Team Jungle Jewels (Sept Tribal Challenge) - Week 1 (CLOSED

Options

Replies

• PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    LATEST UPDATE FROM GARY .................

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

I will post the videos this evening!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Ladies,

Can you ALL please post your Current Weight on here or pm me on Wednesday 31st August!!

SUNDAY is the the weigh-in day afterwards (sorry not Wednesday as previously mentioned).

Many thanks - have a great day!!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to share with you.......

I have just finished the very last challenge of August!! It has been a rollercoaster month to say the least. There have been days where I've had the energy of Tigger and there's been days were I had no energy at all!! These were the days that I took support from my team - I didn't want to be the one who let the team down!

I am proud to say that I completed every task - even the extras thrown in by Gary - drank my water and came in under calories EVERY day of the month!!!

I've lost weight, lost inches and am fitter than a month ago!!!

Will YOU be saying this at the end of September???????

I really hope so :wink:

Congrats on sticking it through until the end and seeing results!

I WILL for sure be saying the things at the end of September! I hope to surprise myself in September! :)
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to share with you.......

I have just finished the very last challenge of August!! It has been a rollercoaster month to say the least. There have been days where I've had the energy of Tigger and there's been days were I had no energy at all!! These were the days that I took support from my team - I didn't want to be the one who let the team down!

I am proud to say that I completed every task - even the extras thrown in by Gary - drank my water and came in under calories EVERY day of the month!!!

I've lost weight, lost inches and am fitter than a month ago!!!

Will YOU be saying this at the end of September???????

I really hope so :wink:

Sharing Jules' sentiment exactly....we were on the same August Challenge team and, yes, there were frustrations...mainly from those who were not really "participating" and didn't seem to care!! Jules and I care VERY much about you all...this is going to be HARD, but so worth it! It's for you, your health, and your team!! Peer pressure can be a great thing sometimes if "used" correctly!! Let's cheer each other on and get this challenge GOING!!!

Who would have thought that I could be under cals, over water, and doing these exercises outside of my normal workout routine EVERY day (except one)....if I can do that...you all can too!!

I'm psyched........ok.....as they say in the football huddle breakdown..... "GO TEAM JUNGLE JEWELS!!!!"
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Please read this via Gary:

HOW DOES THE SEPT CHALLENGE WORK? its very simple. You choose which exercise path you want to do for the day or week. Pygmy or BUSHMEN.

Pygmy is more basic and low impact where BUSHMEN is the opposite. I would suggest trying something new! You do the exercises for the day.

If there is a weekly goal meet that goal. Once a day you update your team captain (via this forum) saying I did all the dailies or I did 5 of them whatever is the case.

Then send them your weight on Sunday.

That's it. We compute the % of weight loss and your points for each day's exercise and add it together for a total team score. If all of your team completes the daily and weekly challenges you earn bonus points for the team.

That's all there is to it really. I hope that helps!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Ok! I am ready to go! My internet is scheduled to be back on by 9pm! I am commited to do my best for the team and get healthy and fit for myself at the same time! Thanks again Jules for letting me join at last minute! Can't wait to get my Jungle Jewels signature!! Grr darn hurricane!! Let's go Jungle Jewels!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September 2011 is 216 pounds.
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!

Are you ready?? For tomorrow we're going TRIBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! Team Jungle Jewels is going to SHINE SHINE SHINE!!!

Today I need your current weight and any 'before' photo's, if you've not already sent them to me. I hope you've all had a chance to look at the short version of Week 1 (4 days long) and have decided which set of exercises you plan to do.

My stats are -

MFP starting weight - 210lbs
    Current weight - 174.6 lbs
    Goal weight - 150 lbs

Hope to lose 5lbs this challenge!

Have a fabulous day - keep ready, we're off............

Jules :laugh:
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Current weight is 272 #teamjunglejewels :-)

Oh by the way after much consideration I've decided to do the advanced and push myself even more since I've already been working out :-) LET'S DO THIS JUNGLE JEWELS!!!!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Current weight is 272 #teamjunglejewels :-)

Oh by the way after much consideration I've decided to do the advanced and push myself even more since I've already been working out :-) LET'S DO THIS JUNGLE JEWELS!!!!

Good for you girl!!!! I am going BUSHMAN aswell.. Lets kick some butt!!!!
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    MFP Starting Weight: 238 lbs
    Current Weight: 226 lbs
    Goal Weight: 188 lbs

Hope to lose 8 lbs during the month of September!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi team!

SW. 141
    CW. 134
    GW. 129
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    SW 286
    CW 240
    GW 160

SEPT 31 GW 230 :)
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

My Stats are : 250 SW
    216 CW
    150 GW

Goal to lose for Septemeber.. 8-10 pounds!
    Cheers! Let's kick SOME BUTT!!! :drinker:

Monica :heart:
  • littlemount
    Options
    Hi Team Jungle Jewels the countdown to the challenge starts now

SW- 192.5
    CW-192
    GW- By the end of September is 187

The photo I will put up soon I do not know how to upload my picture.
  • suse75
    Options
    Weighed in this morning at 277.0
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ARE WE READY TO RUMBLE LADIES??!!! I know that I am....ready to go TTTRRRIIIIBBBBAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!
    Hopping on my vine ready to Swing into September....is my Jewel necklace straight?? :bigsmile:

Ok, hope everyone gets a great night's sleep tonight....the work begins in a few short hours!! I'm so excited to have you all on our team!!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    MFP starting weight (7/16/11) 355

Current weight (8/31/11) 324

Challenge GW: (9/30/11) 299

Ultimate Goal weight (5/31/12) 150 lbs

I WILL be losing 25lbs in September!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    ARE WE READY TO RUMBLE LADIES??!!! I know that I am....ready to go TTTRRRIIIIBBBBAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!
    Hopping on my vine ready to Swing into September....is my Jewel necklace straight?? :bigsmile:

Ok, hope everyone gets a great night's sleep tonight....the work begins in a few short hours!! I'm so excited to have you all on our team!!

I am sooooooooooooooo ready for it! In fact i think I'm going to tweek my name a bit for an alter ego .... maybe go to the ancient spelling Sarai.. hmmm or Jezebel of the Jungle OR Dido (like Queen of Carthage) since that is where my roots are. Hmmmm lol

and my theme song and morning dance shall be Waka Waka by Shakira!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM - it's started!!!!!! Waahoo!!! :bigsmile:

Today's Exercise Challenges are - PYGMY SERIES - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo ) OR BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced) - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

You ALSO need to drink at least 64oz (8 glasses of water), stay under calories AND report it in the team's forum!!

REMEMBER, this is only Day 1 – pace yourselves please to avoid injuries - this challenge lasts for 30 days! We want all 11 Jewels to cross the finishing line together!

OK, so to help you on your way -

Music - Shakira Waka Waka as chosen by Sarah today

Motivational tip - 'All long journeys start off with a single step'

Good luck team – we've gone Tribal!!!!!!

:laugh: