Team Jungle Jewels (Sept Tribal Challenge) - Week 1 (CLOSED

Options

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love my hubby:smooched: and daughter:smooched: ! They saved up and pooled money to buy me a new bike so I could keep exercising during the cooler weather.. :heart: :heart:
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love my hubby:smooched: and daughter:smooched: ! They saved up and pooled money to buy me a new bike so I could keep exercising during the cooler weather.. :heart: :heart:

You lucky duck :)

I am SO PUMPED for September. I think its going to be a fantastic month!!! (Mostly because I am going to make it that way ;) )
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok just checking to see if I did the "copy/paste" signature correctly...lmao I thought I was tech savvy, but this one had me confused! lmao
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    YAAAAAYYYYYY I am so excited to do these challenges... but I am a little confused. Should I have already been studying up on some of the workout routines? I dont want to lag behind but I have not read on the tribal stuff and I never watched any of those reality tv shows, if this is where the tribal theme fits in...
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Thought I would share ... I saw that this was posted for our challenge and haven't seen it yet in here.

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAYYYYYY I am so excited to do these challenges... but I am a little confused. Should I have already been studying up on some of the workout routines? I dont want to lag behind but I have not read on the tribal stuff and I never watched any of those reality tv shows, if this is where the tribal theme fits in...
    No, no studying involved!
    Each month Gary sets new challenges under a new heading - August was kick the c**p out of August - and Sept is 'tribal'. The title has no bearing on the exercisdes!!

Have a look at the you-tube videos for any exercises that your unsure of.
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Good Morning Team!!

Thanks Sarah for posting Week 1's challenges for me :smile:

Exercises are broken down into two series: (1) Bushmen Series - Advanced & (2) Pygmy Series - Basic. It is your decision which exercises you follow each day - if you are new to these kind of exercises, you may wish to start with the Pygmy for this week and move up to the Bushmen in following weeks.

Whichever series you choose MAKE SURE you warm up before exercising in order to prevent injuries, if you feel pain... STOP, if you choose to attempt advanced exercises and find you are not physically ready for them, please switch to a basic exercise. If there is an exercise you have not ever tried and you are unsure about pushing your body, please consult with your physician or a trainer for further instructions. I want for you all to meet your goals the safe & healthy way.

Have a great day!!:bigsmile:
  • littlemount
    Options
    Totally excited about starting on Sep 1,gives me 2 days to review these exercises on youtube I am not familiar with a few of them.
    I like the way which Gary gradually increased the number of exercises.
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team!!

Thanks Sarah for posting Week 1's challenges for me :smile:

Exercises are broken down into two series: (1) Bushmen Series - Advanced & (2) Pygmy Series - Basic. It is your decision which exercises you follow each day - if you are new to these kind of exercises, you may wish to start with the Pygmy for this week and move up to the Bushmen in following weeks.

Whichever series you choose MAKE SURE you warm up before exercising in order to prevent injuries, if you feel pain... STOP, if you choose to attempt advanced exercises and find you are not physically ready for them, please switch to a basic exercise. If there is an exercise you have not ever tried and you are unsure about pushing your body, please consult with your physician or a trainer for further instructions. I want for you all to meet your goals the safe & healthy way.

Have a great day!!:bigsmile:

Good Morning Everyone,

A couple days and where off.... I'll take a look at these exercise to familiarize myself.... I'm ready.. Have a fabulous day!!!
  • QueenFe
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

I was looking up these exercises because I didn't see any videos and all I can say is WOW!!! Killer!!! I think I will work my way up to the insanity (advanced) workout :laugh: I love challenges!!! Bring it on!!!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    I was looking up these exercises because I didn't see any videos and all I can say is WOW!!! Killer!!! I think I will work my way up to the insanity (advanced) workout :laugh: I love challenges!!! Bring it on!!!

Fe, Gary's posting the video links to the advanced sometime today. If you go into you-tube and type in the name, you'll be able to pick them up too!

I think it's a good idea to try out the pygmy's first and build up/try them out at your leisure :wink:
  • QueenFe
    Options

Fe, Gary's posting the video links to the advanced sometime today. If you go into you-tube and type in the name, you'll be able to pick them up too!

I think it's a good idea to try out the pygmy's first and build up/try them out at your leisure :wink:

OK Jules,

I did find the videos on youtube and I had a **blank stare** at the 50 globe jumps....LOL INSANITY at it's finest!!! (I love it) :noway: :bigsmile:
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Okay - checked out the videos - I can do this. Infact.. I might attempt the more difficult set... LOL We will see how well I can do :)
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Options
    THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Good morning .. I think i'll start with the Pygmy series since I've only started exercising in June 2011, Don't want to kill myself and not see it through. I'm determined to succeed ! Let's gooooooooo team! :happy:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    I just wanted to share with you.......

I have just finished the very last challenge of August!! It has been a rollercoaster month to say the least. There have been days where I've had the energy of Tigger and there's been days were I had no energy at all!! These were the days that I took support from my team - I didn't want to be the one who let the team down!

I am proud to say that I completed every task - even the extras thrown in by Gary - drank my water and came in under calories EVERY day of the month!!!

I've lost weight, lost inches and am fitter than a month ago!!!

Will YOU be saying this at the end of September???????

I really hope so :wink:
  • QueenFe
    Options

I have just finished the very last challenge of August!! It has been a rollercoaster month to say the least. There have been days where I've had the energy of Tigger and there's been days were I had no energy at all!! These were the days that I took support from my team - I didn't want to be the one who let the team down!

I am proud to say that I completed every task - even the extras thrown in by Gary - drank my water and came in under calories EVERY day of the month!!!

Way to Go Jules!!!

I'm going to be SCREAMING this at the end of September :wink:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Options

Way to Go Jules!!!

I'm going to be SCREAMING this at the end of September :wink:

CONGRATULATIONS JULES!! :flowerforyou:

We'll be there with you Jules! :happy:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Options

You lucky duck :)

I am SO PUMPED for September. I think its going to be a fantastic month!!! (Mostly because I am going to make it that way ;) )

I'm there with you Lorah!
  • suse75
    suse75 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm gonna have to print that list of challenges. Looks like we will be having a lot of fun ladies.

On 9/1, should we all post our weight, regardless of if we weigh on certain days?