To those that don't drink alcohol...

Options
12345679»

Replies

• mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Hah. I found out after I married my husband that he had 'connections' galore in the family.

You guys want to adopt an old geezer? I'll sleep under the porch....

We have a bomb shelter under the porch. Buuut I suppose you could sleep in the shed out back.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    [quote
    1. why waste the money? alcohol costs a lot of money! I laugh when people complain about being broke yet go to the bar everynight...gee wonder where all your money goes!
    [/quote]
    Apparently I'm a heartless b*tch because I refused to give a friend the money for food when she had £50 in her purse. She couldn't spend that £50, that was her money for going out that weekend. My other friends sided with her :noway:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

Hah. I found out after I married my husband that he had 'connections' galore in the family.

We have a bomb shelter under the porch. Buuut I suppose you could sleep in the shed out back.

Is that where they keep the bales? I am so in *packs bong, scope, and chip-ahoy cookies*, I'm on my way...
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Is that where they keep the bales? I am so in *packs bong, scope, and chip-ahoy cookies*, I'm on my way...

Nah, the cousin down the street actually keeps it all at his house. But I'm a VIP so I get the goods delivered direct to my door.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink alcohol. I'm not anti, per se. I simply never really liked the way it made me feel. Maybe I'm a control freak. I'd also much rather have dessert than a drink. I'll say "cheers" with a forkful of cake!

My sentiments exactly.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    The taste of it actually makes me feel nauseous as does the smell. I never got the "hype" of drinking.
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    After just a few sips, I turn blood red and get hot flashes! My lips have even gone numb before. Plus, I never liked the taste. The only kind I like are ones that taste like milkshakes....

The first time I drank, it was only a wine cooler and I ended up naked laying in the bathroom floor! Yikes!
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Nah, the cousin down the street actually keeps it all at his house. But I'm a VIP so I get the goods delivered direct to my door.

Ahh It's like calling 1-800-HED-MEDS :bigsmile:
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    I hate cake... and brownies... and love beer and wine. I'm doomed *LOL*

Hanna, that's totally interesting! Thanks for sharing, I'd never heard of that and love medical mysteries....

I think being broke is the best thing in the world for my diet - booze included :) hehe!

I love beer and wine AND cake and cookies...I'm the one that's doomed! haha!
  • surfino
    surfino Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    yesterday i took more than 3000 cal only for alcohol plus a terrible hangover this morning...
    still i have lost 2lbs this week... just don't drink everyday :)
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    Wisconsin is such a horrific binge drinking state... college ruined me *LOL*

(yes, i just blamed the state and college... I'm well aware)

wisconsin is the effing worst. I'm from MN.. Moved to WI for college. Worst drinkers in the country...

That's actually no joke... this state is DRUNK.

We're not alcoholics, we're professionals. :bigsmile:

I actually don't drink often because it's too expensive and with two jobs/school/family there's not a lot of time to waste, but when I do drink, man, I DRINK.
  • tonyaxxx
    Options
    i cant drink cause im allergic to alcohol it bring me out in really score rash
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    i cant drink cause im allergic to alcohol it bring me out in really score rash
    Me to I always wake up in handcuffs...
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I like many types of alcoholic beverages, but don't drink anymore. Over the past several years, it's gotten so that even one drink makes my face turn bright red. It looks and feels like a bad sunburn. No drink tastes good enough to make the discomfort worthwhile. :drinker: