Options

Replies

• meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My weight is about the same
    Last week: 78.6 kg (173.3)
    This week: 78.7 kg (173.5)

I guess I'll call that no change? Disappointing, but it happens to the best of us. All I can do is keep it up :)

Did another 15 of the plie kicks yesterday after the 30DS, so I'm up to 30... still a lot to go... grrrr.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I did not do any of the plié challenges, and let me just vent that I frustrated. I posted on the second page of this thread that I could see the video, and no one even bothered to try and help me :( what's the point of being in a support group if no one help anyon else ? Sorry if I'm sounding mean, I'm just very frustrated I couldn't find a viedo anywhere and the link posted on here would not play for me

I have a lot of problems with videos playing (since I don't live in the US). When that happens I just google or check youtube.com for whichever exercise we're supposed to be doing. Sometimes it's a different video, but you'll still get the idea.

I saw your post (on page 1), but honestly thought you were just giving Jenn a heads up, and would google it. Sorry I didn't respond, I didn't realize you were actually asking for help.
  • Mary_Kate
    Mary_Kate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Checking in for this week. Jenn, I realised I never posted my july measurements so have included these below.
    My CW is: 181.

So close to the 170's!! Hope next weeks challenge will be tough enough to get me there. I still have 30 of the plie kicks to do but will get them done over today and tomorrow.

July measurements
    Bust: 43.5
    Waist: 41.5
    Hips: 42
    Arm: 14.5
    Thigh: 25.5

August measurements
    Bust: 42.5
    Waist: 40
    Hips: 41
    Arm: 14
    Thigh: 25.5
  • lildietitian
    lildietitian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    meaurements coming tonight...

Complimented a coworker the other day because she was wearing a skirt and heels when normally it's more casual. We were passing and it surprised me that she had dressed up so I made a point to say That she looked really nice. Put a smile on her face and on mine.

I've been trying to compliment people more often for some weird reason... another time just the other day, I had a member come into my fitness centre and he has decided to sport a beard. He's an older gentleman and when I first saw him I thought he looked like Keifer Sutherland (from the show '24'). I wasn't going to say anything initially but then said screw it... got chatting on his way out and told him that he could pass as Sutherlands stunt double. Well he left the fitness centre absolutely beaming!! Said he couldn't wait to go home and tell his wife what a young girl said to him. hahaha
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    cw: 199:bigsmile:

Bust: 44
    Waist: 42
    Hips: 48.5
    Thigh: 26.5

All challenges met for the week except I am 15 plie kicks short which will be completed in the morning.:heart:
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The compliment challenge:

On MFP, someone posted pictures of cakes she had made from pancake mix. They looked like muffins/cupcakes and 1 chocolate chip version contains 191 calories/24g carbs/9g fat/4g protein - they looked fab and I told her so and asked for the receipe. Worth a look if you have a sweet tooth - in the food and nutrition message boards under title pancake cupcakes by the robinator.
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    CW: 195/no change

Bust: 40
    Waist: 39
    Hips: 45
    Arm: 13

Physical challenge: not done/knee wouldn't allow:cry:
    Compliment: Went to bank and noticed the teller's ring, I said how unusual it was and looked closer at it. Asked if she picked it out. She said no my husband did all by himself. I said wow he did good. He's a keeper. She grinned ear to ear and said yes he is. I don't normally just talk to people. I don't know. I just kinda stand there waitin on them to make my transaction unless of course they talk to me.:smile:

I did something really crazy yesterday so I new my weight would be up,:bigsmile:
    Made a last minute road trip to Kansas to see my son play in his college teams purple and white team scrimmage, It was great to see him play again and at the next level. And then turned around and came home same day!! left at noon got there about 5:30 game at 6 visited after until after 9 home by 2:30
    Crazy....but a great day but bad day eating wise and no exercise.
    Bought the EA Active 2 for Wii at Target for $10.Gonna give that a try:smile:
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Wt today: 199

Today's measurements in inches:

Bust: 43
    Waist: 40
    Thigh: 24.5
    Arm: 13

I need some suggestions for arm exercises! Does anyone have a DVD they recommend for upper body? My current strength training DVD is Bob Harper's Kettlebell workout (using a 10-lb kettlebell), and I've used Jackie Warner's Xtreme Personal Training, but neither one has had an effect on my arms.
    Thanks!

I don't have anything except get into a dumb bell routine... Those Plies kicks sure got my arms tired....push ups are great too. I would get some dumb bells and go on u tube and find some arm exercises like Jenn has been giving us. You will be sporting that tank top in no time :bigsmile: Congrats on saying good bye to the 200's :drinker:
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    At work now but will update with weight and measurements in the morning!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Dear Hurricane Irene,

You make me angry. I live in NJ - used to be a nice, safe state... so far this year we've had tornadoes, aftershocks from earthquakes, and a hurricane. NJ residents are not used to these natural phenomena... please be kind to us for a while!

Sincerely,
    Me
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    CW: 291.6 (So close to the 280's :happy: )
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Dear Hurricane Irene,

You make me angry. I live in NJ - used to be a nice, safe state... so far this year we've had tornadoes, aftershocks from earthquakes, and a hurricane. NJ residents are not used to these natural phenomena... please be kind to us for a while!

Sincerely,
    Me
    wish I could grant you that wish. In all my life growing up we have never even thought of those types of phenomenem. The other day we had a ttornado watch! Shocking! Luckily it never hit here. Wish I could say the same for others. This climate change is unbelievable. I will have to be honest, I don't watch the news because I find it is always bad news. However, even I heard of the damage that Irene is creating.
  • cohawk11
    cohawk11 Posts: 69
    Options
    CW: 136.5

Bust: 35
    Waist: 31.5
    Arms: 12
    Thighs: 23

Well, the scale and measurements prove that I have not been dedicating myself to this challenge like I should. Not going to make excuses, just going to work harder!

The parents of one of my friends started working out at my gym recently. They are such an inspiration...Ed was very overweight and through diet and exercise, has lost 50 lbs in the past 3 months! I saw him the other day, after not seeing him for about 2 months, and told him how AMAZING he looks and that I know how proud his wife and daughter are of him! He was really beaming and I could tell how proud of himself he was, too! :bigsmile:

I hope everyone in Irene's path is OK!!! Best wishes to all for a wonderful week ahead! :flowerforyou:
  • liz4214
    liz4214 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    check-in :)

CW: 282
    Bust: 43
    Waist: 51
    Hips: 52
    Arms: 17
    Thighs: 30
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was walking my dog and an elderly lady was sitting out in her front yard. I told her I thought her yard always looked so nice. She thanked me and told me she just had a hip replacement and was not able to work on it much anymore, her husband and son were doing most of the work. We chatted for several minutes and I heard all about her grandchildren and children. It was such a pleasant little break in my walk, and she really enjoyed a short visit.
    Still have a 15more kick pleas to do but they will be done before long.
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My measurements:

bust: 46.5
    waist: 48
    hips: 52
    arms: 15
    thighs: 28
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I made Bourbon Chicken for dinner last night. I put it into the recipes and it came up to 270 calories. It was very good. a low calorie chinese dish and easy to make.

bourbon chicken

IngredientsView in Metric 2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut in bite-size pieces 1/4 c. apple juice
    1 - 2 T. olive oil 1/3 c. light brown sugar
    Sauce: 2 T. ketchup
    1 garlic clove crushed 1/2 T. cider vinegar
    1/4 t. ginger 1/2 c. water
    1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes 1/3 c. soy sauce
    Preparation
    1. Heat oil in large skillet.

2. Add chicken pieces; stir-fry until lightly browned.

3. Remove chicken.

4. Mix together remaining ingredients; stir into skillet and heat

over medium heat until well mixed and sugar is dissolved.

5. Return chicken to skillet and bring to a hard boil.

6. Reduce heat to slow simmer and cook approx. 20 min. or

until chicken is tender.

7. If necessary, thicken sauce with slurry of 3/4 T. cornstarch

and 3/4 T. water.

7. Serve over hot rice and ENJOY!!!!!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    cw: 199:bigsmile:

Bust: 44
    Waist: 42
    Hips: 48.5
    Thigh: 26.5

All challenges met for the week except I am 15 plie kicks short which will be completed in the morning.:heart:

Congrats getting out the 200's!!!!! Great Job
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Thanks PositivePower!! I think you are living up to your name! It feels good to see that digit move down.
  • woodyschic
    Options
    Here are my measurements for this time and last...

CURRENT 7/25
    Bust 41 44
    Waist 35 36
    Hips 46 48
    Thigh 23.5 24
    Arm 11.5 12