Where'd all the support go?

Options
124»

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

(That wasn't rude, by the way. That was passive aggressive/sarcastic)

And you somehow think that makes you better than people who are straight-up rude? Someone really needs to call you a whaaaambulance.

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Oh, that made me lol!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Not everyone farts rainbows, so don't even find beauty in them :)

lol wtf... google much?

Fart rainbows much? :happy:

!?!?!? NEVER

Well sorry to hear that :flowerforyou:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the phrase: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" isn't taught to children any more.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I learned a LONG time ago and perhaps it is something that you should learn since you're young (Hell, when did I get so old?)...

We choose how we react to how people treat us. We can sit and wallow and pity or we can move on. We can dwell or we can tell ourselves "Y'know what? That person is WRONG about me. I am not xyz. I am abc." We choose our reactions to others and to give them a reaction that they want, then they've won and you might as well just give up right then and there.

This is definitely a lesson I need to learn, I am entirely too proud I think.
    There is definitely some self-awareness and humility in you, which I respect. Having those characteristics so young will serve you well. Hold onto that.

HOWEVER....
    Are you a channer? If not just ignore I ever said anything and move on, because I probably look crazy. O.O
    Did you really throw out a 4chan reference in a thread you started about how people are MEAN?

Not all channers are mean! Trolls are mean, but they are also not to be taken seriously...
    which I guess could be applied to what I was talking about in the first place.

You just indirectly taught me a lesson. That was weird. Thanks!

And humility is one of the traits I think is most important in people, so I try to do the best I can!
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I'm guessing the phrase: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" isn't taught to children any more.

1. I am not a child
    2. I think words hurt more than anything.

You could push me around, kick me in the face, break my legs and cut me open- my body might be broken, but my mind would still be fully in tact.

But call me names, tell me I'm not good enough, insult my intelligence, treat me like I'm worth nothing more than the gum on your shoe? That doesn't leave a person.

Bruises, cuts and scrapes will heal.
    Confidence is something hard to come by- and easily shattered.

I wrote an essay on this exact topic and won a scholarship for it, haha. So I just had to reply.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

1. I am not a child

You could push me around, kick me in the face, break my legs and cut me open- my body might be broken, but my mind would still be fully in tact.

But call me names, tell me I'm not good enough, insult my intelligence, treat me like I'm worth nothing more than the gum on your shoe? That doesn't leave a person.

I wrote an essay on this exact topic and won a scholarship for it, haha. So I just had to reply.

1. You are a child until you're paying your own bills and no longer depending on your parents, for anything.
    2. The "moral" of the story is toughen up. Let more roll off your back.

If you want to talk about being treated like less than nothing than we'll talk, one-on-one, I know that better than most, and ya know what I said/did? I got over it. I knew and f.uck whatever they think or say because I know. Don't let what people on the Internet dictate how you feel about yourself.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

1. I am not a child

1. You are a child until you're paying your own bills and no longer depending on your parents, for anything.
    2. The "moral" of the story is toughen up. Let more roll off your back.

If you want to talk about being treated like less than nothing than we'll talk, one-on-one, I know that better than most, and ya know what I said/did? I got over it. I knew and f.uck whatever they think or say because I know. Don't let what people on the Internet dictate how you feel about yourself.

Oh. My. Grief.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    And on that note:
    GunnyErmey1-1.jpg
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    If you need a person as a friend on here that does not judge, please feel free to add me. As far as I am concerned, I am doing this for me and no one else.

I totally feel the same way. I am here to support, motivate and also be supported and motivated. I don't mind a little constructive critizism (spelling is probably wrong) but there is never a reason for anyone to be rude about anything on here. Also, I do not go for filthy language. I have deleted a couple of friends on here that have put rotten words in their posts.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am locking this thread. There is no positive aspect to it, and it has quickly degraded to profanity and name calling.

It is suggested that all members read the rules PRIOR to using these free forums!

This is how Mike starts his rules thread:

"The following rules have been established to help maintain a civil and friendly environment, allowing everyone to enjoy the discussions found here."

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

5) Topics which are started with the intent to denigrate, belittle, or disparage another MyFitnessPal member, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. Such topics will be instantly deleted and may result in the banning of the original poster. This includes following another poster around in the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, spreading gossip or rumors, posting email exchanges between users, etc. Keep the drama off the forums!

I love the last line!

We are all here to get healthier. Find a group that has the same views as you for support, read a few that don't to learn, and ignore the rest.

Have a great MFP Day!!:flowerforyou:
    Arewethereyet
    Volunteer MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.