Do you get mistaken for looking older or younger than you re

Options

Replies

• LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I am 45 years old, I got carded last year!! Made my day/week/year :D My husband is 2 years younger than me, he NEVER gets carded, hasn't for 20 years. People don't believe him when he tells them I am older than him...good ego booster for me anyway ;)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    With the amount of gray hair I have...I'm not foolin' anyone really lol :indifferent:

there are products for that. :happy:

Yeah but it's all good...most women say it looks good so I can live with it. lol...here I'll flip my profile pic so you can see...

Yeah, why is it that men always look "distinguished" and women just look old? Not fair! :ohwell:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I used to get told I looked older - when I was about 13-16. Now I always get told I look 17 and I'm 22.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    clean shaven .. people guess I am younger

scruffy .. people guess I am younger, but not by as much.

So, I'm guessing you're the one on the right. :happy:
  • whispiri
    whispiri Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I offered a few weeks ago to walk the local parade for our place of work. I offered to bring my daughter and husband. The volunteer coordinator asked how old my daughter was and when I replied that she was 15 she couldn't believe it. She said she thought I would be pushing a baby stroller. Then I told her I had a twenty year old.......she could not believe that.

It's been like that for years. When I was twenty-two with a sick baby in the hospital years ago, I was mistaken for a sixteen year old mom by the pediatrician until his co-worker gave him a rude awakening (the co-worker knew my parents, lol). I guess it is just genetic in my family.

But I cannot say I have ever been carded.....disappointing! I spent many a night in the bar at age 17 (not drinking) just for the thrill of trying to get away with getting into the bar. And when I turned 19 (drinking age in Saskatchewan, Canada), I still never ever was carded......maybe it was because my hubby is quite a bit older than me and I was usually with him, LOL!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    younger... get carded periodically too! :-)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Half of the people who meet me wonder if I should be 'skipping school' (high school)

and the other half decide that I look 'over 40' so they don't card me for alcohol

I really don't know what to think. I'll be 26 soon. I am just baffled.

As a clerk in a store that sells alcohol, sometimes we just get lazy and don't card you as long as you look old enough, whether or not you look 'over 40'. Especially if we know you, and especially if there's no one else paying attention. I've even seen liquor stores do that.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    These stories remind me of a time I came home from doing Bike NY in my late 20's. I was on the subway with my bike, in my T-shirt and shorts (nothing fancy). An older (elderly?) lady thought I was in Jr. High School and no matter how hard I tried, I could not convince her otherwise!!

Now, most people guess my age, which is only about 10 years older. I'm starting to miss the compliments of being confused for a much younger person. LOL.
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and still get asked for ID to see 15+ movies at the cinema :p
  • KLRed04
    KLRed04 Posts: 5
    Options
    some of these made me LOL :)

I'm 33 almost 34 and I often get a shocked reaction from people and mainly really young people which is such a nice feeling cant say that about the shape my body is in though, that would get mistaken for a 60 year old..........but I'm working on that ;)
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I get told I look younger, I'm 30 and I have been told a few times I look early to mid twenties. That was before I lost weight though, when I had a pudgy wee baby face!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't often announce my age, but word got around that I was hitting 50 in July, and I had lots of people who were really surprised, thinking I was in my late 30s or early 40s. I'm hoping that as the weight comes off, I'll start feeling as young as people think I look. It would be great to have someone think I am my daughter's sister...
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    When I was 11, I looked 16. At sixteen, I looked 18. At 21, I looked 16.

I have continued to look younger than my age, but now that I have a child people have started guessing a little bit older. I think they are trying to figure in social things rather than just look at me, though. Anyway, once I lose the weight I want to, I fully expect to look 25 again.

I'm actually 30.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I've never gotten carded and it's really disappointing. I was super excited to buy my first lottery ticket on my 18th birthday and go to the liquor store on my 21st and get carded but it never happened.
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    Ever since I was 12 people have told me I look older....I remember when I went on vacation once with my mom and cousin when I was 12 I had like 18 year old boys trying to flirt with me & my mom was having a heart attack....But now I think make up has a lot to do with it!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    younger erryone always thinks my daughters are my sisters
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Still get carded & I'm 34. Quite annoying actually! On my 18th birthday, I was told that I couldn't be any older than 14. On my 21st, it was 15 or 16. On my 31st, it was 19 or 20. If I let my grey hair grow out then not so much (started going grey at 14!), keep it colored I have to keep my I.D. ready!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I always get that I am older, but being 21 it is more how I carry myself I think, I have always acted mature. The funny thing is I constantly get mistaken for working in various stores. It seriously happens all the time. I don't know what it is.

When i was 14 I babysat 2 kids and took them to the park, moms would not let their kids play with us because they though I was a teen mom. Really?
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    <
    59 yr ol gramma of two. And yep...that is a current picture. I think it's Swedish Genes...Certainly not "christian living"...BAHAHAHAH!!!!!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    im 19 but have been asked recently if i was 16 :/ lame