I would like to lose 10 lbs in 8 days

Options

Replies

• brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    well... you *could* but it means a crap load of work...and if you have the tools.
    my program turbo fire has the five day inferno which is 5 days of hellish workouts and a meal plan fixed to acheive great results. The book says dont do it often and only like if you need to look good for a beach weekend or something lol! Its not the healthiest way but it does work....

I did a modified version of this once. I didn't lose 10 pounds in a week (but 3, which is a lot !), but certainly "deflated" a lot and was noticably thinner by the time I was done :) I think it's worth trying for a special event, but it requires a lot of dedication in preparing all your meals and a whole lot of sweat !

I know just readin throught the guide for the inferno is crazy! I may try it for next summer's beach trip...but I plan on getting into the best shape possible the right way before I resort to extremem measures...its a year away!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions? I am so behind in my weight loss I have been jogging and walking and doing zumba, granted I eat alot of healthy and unhealthy food (really cutting back though) but I am tired of losing less than 1 lb a week.

Also, My grandma's 100th birthday celebration is on the 3rd of September and I want to fit into my size 14 dress.

Tell granny I said happy birthday!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I undersand guys, I was just frustrated and venting but I appreciate the slap in the face to snap out of it. I guess a new dress it is and the spanks ( I will be so hot since it gets up to 120 degrees in Mexicali ) I will do the healthiest things this week and hopefully I will lose more than a pound or two.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Body shaper or spanks. Get a new dress the fits more comfortably therefor it will be more flattering. Eat healthy, hydrate and work out for the next 8 days - NO you won't loose 8 lbs, but you'll be the best you can be which will make you feel more confident. Confidence is attractive. AND.......resolve to make a new start today. There is always a event around the corner to motivate you BUT...you want to look good and feel good for life. Best advice I have for you. It didn't take 8 days to gain the weight, it won't take 8 days to loose it.
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    Any suggestions? I am so behind in my weight loss I have been jogging and walking and doing zumba, granted I eat alot of healthy and unhealthy food (really cutting back though) but I am tired of losing less than 1 lb a week.

Also, My grandma's 100th birthday celebration is on the 3rd of September and I want to fit into my size 14 dress.

Do the wrestler's make weight diet

Step 1) Buy a jump rope, and a ton of saran wrap
    Step 2) Go home. Turn on the shower, hot.
    Step 3) close the bathroom door, put a towel at the bottom to keep the steam & heat in
    Step 4) wrap yourself from head to toe in the saran wrap. Try to leave a hole to breathe out of
    Step 5) cover your saran-wrapped self in sweat gear
    Step 6) Jump rope until you pass out

Hopefully you get to skip Step 7) Have a stroke and die.
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you lose 10lbs in 8 days you will likely gain it all back... any rapid weight loss like that on your system is not healthy at all.... and anything that promises you can lose 10lbs in 8 days I gaurantee you isn't healthy on your system! Watch what you're eating, stay at your calorie goal....are you eating back your calories? If you're not then your body can go into starvation mode, so make sure you eat back at least some of your exercise calories... drink lots of water....and then see if that makes any kind of difference! G'luck hun!

I definitely eat back my calories and then some sometimes, I'm not doing too well with the water so I will increase the water and this week I hope to stay off any junk food, I usually have a taste or else it will be worse if I don't.

You are wanting a solution to a problem in an unrealistic timeframe! You need to think long term rather than short term. If you really want to lose weight / be slimmer, you need to change your mindset....and ALSO your eating habits. Make a commitment and cut out ALL the junk food that your body is craving. Give your body a rest from the processed, high fat and sugar rich foods, and give it clean foods full of energy.

Losing weight is a lifestyle change....not something that can be achieved in a week....
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    How about you buy a nice dress in your current size, wear some pretty jewellery & a big smile? I'm sure you will look fabulous. And then, in a few more weeks, after sticking to your exercise & eating healthily, you will lose that 10lb & then you will have some other event. There's always something on, birthdays happen every year, and then you will be able to buy another nice dress in a smaller size - and look hot yet again.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    go get a new dress that you feel comfortable in NOW

then get into a routine of eating healthy and being active...the 10 lbs will come off but not in 8 days.

Amen.
  • caroln3
    Options
    I hear slapping your chest as you try to lick your ear is a great cardio workout to burn calories quick. The trick is to slap as hard as you can in order to get more whip action. When you can successfully lick your earlobe, you've lost 10 pounds in 8 days.

lmao!! thanks!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one else would drink pee with me

:devil:
  • mudbug84
    Options
    I once replaced 2 out of 3 meals with Biopharma Nano (greens, omega and protein) nutritional drink and lost 7 pounds in 4 days. That's it. I felt SO GOOD and had a ton of energy. I would do that again, but I've plateaued after I lost 20 lbs, and so I now have a trainer that has me eating like a man.
  • caroln3
    Options

Do the wrestler's make weight diet

Step 1) Buy a jump rope, and a ton of saran wrap
    Step 2) Go home. Turn on the shower, hot.
    Step 3) close the bathroom door, put a towel at the bottom to keep the steam & heat in
    Step 4) wrap yourself from head to toe in the saran wrap. Try to leave a hole to breathe out of
    Step 5) cover your saran-wrapped self in sweat gear
    Step 6) Jump rope until you pass out

Hopefully you get to skip Step 7) Have a stroke and die.

evil
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 15lbs by tomorrow.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I undersand guys, I was just frustrated and venting but I appreciate the slap in the face to snap out of it. I guess a new dress it is and the spanks ( I will be so hot since it gets up to 120 degrees in Mexicali ) I will do the healthiest things this week and hopefully I will lose more than a pound or two.
    I understand. It'll come off eventually hun. Just stick with it.
  • darrielirwin
    Options
    I lost 10lbs in 2 weeks (14 days), first 5 lbs was water weight the 2nd was by completely taking Gluten out of my diet. I did not do it on purpose, my doctor told me I needed to stop eating gluten (to see if it would solve another medical issue). It is HARD trust me.

It means NO WHEAT! Which means NO dressing for your salad (I did oil and balsamic vinegar). Most seasonings you can't eat either. Here is what a day in my life of no gluten was.

Breakfast:
    2 Eggs
    1/2 cup of milk
    Gluten free cheese (2 thin slices)

Lunch:
    Baby Spinach
    various raw green veggies
    15 baby carrots
    my home made dressing
    some sort of nut or chicken on top

Snack
    some sort of fruit

Dinner:
    Another small salad
    Chunk of meat (chicken, fish, ground beef etc)
    3 baby potoatoes
    I found some great corn pasta, and LOVE spaghetti squash.

I lost the weight and kept it off (I have been stuck at 23lbs lost for around a month), and I still do not each much gluten, and when I do, I didn't gain the weight back! I found some amazing corn pasta, which is what I eat now when I want pasta. I hardly ever have bread. But when I eat out, and throw some gluten into my diet, I haven't gained it back. I ended up doing 2 months 100% gluten free, and now I am about 75 or 80%.

Good luck!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't we all?
  • suzieb1971
    suzieb1971 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    thats a terrible idea. i have no idea of any way to do that, but if there were, it could never be anything close to being healthy!

dont be silly. if you want to lose weight, then great, but do it the right way. you are asking for trouble even thinking about finding a way to lose so much weight so quickly.
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    Why??? Is there some event?

Yes we are celebrating my grandma's 100th birthday! It's a big deal and I want to feel comfortable in my dress.

When it comes to events like these and you are short of time, adjust your clothes to fit you. Don't adjust yourself to the clothes. Healthy weight-loss is not a quick process, as much as I'd like it to be.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it hasn't been said yet...but take up crystal meth...problem solved! (assuming you don't mind losing a lot of teeth and having sores all over your body)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it hasn't been said yet...but take up crystal meth...problem solved! (assuming you don't mind losing a lot of teeth and having sores all over your body)

Now you're talking.