I would like to lose 10 lbs in 8 days

Options

Replies

• bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    Can't believe it hasn't been said yet...but take up crystal meth...problem solved! (assuming you don't mind losing a lot of teeth and having sores all over your body)

How about the fail-safe coffee and cigarettes diet?
    I'm kidding. Please don't do this.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it hasn't been said yet...but take up crystal meth...problem solved! (assuming you don't mind losing a lot of teeth and having sores all over your body)

ROFL!!!!!!! yes...all the meth heads I see on tv are skinny!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Eat Kentucky Fried Chicken and take Alli pills while working the shake weight.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    There is really not a healthy way to lose that much weight in just 8 days. At best you might be able to lose about 2 lbs if you give yourself a 1000 calorie deficit every day...and that's quite a big deficit.

If you're truly worried about fitting into your dress you could try to invest in some shapewear. There's stuff like Spanx that flattens your tummy. It's no weight loss miracle but nobody will be able to tell you're wearing it under your dress ;)
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one else would drink pee with me

:devil:

Before I commit...is it my pee or somebody elses?
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options

Tooth loss shouldn't occur during the first 8 days tho.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    Options

lol I said I would as long as I could chill it first.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

Excellent question.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Too late! There is no way to do this in a SAFE manner.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Eat Kentucky Fried Chicken and take Alli pills while working the shake weight.

OMG..Hilarious!!!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Why??? Is there some event?

Yes we are celebrating my grandma's 100th birthday! It's a big deal and I want to feel comfortable in my dress.

Oh come on! You wouldn't want to look better than Grandma on her 100th Birthday, would you? That's just rude!
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options

evil

True story, but we actually did that 25 years ago. Today, the NCAA and pretty much every other regulatory entity (AAU, HSAAs, etc) have made rules against the practice....due to the final step happening every once in a while.

I cant even begin to count how many times I dropped 6-10 pounds in an hour or so to make weight by an ounce, then go eat & drink water and be 15 pounds over before I walked out on the mat.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Just sayin, as I've said before, I'd drink pee for a week if it meant fitting into THEE dress :)

But really, you may have to drink pee to lose 10 lbs this week. You probably can with some of the products out there, but it will likely come back. If the dress is all you care about though... it can be done.

Make sure it's from a pregnant lady, though.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    Options

evil

True story, but we actually did that 25 years ago. Today, the NCAA and pretty much every other regulatory entity (AAU, HSAAs, etc) have made rules against the practice....due to the final step happening every once in a while.

I cant even begin to count how many times I dropped 6-10 pounds in an hour or so to make weight by an ounce, then go eat & drink water and be 15 pounds over before I walked out on the mat.

St. Pierre does that now. He drops 20+ pounds in a day to weigh in then puts it all back on by fight time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Figure this out mathematically: 10lbs (if it were all fat) would be the loss of 35,000 calories in 8 days. That's burning 4,375 a day ON TOP OF what you already burn. You would have to workout for about 6 1/2 hours with a burn of 500 calories per hour to reach that.
    Hate to tell you that I don't think it's gonna happen.

If it did, it ain't fat you lost, but just water and you'll gain it all back again once you drink up.

Not to mention you're gonna eat at that party, so that dress will even fit tighter.

Tough Love solution: forget about the dress. It's more IMPORTANT to focus on your grandmother and enjoy it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    OH and Windex.
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I lost 10lbs in 2 weeks (14 days), first 5 lbs was water weight the 2nd was by completely taking Gluten out of my diet. I did not do it on purpose, my doctor told me I needed to stop eating gluten (to see if it would solve another medical issue). It is HARD trust me.

It means NO WHEAT! Which means NO dressing for your salad (I did oil and balsamic vinegar). Most seasonings you can't eat either. Here is what a day in my life of no gluten was.

Breakfast:
    2 Eggs
    1/2 cup of milk
    Gluten free cheese (2 thin slices)

Lunch:
    Baby Spinach
    various raw green veggies
    15 baby carrots
    my home made dressing
    some sort of nut or chicken on top

Snack
    some sort of fruit

Dinner:
    Another small salad
    Chunk of meat (chicken, fish, ground beef etc)
    3 baby potoatoes
    I found some great corn pasta, and LOVE spaghetti squash.

I lost the weight and kept it off (I have been stuck at 23lbs lost for around a month), and I still do not each much gluten, and when I do, I didn't gain the weight back! I found some amazing corn pasta, which is what I eat now when I want pasta. I hardly ever have bread. But when I eat out, and throw some gluten into my diet, I haven't gained it back. I ended up doing 2 months 100% gluten free, and now I am about 75 or 80%.

Good luck!

Thanks I will try to take some wheat out of my diet, I think I am addicted to it, well carbs anyway.
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options

St. Pierre does that now. He drops 20+ pounds in a day to weigh in then puts it all back on by fight time.

Not surprising. They cheat though, pros get to weigh in a day or so before the fight. Real men weigh in 20 minutes before they compete.*

*sarcasm, obviously.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Excellent question.

It must be the pee of a pregnant virgin in order to work. And that certainly is not me...
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I guess if the biggest loser has an opening for week 1... ?
    :)