Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• hufflepuffin
    Options
    So far it's 5 votes for Jumping Jacks and 3 votes for Crunches (assuming my calculations are correct!)

About half an hour left to vote for the basis of our first in-House challenge!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    to be honest, i really like crunches so either is fine by me. don't really get on with mountain climbers though as they tend to jar my shin splints!

thanks for the translation Jen :)
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    bump
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, can I join? Can I? Can I? Can I? The last time I weighed, I was 175.4. I don't have a lot left to lose, but this should add a fun and interesting dimension to my push through the final 13 pounds!

My sister and I re-watched all the HP movies in the weeks before the last one came out in the theaters. It was so much fun! Since she's on MFP, I'll have to tell her to join a house too.
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, can I join? Can I? Can I? Can I? The last time I weighed, I was 175.4. I don't have a lot left to lose, but this should add a fun and interesting dimension to my push through the final 13 pounds!

My sister and I re-watched all the HP movies in the weeks before the last one came out in the theaters. It was so much fun! Since she's on MFP, I'll have to tell her to join a house too.

Make that 145.4.....ooops!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options

Make that 145.4.....ooops!

Welcome! All Four Houses are currently available to join. Glad to have you in Hufflepuff!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Okay, guys... Looks like the Jumping Jacks take it.

I'll be back in a few with specifics!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    To encourage participation and in-House support, what if I give one House Point for every NSV shared in the common room?

Thoughts?

i like it.
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Hey Hufflepuffs!

This week’s challenges have been decided.

After hashing things out with Gryffindor Head of House, we’ve decided every House will have TWO in-House challenges per week.

Ours this week are:
    Jumping Jacks (sets of 20) and Water Intake.

Exercise Challenge:

* Starting Thursday morning until the end of the day Saturday (normally it'll be an entire week, but we formed in the middle of the week and we want to get started, don't we??)

* Do as many sets of 20 Jumping Jacks as you can (with reasonable comfort - don't hurt yourselves!)

* Keep track of your sets and report them here any time you want, just make sure you get them all in by the end of Saturday, so we can vote on a new challenge for the next week on Sunday.

* You will be awarded 1 OWL per set of 20 Jumping Jacks.

Food Challenge:

This week's Food Challenge (again, Thursday through Saturday) is to meet or exceed your water requirement every day.

* 1 NEWT awarded per day of meeting or exceeding water requirement

* Report back here every day, or at the end of the week with how many days you completed the challenge

== About OWLs and NEWTs ==

* Two members from this group will be selected as Prefects based on your Monthly Total of OWLs and NEWTs.
    * Prefects will make the suggestions for weekly challenges, to be voted on by other Members.
    * Most importantly, at the end of the month, the Houses with the most OWLs and NEWTs combined will receive bonus House Points towards the House Cup.

As you can see, we've changed the name of the in-House points to OWLs (for exercise challenges) and NEWTs (for food challenges). House Points will be awarded to the House that wins the bigger (monthly) inter-House challenge we'll compete in with the Gryffindors, Ravenclaws and Slytherins. Our bonus points from OWLs and NEWTs are then added, and the winner of the House Cup then decided.

Make sense?

Ready, Go!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    School Rules (pending an "OK" from Ravenclaw)

1.) House Points are earned in a monthly competition in which ALL FOUR Houses compete.
    2.) The House Points decide the Head Boy/Girl (the top 2 people from all Houses, regardless of gender, because we seem to have our men outnumbered by our women).
    3.) OWLs are awarded for exercise challenges and NEWTs are for food challenges decided by each Head of House each week for that House. OWLs and NEWTs have the same point value. One OWL will be given for every set of an exercise (to be decided by each Head of House for their House), and one NEWT will be given for every day the food challenge is completed.
    4.) Each Head of House can name Prefects as often as they like based on the OWLs and NEWTs (I’ll do one for each, selected monthly).
    5.) At the end of the month, the Houses with the most OWLs and NEWTs combined will receive bonus House Points towards the House Cup (1st - 100, 2nd - 50, 3rd - 25).
    6.) Quidditch matches will be decided by the total percentage lost for each House each week, and the most lost overall will get the Quidditch Cup.

Not as complicated as it sounds! Honest!
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options
    Hey!! I'm excited for the challenges!!! I'm currently 172 I weighed myself today and will again later in the week
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Great! Most of us are weighing in on Friday. :)
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    are there any other stats you're keeping on us?
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    hey, everyone! stacy here, a former gryffindor gone mia! this challenge looks awesome and i'm excited to get started - love the jumping jack challenge, too. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

current weight: 195
  • tklarakis
    Options
    Hello fellow Hufflepuffs! I'm TJ, I am 22, and new to MFP. Looking to drop a significant amount of weight, I think this will be a great way to get us motivated and working towards common goals. Please feel free to add me to your MFP friends to expand your network of support.

Starting weight: 327.00
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Finally weighted in today... Higher than I thought. 176.6 Boo!!

I am super exicted about the OWLs & NEWTs... I am a water drinking fool and Jumping Jacks - I got this! :-)

Have a great day EVERYONE!!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    today's jumping jacks: 60

wasn't even my idea - my gym instructor went jumping jacks ballistic today!

have a good one!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    today's jumping jacks: 60

wasn't even my idea - my gym instructor went jumping jacks ballistic today!

have a good one!

Great start!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    are there any other stats you're keeping on us?

Nope. Just your weight, how much you lose each week and whether or not you're completing the exercise/food challenges
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Hello, Hufflepuffs!

Hope the picture I posted works.. Just wanted to show you the spreadsheet I'll be using to keep track of everything. I took this screen shot last night, before some of you posted your weight, so that'd be why all of the information isn't there. :)

Anyway, the spreadsheet will automatically total our weight loss % as a whole.
    All Houses are calculating group weight loss %.
    The House with the highest % of weight-loss at the end of each week (probably decided on Sunday. I'll work that part out) will win the Quidditch Cup!

hufflepuffspreadsheetpic-2.jpg

By the way, uh... we weigh 3118.3 lbs as a group.. and there's still one person I haven't gotten a weight from yet. :laugh: