that truck of crazy up a little. What?

He asked you out but you drove to him. Why didn't he come to you?

*shrug* I don't know. :ohwell: I mentioned a few places more 1/2 way and he came back with a place close to his house (we're an hour apart at least). I agreed to the drive...

I never claimed to be smart or good at this..... :grumble:
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    You sir, are a CHEAP SKATE. :frown:
    And what does it make you if you expect a free meal out of me?

lol effing love this.

So, a guy asks you out... you drive about an hour to his town... and you pick up the tab. That would be normal to you?

haha I would not have let that happen. I would have snatched the money out of his hands called him a few names then drove home... then ignore him for life!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    So yeah. I really like this Shirt. I want one. Can I find them online? :)

You can :) On this website... http://highcountrygifts.com/
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

*shrug* I don't know. :ohwell: I mentioned a few places more 1/2 way and he came back with a place close to his house (we're an hour apart at least). I agreed to the drive...

sothen its only fair if you do a second date with him that he come to you... or its a no go... or at minimum the half way point...
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    sooooo a chicken's not an animal now? lol
  • barbiex3
    Options

lol there is your problem. 1st you agreed to driving an hour, 2nd you let him get away with sounding like a moron with the chicken & not eating meat thing, 3rd you threw out a 20 right after the meal, 4th you didn't speak up after he took the money the waitress brought it back...

You basically let this guy walk all over you.. actually run you over with a effing bus... You gotta speak up and let him know what he is doing is not okayy.

There are guys out there who will treat you like S*** just because they know they can get away with it.

RAISE YOUR EXPECTATIONS & speak up when you want or don't want something. Guys are not mind readers, and a lot of them are dumb, so you gotta let them know!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I agree to an extent... but not on a first date. I will still be polite and just call it a day (there was that whole hour and a half in between of actual good conversation, etc). But, reading that makes me realize "Yeah, wtf am i thinking entertaining the idea of subjecting myself to that again?" *LOL*
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

This is nothing about you being good or smart at this sweetheart. It is about expecting someone to treat you with a degree of common courtesy that you are entitled to simply as one human being to another. He doesn't have to fall in love with you but he should act with decency.

It's simple. If he calls tell him you want to meet near you and give him a few dates which you are free. If he asks you what you want to do tell him to surprise you. Any flakiness, any "ummm, errrr, I don't know" then tell him to get back to you and cut the conversation short. If he know what's good for him he will get his act together sharpish. If not chalk it up to experience and move on.

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt but you only get SO many chances...
  • barbiex3
    Options
    I agree to an extent... but not on a first date. I will still be polite and just call it a day (there was that whole hour and a half in between of actual good conversation, etc). But, reading that makes me realize "Yeah, wtf am i thinking entertaining the idea of subjecting myself to that again?" *LOL*

lol i guess, and you're supposed to act like yourself too, so if that's how you normally act then you did good. I probably wouldn't see him again, but if i did, I would have a backup plan or make sure it wouldn't suck again lol =] !
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm straight, and tried not to notice... but, I had a 6'9 roommate in college. And this dude was built like you might be imagining. I'm not saying... I'm just saying.

Also, I always paid for everything on dates, but if the chick expected me to pay I wouldn't have liked that a bit. I know, that's weird right? It's just my take on it.

His behavior sure seems ridiculous from here, but as mentioned before, the internet/text is an awfully tough filter to see clearly through. You, being there, have a much better idea about it than we do.

I say date him again based purely on two things:

1. That dude who is going to give you $20 if it doesn't go well.
    2. Because I want to hear the results of date #2.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm straight, and tried not to notice... but, I had a 6'9 roommate in college. And this dude was built like you might be imagining. I'm not saying... I'm just saying.
    Statistically, height has no relation to... length or girth. I'm just saying ;)

I concur.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options

You're short, aren't you.:ohwell:
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    He's a douche. And you didn't tell me he didn't like the whole killing animals thing. GOOD LORD. Have your way with him and move on.

What she said!!!!
  • odusgolp
    Options

OK, that's hysterical... I should go out again... in the name of science!
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Well....okay...I suppose it could have been strangER.. That's so weird! Between his rant (and then ordering chicken) and the weird thing with the check... What was he thinking?! How did you leave things? Your story of your date did make me laugh at least ;0)
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    OK, that's hysterical... I should go out again... in the name of science!

You pretty much have to. You owe it to the entire community to let us know how this goes.

Also, you can find out if he's proportional. I say he is. That dude on the horse says he's not. It's like a cage match, and you get to decide the winner.
  • barbiex3
    Options

hahahaha but it really does not make a difference. That's like saying taller girls have bigger boobs..?
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    umm, to eat chicken, you must first KILL the chicken. Usually...

HAHAHA
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

No, I am a full 8 inches.

Oh, my HEIGHT. I am 5'10'', so about national average :)
  • odusgolp
    Options

No, I am a full 8 inches.

Oh, my HEIGHT. I am 5'10'', so about national average :)

BWAH! OK, that made me giggle...