P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Took a couple days to find the new post....
    Sorry to say I'm not having as much progress as the rest of you all. Trying to fit exercise in when I can (which isn't as often as I'd hoped it would be). I'm not going to give up though.
    Every little bit counts. As far as trying to keep calories down, I have managed to lose about 2 1/2 inches so far, so I'm slowly moving in the right direction.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Day 17 in the bag.

Didn't fancy Ab Ripper today and I was actually right on the verge of writing here that I was skipping it until tomorrow. Then I thought "Screw it, I may as well just get it done". I managed to hit a personal best of 375 movements out of 349! I've figured out the parts where I can get extra in when Tony's jabbering on. I reckon I can get to 400 eventually. I also upped the weight on Mason Twists to 2kg.

Quickly as I'm on my way to bed, here are my weights and reps for shoulders and arms. Haven't converted these to lbs today I'm afraid as I'm pooped.

Shoulder press - 8 reps per set, 12.5kg
    In & Out Bicep Curls - 16 per set, 10kg
    Tricep Kickbacks - 8 per set, 10kg
    Swimmers Press - 8 per set, 10kg
    Concentration Curls - 8 per set, 10kg
    Chair dips - 25 per set
    Rows - 10 first set, 12 second set, 10kg
    static arm curls - 16 per set, 7.5kg
    Flip Grip Tricep Kickbacks - 8 per set, 6.5kg
    Seated Shoulder Flyes - 16 per set, 6.5kg first set, 5kg second set
    Cohen Curls - 8 first set, 10 second set, 6.5kg
    Lying Down Tricep Extensions - 10 @ 7.5kg first set, 8 @ 10kg second set
    Straight Arm Shoulder Flyes - 16 per set, 5kg first set, 4kg second set
    Congdon curls - 8 per set, 10kg
    Side Tri Raises - 15 per side per set.

I'm shattered so I'm gonna get to bed. Hope all your workouts were awesome today guys. Keep bringing it!

Jay
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey yall...

Day 17 in the books. You guys know I am not one to complain very much, but I need to vent about something.
    Ab Ripper X is kind of pissing me off... at least lately.
    Here is my deal... I am working so hard to get the fat off of my body. I am pulling doubles often and really burning a lot of calories. becuase of this, however, I am having a hard time getting through some of the Ab Ripper exercises that involve the legs (Phifer scissors and hip rock and raise esp.).My legs are sooooooo weak. I normally would be ok with this, but I am dying to earn back that six pack. Its not my abs that exhausted, its my legs. Obviously my abs are getting work too... I guess I just want it all! :)

Anyway... Have a great evening everyone. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer tonight!
    Bring it tomorrow... we are really getting there! :bigsmile:

Drew
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hey yall...

Day 17 in the books. You guys know I am not one to complain very much, but I need to vent about something.
    Ab Ripper X is kind of pissing me off... at least lately.
    Here is my deal... I am working so hard to get the fat off of my body. I am pulling doubles often and really burning a lot of calories. becuase of this, however, I am having a hard time getting through some of the Ab Ripper exercises that involve the legs (Phifer scissors and hip rock and raise esp.).My legs are sooooooo weak. I normally would be ok with this, but I am dying to earn back that six pack. Its not my abs that exhausted, its my legs. Obviously my abs are getting work too... I guess I just want it all! :)

Anyway... Have a great evening everyone. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer tonight!
    Bring it tomorrow... we are really getting there! :bigsmile:

Drew

Drew you've got a well deserved recovery week coming next week, and I suggest you don't overdo it during that week. I would say stick to the prescribed recovery week without too much extra work. Give your body a chance to catch up so that you can perform at your best during phase 2 and 3!
  • MrsBooker
    MrsBooker Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am glad to see so much support for P90X. I am starting with my hubby on Monday, 9/26. SO excited! I am curious about diet though since I have been reading all the nutritional info that came with it that states you should not be in a calorie deficit with this plan. Have you all upped your cals with MFP since starting P90X? Right now I have been at 1200 cals/day and am wondering if/how much I should increase... Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Day 24, DONE! Today was great, I feel fantastic. Burned over 1,000 calories and completed my dairy with 500+ to spare:explode: This is the first day I actually feel like I kicked butt! Tomorrow is stretch so it will be nice to take it easy. Hope everyone else is bringing it and feeling good. :happy: I am with you on that point Drew, my abs are terrible and I have always thought the first few workouts are unfair, especially after legs and back. Makes no sence but one of these days we will be strong enough to make it through:drinker:
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - day 17 in the books and I am feeling fantastic! i did 329 of the 339 ab moves and did my best to keep strong form! Yeah bringing it today! In addition - I upped the resistance bands for ALL movements and completed the bonus round! My arms are dying but I feel great. I want to say thank you to everyone who posts just about daily, reading of your successes helps me to keep pushing play - when things are looking too busy I think of each of you and remember that this is a commitment that we made to ourselves and each other and I push on. Bringing it today knowing that I wouldn't be doing my money workout for another 6 weeks was amazing!

Mrs B. - Welcome to the group - I hope you and your hubby find the support you need and are looking for in this group. The nutrition guide gives a great balance of calories for completing this program with success - the 1200 calories a day is not going to cut it - you wont push it through plyo with that few calories :)

Nikki - you keep blazing the way! Way to burn it up today! Keep up the awesome work I can't wait til I post those burn numbers during "recovery" week!! You are a rock star!
  • Ucsb23
    Ucsb23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's been a busy week but I have been able to get all the workouts in. I'm really starting to love the arms workout...not so much on the ab ripper. I got on the scale and have only lost 1.5 lbs since starting but have lost an inch off my waist. Love reading all the posts. All you guys are such great motivation. It's goiung to be over in no time.
  • Mike523
    Options
    Morning group!

Day 26 complete! Core Synergistics for the 2nd time of the recovery week, and it felt really good. I like this workout a lot, and felt much more comfortable and coordinated this time. This one really works the core muscles, which is probably the area where I need the most work. I've had many lower back problems over the years, but I'm hoping they are a thing of the past.

Tomorrow is Yoga, Sunday is Stretch, and then Monday starts Phase 2 with Chest, Shoulders & Triceps / Ab Ripper X!

BRING IT people!!!

-Mike
  • nikkif87
    Options
    Morning everyone! Hope everyones day started out great and ends that way as well.

Pretty easy day for me, I have stretch so I am planning on taking a couple short walks today. I feel great after yesterday. Not quite a rock star Sassy, but I do feel like I am accomplishing something. The weight is slowly coming off and I feel stronger and more energized. :happy: Way to go on increacing you resistance, those little changes make a world of difference and make you feel great. I just got new weights and can't wait to do another arm session to try them out.

Ms.Booker- Welcome and to answer your question, I personally have stayed at my goal of 1200. With the workouts I burn so many calories that I get way more anyway. I do not eat them all back though to make up for any errors or logs that I am unsure of. Best of luck to you!

Keep up the great work everyone and thanks for all the daily posts. It keeps me going! Like Mike said, BRING IT!:explode:
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Evening all!

Day 18 and we're sooo close to being into the first recovery week I can almost taste it!

A few shout outs first because I can get a bit engrossed in how it's going for me and forget to give people their proper dues...

Mike - LOVING the way you're blazing the trail for us. It's great to get a sneak peek into what lies ahead.

Nikkif - I reckon we're coming close to rock stardom here! At the least we should look like rock stars by day 90! Another trail blazer - awesome!

UCSB - Great work on getting them all in my man - and wow! An inch is awesome! I really don't pay much attention to the scale numbers any more. I do the weekly weigh in out of habit more than anything.. It's ALL about the bodily changes :)

Sassy - 329!! You're rocking the ab ripper! Loving your motivational posts at the minute too :) When's your bf's birthday? Are you still managing to get all this done in secret??

MrsB - Welcome to the group! Personally I'd recommend upping a bit from 1200 or if you have a HRM, eat a few more than what your HRM shows as your calorie burn. I'm purposely bulking, but I've no HRM so I've just added a modest surplus to my BMR and I'm eating at 2600+. It's all about listening to your body though. If you find yourself feeling drained, promise me you'll eat some more food. Sound ok?

Jrnygirl - Every bit counts! What is it Tony says "Do your best and..." anyone? ;)

Drew - What can I say.. Awesome as ever. Don't beat yourself up on the abs man. Looking at your results video, it looks like the 6 pack really came through between days 60 and 90 on your first round, I reckon it'll be the same this time round - in fact I'm banking on mine coming through mostly in phase 3. Just keep bringing it and believe.

Pichona120 - Sorry, I don't think I saw anyone welcome you to the group so.. Welcome! Great to have you along for the journey!

Now, how did it go in Jay's home gym today? Well today I really got on board with the 'just push play' message. I'll be honest, I didn't want to do yoga today. I wanted to enjoy a bit of chill time after work before the fiance got home. I toyed with the idea of skipping it but y'know, I don't think I REALLY believed that I wasn't going to do it. So I told myself "I'll just push play and do the first half hour and if I'm really not into it, I'll see about cutting it short. Well I did the whole damn thing!

I stopped on the way home from work and bought myself a proper yoga mat. I've been using a foam camping mat thing and it's been getting tatty (I know, didn't last long did it!). I do definitely need to get some yoga blocks though, they'd make my life sooo much easier!

I managed about 30 seconds in total on the crane today. I counted 2 sets of 11 seconds each and the last one was about 5-8 seconds. I can grab my toe on the single leg hamstring stretches now too. I tried wheel again and managed to get up in wheel position but on my head.. Couldn't straighten my arms out. I'll keep trying though!

Last resistance workout for phase 1 tomorrow guys and gals! I'm so excited!

Laters all.

Jay
  • nikkif87
    Options
    Jay you are a beast for even getting into crane. Still on the toes over here! Like I said, far from a rockstar, but who knows, maybe one day. Thanks for the shout out!

BTW " Do your best....AND forget the rest!"
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Thanks Nikki! I give it my best shot and try to beat myself each week. That's all we can expect from any of us :)

By the way, not P90x related at all but if anyone would like to do me a massive favour today, this would be it:

Go to http://community.hipstamatic.com/submissions/160581 and click the Facebook 'like' link near the bottom.

If you twitter, you can double help me out by tweeting http://hpstm.tc/7ky9 and #hipstamatic in one tweet.

If you're feeling super generous, share the link on FB and ask your friends to like the picture too. If you share it via the 'share' button, your buddys just have to like your post for it to count. Every 'like' gets me one step closer to a cool prize :)

Ok, shameless self promotion over ;) Hope nobody minds?

Jay
  • roballesteros
    Options
    Hello All, I've had a busy couple of days but I'm still here....yesterday was CardioX for me since I screwed up my days this week. It was a good work out for me....I am little bummed that I could not get in my run yesterday (too busy).

Today is a completely different story...I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I had a piss poor attitude about working out today but luckily it all turned around for me as soon as I started my Fri. morning run.....I was feeling so awesome while running, no aches, no pains, not the least bit winded even after MILE 5! I know it's becuase of the training with P90X....I ran over 7 miles today! Burned a whole bunch of goop (as T.Horton says) and feeling much better!

I will be doing the complete 1 1/2 of yoga tonight, my boys (Husband and sons) are gone for the evening and I will have some time to kill so I have decided not to watch the Lifetime Channel or Bravo...(for those of you who do not know what this is, it's mostly tv programing for women) and actually get some desperately needed yoga in.

I have promised the P90X gods that I will have a better attitude about working out if my running keeps improving....when making this promise though, I did not realize that Legs and Back was tomorrow....uh oh I may be in some serious trouble.

Drew - Unlike you I have never had an impressive set of abs, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing...that being said, I am holding Jay to his word...I wanna see something other that marshmellow belly (as my 12 yr old son calls it) by day 60!

Sassy - I've got to get in the same mind frame as you....you are killing this thing! I want some of whatever you're drinking!

I hope everyone has a great weekend....TGIF!

GO GOUGARS!

Make your workout count!

~Ro
  • msaap
    msaap Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can't believe week 3 is almost over. My first time around seemed to take FOREVER, but now I feel like it's flying by. :happy:

Q for the ladies!!! I've been trying to find a really good sports bra, but everything that I have tried does not provide good support. I am very top heavy and Plyo is not my friend with the jumps, I'm tired of tripling them (sadly, this is no joke). :grumble: Any suggestions???
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey Yall!!!!!! Day 18 in the books... We are rockin it out! BOOM! POW!

Todays workout was freaking awesome... Yoga X with Asylum Speed and Agility! Feeling good and strong!
    I weighed in for my competition today and lost ANOTHER 3 lbs since last friday! YESSSSSSSSS! WOO HOOOOOOO! boy is bringin it! (Hope yall dont mind me tooting my own horn for a minute!) :flowerforyou:

msaap... I just talked to my fiance and she said that she has a sports bra that she got from walmart that she LOVES. Its from a brand called "Danniskin" (or something like that!). I hope that helps! :) Week three is flying by... you are crushing this! Great job!

Ro... Your post totally made me wanna go for a run RIGHT NOW! It's so awesome that your workout changed you attitude today! I think that is one of the most under rated parts of exercise! BOOM! Way to rock it!

Jaybone... I went ahead and voted for you! i hope you win bro! Btw... thanks for watching my video man! You are really crusshing this thing. I was wondering how your push up challenge impacted your chest workout... Im glad you arranged your push up schedule to fit in line with your workout routine!

NIKKI!!!! You ARE a rock star! You are breezing through this program and motivating every single one of us! Thanks for that! Give yourself some props, you ARE a beast! The End!

Mike... Thanks for the advice man. I think you are right! annnnd.... You are blowing this thing out of the water! you rock dude! thanks for continuing to lead the way and update us on your progress every day! You are the man!

Ucsb.... WAY TO GO MAN! 1.5 LBS is nothing to shake a stick at! and that inch you lost is the shizzzzzzz man! BOOM! You are crushing this program!

Sassy... killing it as usual! I wonder how Yoga went today!

Have a great evening yall! I made my week 3 update video today, but im having a very hard time uploading it to youtube... Ill get that up asap... hopefully by the end of the night tonight!

Boombastic job yall!
    Drew:explode:
  • drwstown76
    Options
    :Hey Yall :happy:
    Here is my week 3 video... I felt some passion when I was filming this one! haha!
    Have a GREAT weekend yall...
    Bring It!:explode: BOOM!

Drew
  • drwstown76
    Options
    It would be nice if I actually put the video link in here! hahahahahaha!

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUzl-_b5tiY
  • msaap
    msaap Posts: 89 Member
    Options

msaap... I just talked to my fiance and she said that she has a sports bra that she got from walmart that she LOVES. Its from a brand called "Danniskin" (or something like that!). I hope that helps! :) Week three is flying by... you are crushing this! Great job!

Thanks Drew!!!
  • Mike523
    Options
    Happy Saturday, team!

Day 27, Yoga X complete! My 2nd Yoga X of the week, 5th overall, and without a doubt my best one yet! I really felt strong this time, held my poses with greater stability, less shaking, and less wavering. I could tell I was pushing with a greater intensity, and my HRM confirmed it with a larger calorie burn than I usually get with this workout.

Recovery week is almost over, and my body feels great! I am sooooo ready to lift some serious weight and BRING IT as hard as I can!!! I watched Chest, Shoulders & Triceps last night as a preview, and it looks like it's going to be AWESOME!!! One arm push ups!!! Plyo/Clap push ups!!!

So tomorrow I get to stretch everything out with X Stretch, and then will bring it hard Monday morning.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

-Mike