What do you make of my date?

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt have even left a tip - you dont sound like much of a catch. sorry.

So is this the guy? Seems about the same, fits the description of a hygiene device that everyone has been using.

Could be. Without a face or other identifiable parts, it could very well be.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    If I were dating.. The guy would open doors for me.. He would pay for dinner, he'll pay any expenses of the date. Because HE is courting ME. Chilvary (sp?) is SEXY!!
    He's trying to impress you. Doesn't really impress you if you have to pay for the bill.
    Your a lady and should be treated like one. If he's not up to that then MOVE on.
    Was he a dorky looking 6'9? Or a HOT 6'9? Just out of curiosity :wink:

He was cute! Not drop-dead-sexy-I-don't-care-if-I-pay-for-everything-for-the-rest-of-our-lives-hot, though. :) He also seemed a little "younger" than I expected in certain aspects.
  • kippit
    kippit Posts: 78
    Options
    You've GOT to be joking!!!
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    Agree with everyone else on here, stay away. My personal feelings are, if he can't afford to take you out to dinner then he should have done drinks or coffee. Better way to get to know someone without the large ($20) upfront cost of a meal. Relaxed environments are always the way to go on a first date anyway.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    You've GOT to be joking!!!

No sir.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't see that kind of a guy again. Seriously... I'd move on :)

I haven't been dating that much, but I have actually paid for my part every time. Actually the only man who has ever paid the full bill was my dad :laugh:
    Then again, these guys have not been worth it... I honestly don't expect the guy to pay the bill, but wouldn't mind to meet real gentleman even once in my life (well, apart from my dad ;)).
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm old fashioned, but I do expect a man to at least *offer* to pay on a first date (unless he's really broke - I'm not completely hard-hearted). If I have to pay or go dutch, I won't say anything, but there won't be a second date!

So I dont have a lot of dating experience.... but if you are broke and ask someone on a date there are ways to have fun inexpensively and still show you are not a cheap skate/gold digger... whatever you want to call it.

And I agree with everyone else... and it seems you agree as well... he's not worth it... if you have his email you should send him the thread with maybe some of the comments edited to give him an idea on what a date should go like since he's fresh into the game again
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't see that kind of a guy again. Seriously... I'd move on :)

I haven't been dating that much, but I have actually paid for my part every time. Actually the only man who has ever paid the full bill was my dad :laugh:
    Then again, these guys have not been worth it... I honestly don't expect the guy to pay the bill, but wouldn't mind to meet real gentleman even once in my life (well, apart from my dad ;)).

They are not that hard to meet. Just keep in mind that a gentleman requires a lady to exist. If you are one, you'll attract them. The kind, gracious, thoughtful lady that appreciates him for what he is, is really irresistible in this day in age when the majority of the women he holds the door open for insult him for thinking they are weak and when he snags the check they threaten to stab him with their spork. Chivalry is only dead in those places where it has been murdered by its intended recipient.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Chivalry is only dead in those places where it has been murdered by its intended recipient.

I am stealing that with your permission!
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Chivalry is only dead in those places where it has been murdered by its intended recipient.

:drinker:
  • odusgolp
    Options

:drinker:

Maybe you should re-write my online profile :laugh: May have better luck....
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Just keep in mind that a gentleman requires a lady to exist. If you are one, you'll attract them.

... I found the problem.
  • odusgolp
    Options

Just keep in mind that a gentleman requires a lady to exist. If you are one, you'll attract them.

... I found the problem.

yeah. what design do you have on your fake nails right now?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    First impressions are everything and he showed you a few things about his personality that youd eventually hate. So... DUD. Move on.

I find all the debate on who pays/chivalry very interesting though! wow
  • voluptas63
    Options

... I found the problem.

Um.. I don't have my nails on right now. And they're bare. My toes are also bare.

So I believe, as a Lady would say, neener neener neener.
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    He doesn't make any sense. He doesn't like slaughter houses, okay who does, but after saying something like that I would have expected him to be a vegetarian. Is being a cooped up chicken better than being in a slaughter house? I eat animals, and I don't like those things either, but I wouldn't talk about it and then order something with meat. Plus, he only got chicken because he didn't want a 'greasy burger' not because of how the cow got on the burger.

Plus, why did he take all of the change and you had to take out $ first. That does'nt make any sense at all. Since our first date and even now me and my bf split the check most of the time, or if he pays I will get the tip or get the next meal.This guy you met is a jerk.

Game over. lol
  • odusgolp
    Options

Um.. I don't have my nails on right now. And they're bare. My toes are also bare.

Put your boobs away.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    They are not that hard to meet. Just keep in mind that a gentleman requires a lady to exist.
    Well that explains a lot :laugh: And the differences in cultures. I come from a country where majority of the guys "don't speak or kiss" like the old saying here goes.
    I have actually been told that I'm too independent. Oops? :embarassed:
  • voluptas63
    Options

Put your boobs away.

You know that's damn near impossible.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I... like my dead animals.

lol, I concur, and YES he's cheap