Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• msrobinson77
    Options
    Good morning all...

For Yesterday:
    NEWTS-Got my 5 veggies+6 cups of water
    OWLS- Not sure how we are counting these but, I did 20 tricep dips (YOWZA!)
    House Points- 30

Here's a little trick for sneaking in some extra veggies-I've been making fruit smoothies for breakfast and I add a serving of baby spinach and a serving of carrots. Put a little splenda in the blender and you won't even taste a difference!

Let's all work hard to RESIST the candy today! Happy Halloween!!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Weigh in- 213.8
    10/26
    OWLS: 4 (40 reverse crunch)
    NEWTS: 18 (under fat, 13 cups water)
    Housepoints: 30

10/27
    OWLS:0
    NEWTS:9 (over fat 9 cups water)
    Housepoints:0

10/28
    NEWTS: 6 (cups water)

10/29
    NEWTS: Over fat and apparently didn't track water that day :/

10/30
    NEWTS:8 (over fat by 2! :( )

Got back on the horse with exercise today.
    I'm going to try to update more, I know it's a lot for me to put days and days worth in one day for you to update and I feel terrible about it!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    OWLS and House points NIL so far
    NEWTS - 23

Sorry, I'll go to the gym tomorrow, I need to beat my laziness out of myself.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    sorry for the late check in
    307.8 is my weight for this week- i know why i've gained all this weight back. i'm not meal planning. i'm disgusted with myself but at the same time i just ran 2 5ks in 7 days and set a new personal best.

10/28
    owls 0
    newts 0
    hp 0

10/29
    owls 0
    newts 0
    hp53

10/30
    owls0
    newts0
    hp124
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ok for 10/31

OWLs - 0
    NEWTs - 8
    HPs - 21

Halloween is crazy!!!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Sorry I've been a little absent yesterday and today, I'm ill once again! Hoping to be better by tomorrow.

Also, I'm trying to complete 1000 exercise minutes throughout November. Anyone is welcome to join me in this if you so wish.

31/10

OWLs - 2
    NEWTs - 9
    House Points - 30
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been a little absent yesterday and today, I'm ill once again! Hoping to be better by tomorrow.

Also, I'm trying to complete 1000 exercise minutes throughout November. Anyone is welcome to join me in this if you so wish.

31/10

OWLs - 2
    NEWTs - 9
    House Points - 30

1,000 exercise minutes per week? I am down for that challenge. I come close to this now so it should be fun!
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Here are my stats for today:

Newts: 13 (9 water) + (4 veggies) unless mushrooms are considered a veggie??? then I would have +1
    Owls: 0
    House Pts: 0

Alas, I only ate three mini candy bars, much less than I typically would, and I am well under my calorie goal for today.
    Yes!!! What a great way to start week #2 --in the green!!!! Will post measurements tomorrow am.
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    I have several people ready for the 30 day Shred challenge. I am so excited! Make sure you post your starting measurements by Friday. Also if you can not or do not want to participate in the 30 day shred challenge I have another option for you inspired by Molly! An alternative can be to try and do 1,000 minutes of exercise in November! That is an excellent way to stay motivated with a challenge and help with House Points. Let's do it Hufflepuffs!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    10/31

OWLs - 4 (20 Tricep Dips)
    NEWTs - (5+16) 21
    House Points - 173

I did Day 1/Level 1 30DS... Ugh!! Push Ups killed me! The rest wasn't too terrible.

How do you want the measurements?? I have a ton (waist/hips/chest/left-right arm/calf/thigh).... I am going to have problems around Thanksgiving because I am going 'home'... But I will do what I can. :0)
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    1,000 exercise minutes per week? I am down for that challenge. I come close to this now so it should be fun!

It's actually 1000 exercise minutes over the entire month, which works out to around 33.5 minutes a day. Obviously if you can achieve 1000 minutes a week then you are more than welcome to do that!

I suggested the idea of 1000 minutes throughout November on my profile about 10 or so days ago, I didn't really think anyone would be interested in joining me in the challenge. If anyone else wants to join then feel free to do so. We don't have a thread set up, it's actually very disorganised :laugh: However the more the merrier :)
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    RE: 1000 minutes challenge

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/382028-1000-minutes-in-november

There's a 'group' and post about it there.
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    10/31

OWLs - 4 (20 Tricep Dips)
    NEWTs - (5+16) 21
    House Points - 173

I did Day 1/Level 1 30DS... Ugh!! Push Ups killed me! The rest wasn't too terrible.

How do you want the measurements?? I have a ton (waist/hips/chest/left-right arm/calf/thigh).... I am going to have problems around Thanksgiving because I am going 'home'... But I will do what I can. :0)

Measurements can include waist, hips, thighs, arms and bust if you are female. Any others are welcome but not required!
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    11/01

OWLs - 4
    NEWTs - 10 (6 + 4)
    HPs - 75
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Good luck with the JM 30 day shred! I'll keep working on logging house points but, I find Jillian Michaels to be a very unpleasant media personality. Although, if you all have success, I may change my mind about her:tongue:

I forgot my healthy packed lunch today. Found some community snacks in the staff lounge at work but, they were anything but healthy. Now I feel chubby, tired and really hungry. Too bad the snacks I did manage to put together for a make shift lunch were loaded with sugar and carbs and now I am nearly out of calories. That will teach me not to forget my lunch again!
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Good luck with the JM 30 day shred! I'll keep working on logging house points but, I find Jillian Michaels to be a very unpleasant media personality. Although, if you all have success, I may change my mind about her:tongue:

I forgot my healthy packed lunch today. Found some community snacks in the staff lounge at work but, they were anything but healthy. Now I feel chubby, tired and really hungry. Too bad the snacks I did manage to put together for a make shift lunch were loaded with sugar and carbs and now I am nearly out of calories. That will teach me not to forget my lunch again!

I agree. i find her highly unpleasant, but extremely effective .... That's why I do her workout because she is so effective.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Stats for 1/11

OWLs - 5
    NEWTs - 8
    House Points - 30

Sorry I've been less active in here today. I start a work placement tomorrow so I have been stressing about that today, as well as preparing for it. I'm hoping it goes well as I will be there once up a week up until May, so fingers crossed.

Thanksgiving is soon isn't it? Being English I don't celebrate such thing, but I've always wanted to have a holiday/celebration like thanksgiving because it seems like such a nice thing.
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    The Biggest Loser challenge has me burning up calories which is awesome for our house points, but not so good for all of OWLs challenge. I promise to get some of those in this week! 30 day Shred day 1 completed. I just discovered the mute Jillian option! Thank God for that!

Starting Measurements for 30 day Shred:
    Neck- 12.25 inches
    Waist-32.5 inches
    Hips (8 inches below waist)-43.0 inches
    Right Thigh-26.5 inches
    Left thigh-26.5 inches
    BMI-35.9
    Body Fat%- 32.92%

Hoping to improve all of these measurements! I know we can do this!
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good morning, here are my stats for yesterday:

11/1

Owls: 0
    Newts: 13 (9waters, 4 veggies)
    House points: 0

I didn't get a chance to do the 30DS video yesterday, hoping to this evening.
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    OK here are my stats for today

OWLs - 4
    NEWTs - 9 (Basically a veggieless day, except for Mushrooms and Red Peppers in dinner...Shame on me!!)
    HPs - 50