I would like to lose 10 lbs in 8 days

Any suggestions? I am so behind in my weight loss I have been jogging and walking and doing zumba, granted I eat alot of healthy and unhealthy food (really cutting back though) but I am tired of losing less than 1 lb a week.

Also, My grandma's 100th birthday celebration is on the 3rd of September and I want to fit into my size 14 dress.

Replies

• bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Why??? Is there some event?
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Um, short of cutting off a limb, I don't think it can be done in a healthy way. Someone else may have an answer, but 1-2 pounds a week loss is normal and healthy.
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    If you lose 10lbs in 8 days you will likely gain it all back... any rapid weight loss like that on your system is not healthy at all.... and anything that promises you can lose 10lbs in 8 days I gaurantee you isn't healthy on your system! Watch what you're eating, stay at your calorie goal....are you eating back your calories? If you're not then your body can go into starvation mode, so make sure you eat back at least some of your exercise calories... drink lots of water....and then see if that makes any kind of difference! G'luck hun!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    dont eat? lol try atkins
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Why??? Is there some event?

Yes we are celebrating my grandma's 100th birthday! It's a big deal and I want to feel comfortable in my dress.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Don't do that. Also, if you do lose 10 pounds it will be completely water weight and very likely is not going to change what size you are at all.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Any suggestions? I am so behind in my weight loss I have been jogging and walking and doing zumba, granted I eat alot of healthy and unhealthy food (really cutting back though) but I am tired of losing less than 1 lb a week.

Also, My grandma's 100th birthday celebration is on the 3rd of September and I want to fit into my size 14 dress.

...and I would like a million dollars....oh sorry I thought we were wishing for things that didn't have much hope in hell of happening. As for the size 14, if you work out like crazy you might lose up to 3 lbs and then some spanks may be able to do the rest. Good luck.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    well... you *could* but it means a crap load of work...and if you have the tools.
    my program turbo fire has the five day inferno which is 5 days of hellish workouts and a meal plan fixed to acheive great results. The book says dont do it often and only like if you need to look good for a beach weekend or something lol! Its not the healthiest way but it does work....
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Um, short of cutting off a limb, I don't think it can be done in a healthy way. Someone else may have an answer, but 1-2 pounds a week loss is normal and healthy.

That was gonna be my suggestion. You can also go on a Magnesium Citrate diet for the next 8 days. Let us know how it comes out for you...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Short of starving yourself, it's not going to happen.. the most that recommended to lose a week is 2 pounds, unless you have a lot of weight to lose.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Not healthily...and you'll gain it all back.

10lbs in a month is more realistic.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I would go with amputation.... a human head is about 10lbs... and you don't need to worry about a dress then.

Maybe just ankles down would work too... no need for shoe shopping!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Just sayin, as I've said before, I'd drink pee for a week if it meant fitting into THEE dress :)

But really, you may have to drink pee to lose 10 lbs this week. You probably can with some of the products out there, but it will likely come back. If the dress is all you care about though... it can be done.
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    I'd like to lose 115 lbs in 3 days :( If you're extremely overweight like I am and you are just starting, it's possible to lose 10 lbs of water weight, but it comes right back once you start rehydrating.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    go get a new dress that you feel comfortable in NOW

then get into a routine of eating healthy and being active...the 10 lbs will come off but not in 8 days.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    I would like to lose 10 lbs in 8 days too but then I wake up. It's too much too soon. But hey maybe that's just me. Good luck.
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    loosing weight that fast is only water weight and will most likely not have a big enough effect to lose inches
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    stop eating. Start smoking. Start taking caffeine pills. Start drinking lots of sugar free energy drinks. Start exercising, now! haha 10 lbs in 8 days is asking to do it unhealthy... follow the above directions :P
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    If you lose 10lbs in 8 days you will likely gain it all back... any rapid weight loss like that on your system is not healthy at all.... and anything that promises you can lose 10lbs in 8 days I gaurantee you isn't healthy on your system! Watch what you're eating, stay at your calorie goal....are you eating back your calories? If you're not then your body can go into starvation mode, so make sure you eat back at least some of your exercise calories... drink lots of water....and then see if that makes any kind of difference! G'luck hun!

I definitely eat back my calories and then some sometimes, I'm not doing too well with the water so I will increase the water and this week I hope to stay off any junk food, I usually have a taste or else it will be worse if I don't.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Just sayin, as I've said before, I'd drink pee for a week if it meant fitting into THEE dress :)

Gross.