Hufflepuff Common Room

Options
Welcome to the Hufflepuff Common Room!

As summarized from my post for recruits, there was a Harry Potter weight-loss challenge established before the latest movie release. Members were divided into houses and competed in fitness related challenges within their own House and with other Houses. Unfortunately, Hufflepuff and Slytherin House sort of disbanded after the movie was released, while Gryffindor and Ravenclaw are still going strong.

Hufflepuff House is NOW up and running and BACK in the race!!!

This is a place where Hufflepuffs can report weekly weight, discuss challenges, encourage and motivate each other, but also just... be geeky. Have fun and get to know each other! :)

* Weigh-Ins will be weekly

* Two Prefects will be chosen monthly. One based on highest weight-loss percentage for the month, and one for the most number of House Points

* House Points are awarded from in-House challenges, and inter-House competitions with the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws.

* Hufflepuffs are honest and loyal... We operate on the honor system.

* Ideas for in-House and inter-House challenges are accepted from everybody. Have an idea? Voice it here!

If you're seeing this post and you're not a member (but you're a Hufflepuff at heart!) you can still join! Say hello and jump right in!

Gryffindor, or Ravenclaw and looking to join a group? Allow us to direct you to your common rooms.
Here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294286-gryffindor-common-room
And Here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/291461-ravenclaw-common-room

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    ok, I am excited :) I've always had a soft spot for the hufflepuffs!

Hi everyone...I'm Emily. Be prepared to see a lot of me because I am an mfp addict ;)
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    To start, can we all post our current weight? (For the purpose of calculating weight loss percentage for Prefect Selection)

Also, how's Friday for weigh-in day?

Get that done, and then just... mingle. We'll decide on our first in-House challenge later today! :)

(Also, if you want to REPRESENT, you can totally steal my shield)
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    ok, I am excited :) I've always had a soft spot for the hufflepuffs!

Hi everyone...I'm Emily. Be prepared to see a lot of me because I am an mfp addict ;)

Hi Emily!! I'm on here ALL THE TIME, too! This is the greatest site ever!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Hiya!

I'm Molly, I've just joined MFP and I love it already!

Currently coming in at 174 and I'm hoping to be 153 by November 23. We'll see if I manage to reach that!
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    Hey Guys! My name is Becky. (If you couldn't tell) LOL

My current weight is 197.8
    I weigh in every Sunday like clock work if thats ok, I am so excited for this challenge.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Friday is fine for me as weigh in day :) Will we organise a time or just post our weights as and when? I've noticed that a lot of people are based in North America while I'm hours ahead over the pond in England!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Friday is fine for me as weigh in day :) Will we organise a time or just post our weights as and when? I've noticed that a lot of people are based in North America while I'm hours ahead over the pond in England!

No special time, Molly. Just want to try to get most people on the same day. Easier to track, y'know? :)
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Ok, my current is 175.5
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Almost forgot!
    My starting weight: 239.6
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Almost forgot!
    My starting weight: 239.6

Current weight, that is!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Where are all the other hufflepuffs hiding? Come on guys, I want to meet you all!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I vote for starting our first Inter-House challenge in October and doing a month-long challenge. We Gryffs will be done with our current challenges, and you Hufflepuffs are going month to month, yes? I'm gonna see what Ravenclaw thinks and we can start planning!

What do you think?
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My name's Meaghan, current weight 225lb
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I vote for starting our first Inter-House challenge in October and doing a month-long challenge. We Gryffs will be done with our current challenges, and you Hufflepuffs are going month to month, yes? I'm gonna see what Ravenclaw thinks and we can start planning!

What do you think?

That sounds good to me!
    Hi guys! My name's Meaghan, current weight 225lb

Hey Meaghan!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello Hufflepuff! Ravenclaw Head of House here. Glad to see you're getting the Common Room set up! Good luck to you all!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Where are all the other hufflepuffs hiding? Come on guys, I want to meet you all!

hi! i'm danielle!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    oh yeah my current weight is 304lbs, cringe. i still can't believe i've typed out my weight.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    oh yeah my current weight is 304lbs, cringe. i still can't believe i've typed out my weight.

Hi Danielle! How much are you hoping to lose, if you don't mind me asking?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Someone in Ravenclaw just suggested we make a Great Hall thread to post about suggestions for Inter-House stuff! What do you think?
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Someone in Ravenclaw just suggested we make a Great Hall thread to post about suggestions for Inter-House stuff! What do you think?

Ooh I like this idea!