TURBO FIRE 8/22: The Holiday Countdown!!!!

Options

Replies

• iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Core 20 and Stretch 40 today. I'd rather do Fire55 but I know I need to stretch too. Just finished week 6! Only 14 more to go. (that's sounds like a lot!)
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Did fire 55 EZ today, on week 5, so still a while to go. I felt like I jumped my highest during the fire drills :-)
  • prettywhitty
    prettywhitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!!!

I decided to redo week 10 since I got sick last week. So I just finished HIIT 20 and Tone 30. I followed Allie a little more than I ususally do, but I expect to be back fully within a week. I so missed working out! (Never thought I'd say that) and it's good to be back.

Welcome all newcomers!!! We are glad to have you join us!!

I'm hoping to lose another 1.5 pounds within the next two weeks. That will put me at a 17 pound loss, which will be 10% of my weight before I return to the doctor. I have repeat labs next Monday and a consultation the following Monday.

Here's a total NSV: My body looks soooo different from week 1! I'm moving towards a more toned and sleek body! I have arm muscles and a whisper of abs!! The pants I bought a few weeks ago are a little loose!! I also feel so much better and have tons more energy. It helps me to work better and give more to others. So I'm glad to be working out. It's changing me for the better.

Off to the store!! I hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yay look at all these posts! Good morning! I feel great today! my abs are BIT sore from doing a crazy pilates core workout instead of core20! And boy, am I glad I did it because I CAN FEEL MY ABS TODAY! LOL While I like core20 I just don't get that "I worked my abs" feeling so I am switching it up from now on. I do love teh standing abs, but I think I get enough of that in other workouts!

So here's my plan this week. It's week 8 and last week well, was tough. There was a lot of odd things going on, money things, celebration of my new job things timing things and then we found out some bad news this weekend and it was my parent's anniversary and I ate more than I would have liked. And by things, I mean food and goodies and cocktails! LOL

It's not that I even went over calories, it's more that I eat so healthy most of the time that breads, sugars from non fruits and salt makes me so bloated! I know I haven't really gained weight, but I feel more something. LOL So back on track this week and super excited about it! It's also the last week before I could start my new job, sooooo I want to really utilize my time and I am going to be doing a more advanced session. I am bumping up all my cardios from 45 minutes to either 55 or 60. I am also adding on 15 minutes or yoga a day for stretching and well- eating VERY clean! :D I want my body to be in good shape for this new job! It's hard to lose weight when starting a new schedule and so I just want to make sure that I am ready for it! I haven't lost 15 pounds only to gaine them all back! LOL

SOOOOO LET"S DO THIS! LET'S ROCK OUT ANOTHER WEEK!

OH AND GUESS WHAT?!?!?!? So let's finish strong! Great day and weeks to everyone! :D
    75 Days
    12 Hours
    41 Minutes

MINNIE- The strething can get boring, but yes do it! If not that stretching yoga, than do one online from youtube, or make up your own routine. I sub in different 45-60 minute yoga workouts by Shiva Rea sometimes. But the stretching WILL Help your workouts for the rest of the week! :D

PW- you can do it! I am so proud of you! Hard to believe you are on week 11, well 10! LOL I know what you mean, my body is more defined too! This morning I looked in the mirror in my workout clothes and realized, I HAVE OBLIQUES! Well, kinda! LOL I still gotta lose numbers to get them to show through more, but sure a far cry from "cheese bread belly" back at week 1! LOL

Becka- great job! I am doing fire 55 today too! You are on week 5, you are 1/4 way though! That is great, keep going! I can't believe i'm on week 8 today! DANG! :)

Icey- GOOD FOR YOU!!!! LOL 14 does sound like a lot, but you are doing t! We are all doing it! I can't believe that i'm two weeks away from 10 weeks, which is only half way! LOL BUT, it's good because this will keep us fit during the holidays! :D

1a1a- I have found the stretching to be rather accurate here. I mean it depends on how hard you stretch, but i'd say the estimate is pretty good! :) Glad to have you aboard! :D How is 30 ds going? I was doing it for the first 30 days of my Tfire schedule, but it got to be too much! LOL
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I know I should be doing the stretching... lol so I will make an extra effort to complete the entire 40 minutes of it.
    I have Fire 45 today =D and I can definitely feel my abs from yesterdays core 20!!!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Jus finished day 3....Fire 30, Stretch 10....my HRM says I burned 512 cals...I will assume its accurate....it was a good workout for me though...I am determined to make it through Turbo Fire...taking it week by week!!!
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Jus finished day 3....Fire 30, Stretch 10....my HRM says I burned 512 cals...I will assume its accurate....it was a good workout for me though...I am determined to make it through Turbo Fire...taking it week by week!!!

thats around what mine tells me I've burned that workout too. Im worried that my HRM isnt accurate though... it only asks for my gender and age then calculates my HR while Im working out... i hope its right!! lol
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey can I join! :). Just started TurboFire Saturday. So today was my rest day. Really looking forward to the workout in the morning :). I'm also finishing up 30DS. Should be done Thursday with it.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jataijah! Hope you're loving TF :smile:

I did fire 30, core 20 & sculpt 30, ending with stretch 10... I was this close to going for stretch 40...but as I'd worked out for nearly an hour and a half, I was feeling pretty tired...lame excuse, I know :indifferent:

Gotta get over my stretch 40 apathy!

Oh...and I think my HRM has gone to the great HRM home in the sky....was logging bizarre amounts during fire 30....took it off and calculated my burn from previous exercises. Guess I'll have to start saving for a new one :frown:
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    3 cheers for stretching, and its calorie burning qualities!

I'm actually quite enjoying the shred, once I'm done yelling at Jillian for making us do planks and work our biceps and jump up and down all the time (usually 3 or 4 days into a level). I finished day 3 level 3 today, I'm generally not pushing too hard to begin with, following Anita if things are tiring me out, I push a little harder when I'm running out of days, I'll be interested to repeat it later trying harder, maybe eating cleaner. Any lost inches, strong muscles and weight loss I get out it will all be a little bit of icing on the cake for me, I only took it up as a challenge just to see if I could (not knowing in advance what benefits it might bring....I was pleasantly surprised).

Becka: Before you abandon your HRM, see if it's getting a little flaky in its monitoring. I look at mine sometimes and see it's stuck on a number and has lost the heart beat. Perhaps this happens increasingly as the batteries drain, anyway, aside from emphatic remoistening, I also realised at some point that it wasn't quite centred, now I pay extra close attention to centreing too and it seems to be struggling less.
  • EHuntRN
    Options
    @ jataijah...congrats on being so close toyour goal...and please do join us...i jus started a day b4 you...so come on #TeamTurboFire!!
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I combined Fire 30 today and Cathe Friedrich's Boot Camp today! Before starting TF, I was barely getting through the Boot Camp DVD and I'm no novice to exercise. But now I'm doing it in conjunction with other workouts. AY-MAY-ZING!!

Technically, I'm on week 6 of TF but I combine other workouts in between days so those six weeks are stretched out a bit. I can't say enough how much I love my TurboFire!!

Let me brag a little: Just before starting the Core 20 workout a couple of days ago, I decided to lose my shirt and do it in just my sports bra. (Sorry if this is TMI).

And I looked pretty darn good!! Granted, I have 20 pounds to go but I could see definition ALL OVER!!! Whatever the scale says tomorrow, I know that I'm making progress!

I love to read about everyone else's progress! It keeps me inspired!!!
  • jataijah
    Options
    Day 4 for me. Did Fire 30 & Stretch 10. I've only been doing this a few days but my hunger has increased alot. Is this normal. Even when I did P90x I don't recall being this hunger all the time.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Are you guys really burning 500 calories on Fire 30? Hmmm..I wonder if I'm logging too low. I'm logging that I burn about 400 calories on Fire55. Think I'm underestimating? I really need a HRM but I might have to wait for Christmas...
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Are you guys really burning 500 calories on Fire 30? Hmmm..I wonder if I'm logging too low. I'm logging that I burn about 400 calories on Fire55. Think I'm underestimating? I really need a HRM but I might have to wait for Christmas...

Totally suggest getting an HRM. It all differs from everyone's weight, amount of exertion, etc. I average about 265 cals burned for Fire 30, which is lower than a lot of others, but that's pretty consistent with a lot of other exercises that I do with that same amount of effort and time. The HRM is definitely the way to go! and remember, the closer you get to your goal weight, the caloric burn will probably start going down a bit.
  • jataijah
    Options

My HRM shows me burning about 300 during Fire 30 and 60-70 during stretch 10
  • EHuntRN
    Options
    The first time I did Fire 30-new to class, I burned 512 cals...the second time I did it I burned something like 306....I have my Fire 30 today and I will definitely post my cals burned here in the thread...I think that you should invest in a HRM though...it makes a big difference in knowing what your max HR gets to....mines gets to 195(geesh)...so when it stays lower I will know Im in a better fitness shape than when I started....and as far as eating back cals...I make sure that Im not too under or over with guesing....
  • EHuntRN
    Options

I think that 60-70 during stretch is the afterburn from Fire 30...I mean I log them all from beginning to end, put dont separate them...I consider it cals burned for the entire workout!!!
  • EHuntRN
    Options
    WooHoo...I start day 4 today....are you eating enough cals??? Getting the right amount and kind of snacks in??? I am not any more hungrier than I was when I started TF...I have found myself eating more making sure that I eat back most of my cals to within 100-200...I know now that I have prob been at a plateau for not eating enough...or at least thats what I think....I will re-weigh after 5 weeks of TF and eating more and let ya know.....OMG..if I can wait 5 weeks....LOL....I'm trying to believe that I dont care about what the scale says and thats jus an added benefit if I lose these last 20-25 lbs!!! :wink:
  • jataijah
    Options

I think that 60-70 during stretch is the afterburn from Fire 30...I mean I log them all from beginning to end, put dont separate them...I consider it cals burned for the entire workout!!!

Oh I don't separate them. I just glance at my HRM to get an idea of what I'm burning in each class and to check to make sure my Heart rate is going down. I stop my HRM after stretch 10 is done.