What do you make of my date?

Options

Replies

• pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Oh I feel for you, I've had a few doozies myself. Like the guy who I thought was cheap and then when I dropped him he asked me why, I said "because I thought there was one person doing all the giving and another doing all the taking", he said "well if I thought there was a future I might have put more into it", I just let it go at that, lesson learnt.

I think your dude may be a nervous, newly minted single, but honey you want them pre-formed and not have to waste time making them human. However, I would also like to know if he improves with time, but that is selfish on my part.

GG
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to see 6'9" naked... but I don't know if I can afford it... :drinker:

Uh. Where do you live? :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to see 6'9" naked... but I don't know if I can afford it... :drinker:

Please don't stalk me.

I only ask nicely once.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

Please don't stalk me.

I only ask nicely once.

Haha. I don't. Entertaining thread though

(you see, I was reading the interesting subjects in this forum)
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I think you did well and it was a good investment! For only $20 and a few hours of your time, you learned that this guy is a loser right off the bat! Money well spent! I WISH I could of paid $20 on the first date to find out that my ex was a big time loser! I totally disagree with going out with him again. Have a little respect respect for yourself and keep searching til you find a real MAN. They are out there, and you deserve it!
  • princesshaylo
    princesshaylo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Run run as fast as you can!!! No relationship ever ended well with a man being super cheap. It screams he is a dependasauras and trust me you do not want one of those lol!!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I had to read your post twice...what an *kitten* to keep the change...drop him!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Run run as fast as you can!!! No relationship ever ended well with a man being super cheap. It screams he is a dependasauras and trust me you do not want one of those lol!!

Oh, I had one of those!! *LOL*

Divorce can be a good thing :) really :)
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options

I think your dude may be a nervous, newly minted single, but honey you want them pre-formed and not have to waste time making them human. ,
    Haha sooo true!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I think you did well and it was a good investment! For only $20 and a few hours of your time, you learned that this guy is a loser right off the bat! Money well spent! I WISH I could of paid $20 on the first date to find out that my ex was a big time loser!
    I LOVE this attitude! :laugh:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I think the time has come for you to post a link to his dating profile here so we can all troll him :devil:
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think the time has come for you to post a link to his dating profile here so we can all troll him :devil:

Hmmm....why didn't I think of that? I like that idea. What did he write about himself in the profile and what kind of impression does he give with his pictures?
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    #1 he should have paid for the meal and given you your money back.
    #2 he said he doesnt like killing animals but yet he ate "some chicken instead of a greasy burger"
    #3 height shouldnt matter
    #4 topic of convo was a bit weird but Ive had worse
    #5 when am I taking you out?
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt have even left a tip - you dont sound like much of a catch. sorry.
    the lack of gentlemen are shocking,as if he has any room to be a prick,doesn't impress me Mr ljwhatevers,grow up & quit being an insensitive @$$
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    second date......order surf and turf. eat. excuse yourself to "powder your nose" LEAVE *evil grin*
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    :laugh: He's a keeper, with today's economy u need someone frugal :smile:

hahaha
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You sir, are a CHEAP SKATE. :frown:
    And what does it make you if you expect a free meal out of me?
    Judging from the responses of other Women stating the same as me. Tell us all, what does that make us?
    Cheap? Entitled? Singularly minded? You expect a free meal, maybe you should cook for the man on the first date. [For those lacking in deducive skills, that's not intended as a serious comment.]
    dont get me wrong as long as she doest assume i'm paying and at least offers to pay half i quite happily pay for the meal 21st century or not!!! its just the gentlemanly thing to do :) if a 2nd date is on the cards then she can take me out for dinner etc
    Exactly; the assumption—or requirement of payment because you’re a man—is the problem.
    Wow, a lot of you girls are a little ... psychotic. About the buying meals for you thing. Just because men on average earn more than women, doesn't mean that all men are rolling around in money. And even if we are, if all you're after is a free meal ...

All I'm saying is that if you require a guy to pay for you, you better be putting out on the first date.

"*kitten*" would be more appropriate for this guy. Let's take this a piece at a time, shall we?
    I’m sorry you lack reasonable skills of deduction. I mean, you can’t even read the words that are there. *Require* is the key word in that statement.

Furthermore ... a man's security in his masculinity is not analogous to requiring he pay for dinner. (In fact, I might argue it's entirely the opposite.)

You sound as though the only investment you have in a man is how much he's willing to spend to be with you. You're right, $20 isn't that much, but if the dinner doesn't go anywhere, or if you're just super boring—wow, I'll bet that's something you've never been called—that's a pretty bad investment. (I guess if I have fun I'm more inclined to pay.)

But then, I'm also from an area where the women are less likely to let you pay for them. More than once I've paid for a night out only to find a $20 slipped into my pocket later or something.
    And what does it make you if you expect a free meal out of me?

Definately a woman.... NOT ON A DATE WITH YOU!

Judging from the responses of other Women stating the same as me. Tell us all, what does that make us?
    he was clearly implying the women are the cheap ones...
    See, this girl gets it.

The thing is, firstly, I would rarely ask a girl out to dinner somewhere; namely because I don’t much care for restaurants. I cook very well and would much rather do a home cooked meal than go out somewhere and be dissatisfied with the meal.

Secondly, I get asked to go on dates. I don’t assume that the woman is going to pay for me simply because she asked me out. I assume that I should pay my own way. According to the standards of many in here, I should assume that she’s going to pay for me. That seems like bull****. If I’m interested in seeing her, I should be just as willing to put a few bucks into it. I guess if I’m NOT interested in seeing her I could let her pay for my time, but that seems pretty entitled.

Seems to me that it should be mutual investment in one another's time.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    If you're not interested in seeing her, you should say no. Novel concept, I know.

And a date is not an investment, Einstein. It's an invitation. Whether it's extended from man to woman or vice versa, the person who does the asking should pay. I'm sorry your parents didn't raise you with any standard of etiquette, but that doesn't excuse you from picking up a book or asking an actual man for advice once you became a big boy.

Furthermore, your investment metaphor is horribly contrived. When you buy stock (that's a real investment, not a made-up one), you don't get to say "I'm only going to pay for half of this because it could turn out to be a bad investment." You have to actually pay for ALL of the stock you want to buy.

I would love to be a fly on the wall while you're explaining to the lucky women who get to date you that you see them as investments to be bought and sold at your whim. I bet that strategy is a real panty-dropper.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Really, he kept the change?
    I'm sorry but that's just not right!

Not only a douche, but a tightfisted one at that. Next....
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    LADIES LADIES LADIES NEVER PAY.

a real man would stop you from taking out your purse.