The September Move-It 360 minutes a week challenge

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Week of Sept 19:

Monday - 90 minutes (lots of walking, C25K w1)

So gave jogging a shot this afternoon when the rain yielded to sun. Leg feels ok, but that muscle feels a little stiff. Felt rather silly going all the way back to week 1 of the program, but I think jumping back to where I was 3 weeks ago would have been a terrible mistake. Depending on how the leg is tomorrow, Weds I'll either do another round of the w1 pattern, or move on to w2.

I'm planning on being around much more, Mollie! Glad you're here holding down the fort for us. I'm definitely aiming for 360 this week and have a good start at it.

Cool Nikkit321!! Good job on listening to your body too. When it whines you better listen.....:) I guess it is you and me this week even though I am getting off to a slow start! :flowerforyou:
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Week of Sept 19:

Tuesday - 50 minutes (Shred, walking)

How are you doing, Mollie? Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it you who started a new eating plan? If I'm right, how is it going, and what is the plan?
  • nikkit321
    Options
    Week of Sept 19:

Wednesday - 45 minutes (run/walk)

So, I'm annoyed. And frustrated. And irritated. With my leg. As of today, I'm back to walking. I ran D1 of C25K Monday and it went ok. Leg felt a little tired/stiff after, but ok, and yesterday I was fine. So this morning I tried jogging again mixed with lots of walking (only ran 12min total out of 45) and my leg is bothering me again. I started feeling it at the mile mark so walked home, and was in pain by the time I got back. Took 2 hours for it to go away after 2 Aleve. So I guess I'm back to walking for another month or so. Frustrating. I'm making an appointment w/ my favorite massage therapist friend so she can work on it. Annoyed that it just now occurred to me that she might be able to help me out. Told her I'm up for a full hour session, or 2 separate 30's, whichever she thinks is best.

Other than that, all is well. How are you Mollie?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Week of Sept 19:

So, I'm annoyed. And frustrated. And irritated. With my leg. As of today, I'm back to walking. I ran D1 of C25K Monday and it went ok. Leg felt a little tired/stiff after, but ok, and yesterday I was fine. So this morning I tried jogging again mixed with lots of walking (only ran 12min total out of 45) and my leg is bothering me again. I started feeling it at the mile mark so walked home, and was in pain by the time I got back. Took 2 hours for it to go away after 2 Aleve. So I guess I'm back to walking for another month or so. Frustrating. I'm making an appointment w/ my favorite massage therapist friend so she can work on it. Annoyed that it just now occurred to me that she might be able to help me out. Told her I'm up for a full hour session, or 2 separate 30's, whichever she thinks is best.

Other than that, all is well. How are you Mollie?

I am good, just getting a slow start this week :) Walking is good for you until your leg/knees heel. Just power walk and you will burn calories and less pain.:flowerforyou: Good job so far this week!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Goal 360 minutes week of 9/19/11:

Mon: rest day
    Tue: nada
    Wed: 30 min walk
    Thu: 30 min Leslie 2 mile DVD
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

:heart: 300 minutes left! :heart:
    [/quote]
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh....Niki and Mollie are totally holding up the thread

I just wanted to say that after nearly a year of running this thread, I am going to step down.

Mollie, you actually had good advice that I am going to use. You mentioned that you were not going to workout until you had the diet under control. I've taken that advice.

I decided that I am not going to exercise more so that I can eat and drink more. I just need to get one thing under control and let the other things fall into place.

I was starting to feel guilty about not being able to make the 360 a week and even more frustrated about not losing weight. I've realized that you can lose wieght without exercise, it just might take a little longer. I will still exercise; however, I want to find a pace I enjoy instead of forcing myself to meet goals.

YOU TWO ROCK!!!

Andrea, you are going to the hottest Mom around...good luck with the baby!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

I just wanted to say that after nearly a year of running this thread, I am going to step down.

Mollie, you actually had good advice that I am going to use. You mentioned that you were not going to workout until you had the diet under control. I've taken that advice.

I decided that I am not going to exercise more so that I can eat and drink more. I just need to get one thing under control and let the other things fall into place.

I was starting to feel guilty about not being able to make the 360 a week and even more frustrated about not losing weight. I've realized that you can lose wieght without exercise, it just might take a little longer. I will still exercise; however, I want to find a pace I enjoy instead of forcing myself to meet goals.

YOU TWO ROCK!!!

I so understand Kim!! Thanks for running the thread as long as you have. It has been awesome indeed!! and I appreciate it. That advice came from my eating disorder program and even now they don't really want us killing ourselves with exercise and if the motivation of our exercise is so we can eat more they are totally against it. That is why I have stopped worrying about calories burned when i do exercise. It does seem to be helping me too, so I hope it helps you to.

I will pick up the thread for the rest of year at least. Thanks again!!:flowerforyou:
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options

YOU TWO ROCK!!!

thank you so much for running this thread for so long!!! you are fabulous and hilarious :) i was just jumping on to say that i was going to take some time off checking in as well...i have been continuing to exercise as i can, but 360 is just not realistic for me at this point :) you all are fabulous ladies and i wish you all the very best of luck continuing your journies :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Mollie, your going to be awesome with it...feel free to copy the intro if you want

Andrea, take care of you and the bambino...
  • nikkit321
    Options
    Week of Sept 19:

Thursday - 120 minutes (walked around a local street fair)
    Friday - 57 minutes (WATP, pilates)
    Saturday - 51 minutes WATP, pilates)

Kim, you will definitely be missed around here.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    My goal 360 minutes week of 9/26/11:

Mon: 30 min Leslie 2 mile DVD
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

:heart: 330 minutes left! :heart:
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • nikkit321
    Options
    Week of 9/26:

Monday - 95 minutes walking with the dog, pilates tape, and shred
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday

Hope you're doing well, Mollie. I dug out my old Winsor Pilates vcr video, thought some ab work would be a good thing, and that it would also stretch my leg muscles. Yep, I said it, a vcr tape. Surprised me, I thought I was looking for a dvd! It definitely worked my abs and legs though, I can feel all of them.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hi Nikki!! I was wondering if I was going to be all alone this week. :laugh: Glad to see you on board. I will post the new thread some time Sunday. Have a good week! :flowerforyou:
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Oh MY!! I have been gone for a little while and it seems like everyone else joined me!!! lol I know we all get busy with life and kids and other things and we so easily forget about ourselves.

I haven't been focused for a few weeks now. I had gotten to the point where I was tired of watching what I put in my mouth, felt deprived and just all around disgusted with the whole situation. I know I have to find my mojo again and FAST!!!

I leave for my cruise in exactly two weeks - and I have to get myself together before then so I don't completely have a breakdown while cruising. So today is the first day - again!!

Happy Thursday!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Oh MY!! I have been gone for a little while and it seems like everyone else joined me!!! lol I know we all get busy with life and kids and other things and we so easily forget about ourselves.

I haven't been focused for a few weeks now. I had gotten to the point where I was tired of watching what I put in my mouth, felt deprived and just all around disgusted with the whole situation. I know I have to find my mojo again and FAST!!!

I leave for my cruise in exactly two weeks - and I have to get myself together before then so I don't completely have a breakdown while cruising. So today is the first day - again!!

Happy Thursday!!

Hi Val!!

Yes it looks like everyone took a little break in Sept. Since I stopped those 2 weeks when starting my ED program I can't get my old momentum back up. But I plan to get back on the stick in October!

Bon Vonyage!! You can totally be bad and good on cruise for sure. I pick one meal a day to splurge on and ate healthly most meals anyways. Like I had fish since I love it and it is soo good on cruises and I used to pig out at breakfasts but I only had one kings breakfast while on cruise and that was the very last day and i was soo full I wished I had not.

The other thing I highly recommend is getting your groove on my enjoying all the move it activities they have on board. I did line dances classes, WII, and went to disco every night and continue to dance. At the time I wrote my food down vs on line and while on cruise I did not write down one thing just tried to eat healthy. I wore pedometor every day and was over 10,000 steps every day but one and one day I did over $16,000 steps!!

My goal on cruise was not to gain any weight. I thought I had but after coming home and waiting 2 days to get on scale to get all salt out of system, I had maintained. I envy you!! This is the time I used to go on cruises too. Sept thru Nov. Enjoy yourself!!

Where are you going? and on what cruise line?
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday indeed! Back to the Dr's for more test this a.m., sure all is well just haven't beaten this bug yet. I wll be working out this month, starting light and working up to full steam. Last month just was not a good one for me. That's all done and time to get back in the groove!
  • nikkit321
    Options
    Week of 9/26:

Monday - 95 minutes walking with the dog, pilates tape, and shred
    Tuesday - zilch
    Wednesday - 50 minutes
    Thursday - 70 minutes
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday

On the move! So glad the end of the work-week is approaching!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Thursday indeed! Back to the Dr's for more test this a.m., sure all is well just haven't beaten this bug yet. I wll be working out this month, starting light and working up to full steam. Last month just was not a good one for me. That's all done and time to get back in the groove!

Cool Alice!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Look forward to being back in the game. Thank you girls for being here and for being such great motivators!:drinker: Alice
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    My goal 360 minutes week of 9/26/11:

Mon: 30 min Leslie 2 mile DVD
    Tue: nada
    Wed: nada
    Thu: 30 min walk
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

:heart: 300 minutes left! :heart: