Do you get mistaken for looking older or younger than you re

Options

Replies

• calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and am mistaken for 14-17. I hope it stays that way when I'm in my 40s!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Love this! I'm 35, but most people guess 27. My husband is 10 years older than I am, I'm sure that helps. :tongue:
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I don't get carded much anymore, which makes me sad! :grumble: I think that I pretty much look my age, which is 26.
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I still get carded at age 42, and people think my 39-year-old brother & 36 year-old sister are older than me. I coach little league & the parents always think I'm around 30. It's ironic because I always looked older than I was growing up & always scored beer for parties when I was 15 & 16. Maybe it's the spiky dyed-platinum hair...
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    With the amount of gray hair I have...I'm not foolin' anyone really lol :indifferent:

LMAO!!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    People are always surprised to hear I'm only 24, especially when I'm with my 42 year old mother who looks 30. We get called sisters often. I think my weight and lack of self-esteem made me look older, that is slowly improving. :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    So yesterday while instructing Power X (boot camp type class) some of the whiners said "you don't do the class with us like some other instructors." My reply was that this is their workout and not mine and I'm here to work you and not myself. "Excuses. You're probably out of shape!" said one of the 30 year olds in the class. So I told him I'll run Tabata with him at the end. Needless to say he got dusted (I ended up lapping him in our indoor track) and he commented on how fast I was on the sprints. He did better than most everyone else so he was really proud.
    He said "Not bad for me being a 35 year old, huh?" When I told him I was 47, his jaw dropped and now I have him as a new client.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I do have people tell me I look younger than I am! At 53, it's really nice to hear!!!
  • jendra11339
    Options
    My family went out to dinner for my dad's birthday. The waiter asked my mother if I was under 13. I was 24.
    People generally think I am younger than I am, but that waiter was way off.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im getting carded ALL the time now. Love it. I think Ive lost a few years for sure.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I was often mistaken for being in my 20's.

I'm 21 and get mistaken from 13-21 years old now. ^.^

I've never been carded for seeing a movie btw. Maybe because I live in such a liberal town...I hope. o_o
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    some dude at the mall the other day was like, 'hey shouldnt you be starting school soon'. i was like wtf..he said ya you cant be but 14-15. i was like, no 34, and what the heck are you doing trying to chat up a 15 yr old anyways.
  • JCubbins
    JCubbins Posts: 92
    Options
    It goes both ways in my case:
    Once I was mistaken for a 12-year-old. I was 15 then, so let's say no big deal -.-
    But last year I was in Egypt with my dad and most of the people we met there thought I AM HIS WIFE.
    The same happened when we went to a gardening store. The guy asked us: "So, when are ya gonna have babies?"
    UGH, I hate that.
    I'm 16 and I look very much like my dad. Logically speaking, which wife looks like a younger version of her husband?! WTF?!?
  • baptistgirl23
    baptistgirl23 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    People always assume I'm b/t 22-24 and are shocked when I tell them I'm 34. I taught at a high school a few years ago and all the kids thought I was a new student! Woo-hoo!! It is strange how it happened even at my heaviest weight. ;o)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i used to get people saying i looked younger, but not so much anymore. bah
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm 33. I'm always guessed younger. I don't get guessed into my early 20s as much anymore, but mid to late 20s is common. I was at university for the past few years and no one could believe I was in my 30s with 2 adolescent/pre-adolescent kids.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Nobody believed my age until I grew out the hair dye :laugh:
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I am telling people i'm graduating this year and they keep asking me what high school. (i'll be finishing my masters at 26 darn it!!!)
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Well, at ages 12-14, I kept getting hit on by guys aged, like, 15-19. They weren't trying to be creepy, they just thought I was older, but it sorta freaked me out.
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    People often tell me I look younger than my age, but I once played "fool the guesser" at an amusement park and he guessed me right on. I probably look my age, technically, but I think a lot of people think 42 is old and decrepit. :P