Do you get mistaken for looking older or younger than you re

Options

Replies

• Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Once, when I was about 23, I opened the door to a salesman who asked me if my mum or dad were home. It was funny to watch him squirm when I told him I was the homeowner :D
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    I get told that I look 26 when I'm actually 36. I have worked for a dermatology office since I was 20 and learned early how the sun ages you. So I have basically been hiding from the sun for the past 16 years. My daughter, who is 19, also works for my office now. When people hear her call me mom, they are shocked. They usually think we are sisters. =)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    With the amount of gray hair I have...I'm not foolin' anyone really lol :indifferent:
    there are products for that. :happy:
    Yeah but it's all good...most women say it looks good so I can live with it. lol...here I'll flip my profile pic so you can see...
    Yeah, why is it that men always look "distinguished" and women just look old? Not fair! :ohwell:
    I was a bottle-blond (thank your L'Oreal :laugh: ) up till I was 40 then I decided enough is enough. Funnily even with white hair folks said I looked younger :wink:

Last year, however, the hubby and I were in Edinburgh and we were offered Senior rates on the sightseeing bus :laugh: Hey, we got a discount... what me worry!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and people are constantly telling me I look like I'm in my early to mid 20s.... Some guy even told me the other day that I looked 27 MAX.... ;-)

I am blessed with great genes AND I started using anti aging moisturizers in my late 20s...PREVENTION is key....I also don't smoke, I use sunscreen and I don't TAN....NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING ages you MORE than tanning....I soooo don't wanna look like a worn wrinkled handbag! I also drink a lot of water.

YAY for looking younger!
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    I get mistaken for younger..my X always hated it because he was younger than me and wouldn't get carded and I would. I find I like it the older I get because it's flattering that I must be doing something right. Actually got turned down for a job once because they decided my young looks would be a problem.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Younger.. i have a "baby face" so people always assume i'm 24-25. Flattering of course!

Once I was like 23-24 and I answered the door in a tshirt half asleep to the electric man. He kept looking away and asked "may I speak to your parents?" Hahaha I was like I AM the woman of this house!
  • Dylanzmom
    Dylanzmom Posts: 120
    Options
    One time I was visiting a high school for my job and while waiting in the office, a teacher comes up to me and says "excuse me ma'am but who said you can wear jeans?" I looked at her and said it's casual Friday of course I can wear jeans. She started telling me "ma'am while you are a student here" I just looked at her and started laughing and showed her my work badge. Of course she apologized and told me she thought I was only 16. ( i was 24)
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    ha people think I'm 16! When I first started dating my fiance my friend came up to me and said "isn't he a little old for you?" She thought he was 30 when he was only 19!! Poor guy! But I really HATE being carded and whenever they look at my lisence they say "Oh I thought you were (insert age here)" :explode:
  • JustSheri
    Options
    Noone ever guesses that I am 36. they always think I am younger. Which I really LIKE!!!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I get mistaken for younger all the time… So many people have been shocked after hearing my daughter call me mom thinking that I was her sister….. lol
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I work for a medical spa. It sure is tempting to get them to lift up my face, eyebrows, plump up my lips, etc. I feel so old when I look in the mirror.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Someone on campus yesterday asked me if I wanted to join a sorority. Yeah, I'm a 31 year old mother of 3.... Not all that interested.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I usually get younger.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Well I'm already 32 and been working for 11 years & graduated 11 years ago but people think that I'm only 20 and still studying.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Did you know that you can be carded to see a PG-13 movie if you don't look 13? Yeah, now I know. Some d-bag box office associate seriously wanted to card me to see a PG-13 movie...I was 25. The kid was probably 15 himself. I was also walking past a middle school once on my lunchbreak walk and was stopped by security....they thought I was a student trying to skip class! Apparently, I look like a 12-13 year old...double D's and all!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    People never believe I am 32. I still get carded all the time. In fact one time I wanted to buy a scratch off from the gas station and the lady asked me for an ID and my first reaction was like "huh? Are you serious?" and she said "yes". I proceeded to ask her how old she thought I was, and she said 14-15? I was like WOW..... Yeah no, lol. I showed her my ID and she wa slike "OMFG, no way". I was 27 at the time, rofl.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I teach high school. If I'm sitting down with the kids, and someone comes in, they can never find me. They look all over for the teacher. I say, "Shhhhh...someone's looking for me. Don't tell them where I'm at. Maybe they'll go away." Works every time. I think I look my age...but I'm constantly carded, unless I have my kids with me. But drinking in the bars with your kids is frowned upon, so I rarely do that. Only when I can't find a sitter. (And because I apparently am going to have to add this because SOMEONE will take me seriously - I'M JOKING. I never take my kids in the bar with me.)
  • Dylanzmom
    Dylanzmom Posts: 120
    Options
    I teach high school. If I'm sitting down with the kids, and someone comes in, they can never find me. They look all over for the teacher. I say, "Shhhhh...someone's looking for me. Don't tell them where I'm at. Maybe they'll go away." Works every time. I think I look my age...but I'm constantly carded, unless I have my kids with me. But drinking in the bars with your kids is frowned upon, so I rarely do that. Only when I can't find a sitter. (And because I apparently am going to have to add this because SOMEONE will take me seriously - I'M JOKING. I never take my kids in the bar with me.)

Lmao you could just leave your kids outside with the homeless guy. Lol sadly I know for a fact it has been done
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Younger. Much, much younger. At least now I don't have to show credit cards and other forms of identification along with my id to get alcohol. Most people think low to mid 20s and I am 35.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    I'm in my early 30's but when people meet me then find out my age, they're pretty suprised. They usually tell me they thought i was in the mid almost late 20's..... which i have noooo problem with!! Part of that mite be the fact my hubby is 5yrs younger then me :bigsmile: and i have great skin.