The Diamond Challenge: Round 5 - Town Hall Meeting!

Options

Replies

• blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    QOTD: What is your first memory of being very excited.

it was when my parents bought me a magenta (or it could have been hot pink) bike. we lived in a corner house at the time. i remember sitting on the porch steps as my dad put on the training wheels. i think i was wearing white pants, lol. how funny. i hadn't thought about that day in a long time. i remember being super impatient and telling to hurry up. all the excitement was way before the fear kicked in of course :)
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....I am going to have to think about this one.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I drank too much in college and can't really remember stuff like that before High School. But when I was in 7th grade I went to Space Camp. I saved up for over a year to go with babysitting money and what not. I was so excited to go and it was the greatest experience as a kid. I wanted to be an astronaut all the way up until Chemistry in college and then realized it wasn't for me! :)
    I'm totally with you! I can't seam to remember much from my childhood either... I remember general ideas but not the specific details:ohwell: :drinker:

Ditto here, I dont' remember crappitycrap from my childhood...or even hs....and college barely. And I'm only 29. I just have a bad memory for events but a good memory for data.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I don't know! Like any kid, I was excited about Christmas. My parents always made a really big deal of it. We would bake cookies for Santa, and sometimes we left carrots for the reindeer. I was told later that Dad would get his boots and track them through the soot in the fireplace to make it look like Santa had gotten his boots dirty when he landed in the fireplace and tracked it. And, because I always had a REALLY hard time waiting for everyone to get up to open presents, Santa always left me one unwrapped stuffed animal that was waiting for me as soon as I peaked into see the presents.
  • mom715of2
    Options
    QOTD: My first time I can really remember being excited I was 7 or 8 maybe even 9. We were at my Grandmas for Thanksgiving dinner and ALL my cousins were there (we didnt get to see each other much & when we did it wasn't all of us). We were all playing when the adults told us we were ALL going to Disney world together the next day. We had soo much fun!! But the time I was REALLY excited was when my parents told me they were going to have a baby. My brother and I are 13 months apart and I dreamed and wished for a baby sister and on Jan 14th ( I was 11) my baby sister was born!! I was so excited I was shaking all over! Now I am blessed with 1 brother and 3 sisters.
  • mom715of2
    Options
    Thats not dorky... Thats GREAT!!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I have an awful memory. I tell my patents they wasted time and money on me as a child because I can't recall anything. I remember being really excited when my mom finally gave in and said we could keep that cat I brought home.
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    QOTD: What is your first memory of being very excited?

Probably going to Disneyland when I was 5 and coming back and getting a Cabbage Patch doll for my birthday.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, I can't answer this there is nothing springing to mind at all, it's quite sad, but true.
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, I can't answer this there is nothing springing to mind at all, it's quite sad, but true.

Ha, I'm the same!! I have lots of childhood memories but nothing I can remember being really excited about :huh:
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Hey ladies, it doesn't have to be a childhood memory... just YOUR earliest memory (maybe you were an adult)! :-)
  • Rubyjjones
    Options

The first time I saw the beach!!!
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options

I can't really remember but I think it was Christmas and I used to believe that Santa drops by our window to leave us gifts. :p
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Mon 08/29/11 07:17 AMQOTD: What is your first memory of being very excited?

My very first memory, which is very hazy, but I remember it, was when I was taken from the children's home by a family and taken to Six Flags.
  • nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    First memory of being really excited was my first track and field day in Kindergarten! i was so excited and sad at the same time because my best friend was home with the chicken pox so every activity I did i asked for an extra ribbon for my friend and then after i went to her house and dropped off the ribbons and caught the chicken pox so so bad that I was sick for 2 weeks!
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options

My very first memory of being excited is winning my first science fair. I still get excited when learning about science. It is just so amazing. It is probably why I am a Clinical Lab Scientist, now...
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options

My first memory of being really excited was when I won a coloring contest at Publix and won a bunny shaped cake.
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

My first memory of being excited had to be getting my first cabbage patch doll for Christmas. During the summer, I went to a local flea market and my mom brought me one but it wasn't real but I still wanted her. Then for Christmas my mom surprised me with a real one named Abigail and brought me every Cabbage Patch doll that came out after that. My mom still has all of them to this day even the my fake one.
    [/quote]
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    So I've been thinking about this for a while. I don't have the best memory, and I feel so sad that I can't distinctly remember my first memory of excitement. But the first thing that came to mind, and still seems to be the leader is visiting my grandparents in Louisiana. I was born there but have lived in TN since I was one. But as kids we would always visit 1-2 times a year. I always loved going down there to visit my grandparents and other family members.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My first memory of being excited was when I was in highschool and was offered to represent our school and be an exchange student in Italy. I was only a month long program but it was awesome!!!