*CLOSED* September Challenge (AggieCass & Friends)

Options

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi. Would anyone mind sending me the directions email? I think Cass might be having problems with her message box . Wedding525@gmail.com is my address. Thanks in advance :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I know some of you are having problems and I WILL get them fixed around 11:30 central time, I have to do some work stuff before then. Sorry for the delay, but we'll get everyone all set up and ready to go.

To answer a few general questions:

your start weight is yesterday's weight, the goal weight is what you'd like to be on Sept 30th.

In the "record your progress here" tab, just put check marks if you met your calorie, exercise/rest, and challenge goals and enter a numerical value for your weight.

Also, if you aren't using a scale for whatever reason, you can simply use the inches and goals tracking to participate in this challenge. However, if you do not weigh in you will not be able to get any of the awards for weight loss, but you still can get the ones for most inches lost or having the greatest number of goals met.

if you have more questions, just let me know.

Sorry i'm so out of it...and my MFP inbox isn't working so use my cassandrakstacey@gmail.com email if you have other questions. Again, I"ll respond to those of you who emailed me around lunch time.

Happy Tuesday!

~Cass
  • AggieCass09
    Options

2. What are your plans for the Labor Day Holiday? Tailgating for the first home football game (woohoo!!) and taking my kiddos swimming before the pools close for the season.

I like your style! Who's your team?

I'm an aggie so I root first and formost for the Texas A&M Aggies
    But my brother-in-law plays for Rice so I also go to those games too

i LOVE football!!!
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    Hi. Would anyone mind sending me the directions email? I think Cass might be having problems with her message box . Wedding525@gmail.com is my address. Thanks in advance :)

Okay, I think I got ya all set up :) let me know if you have questions.

I also *should* be caught up with all my other emails and requests to see google doc, please let me know if you still do not have access or if you have questions.

I forgot to measure AGAIN....i'll update my inches tomorrow morning, I promise
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Regarding inches measurement: I was CERTAIN that at one point it said to include bust, too. Should we measure hips/waist/right thigh/right bicep, or hips/waist/right thigh/right bicep/bust?

I ask because if I lose inches, it'll probably make a big difference if bust is included or not. I seem to lose most of my inches off of my upper torso! Just want to be sure I'm consistent with what everyone else is doing :)
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    1. the number one that that motivates me is walking into my new huge walk in closet that is full of very nice clothes and knowing that I can't wear 90% of them right now. I am ready to get back into all of them!! also, my first full marathon is coming up quickly on Nov. 13th, and I want to be able to finish it strong!!!!

2. I have NO plans for the Labor Day holiday--which is exactly how I want it!! it has been a very rough summer for me, and I just want three days of RnR with nothing complicating my workouts!!!!

3. Something that no one on MFP knows about me is that I used to absolutely hate to run. I actually swore on the last day of high school athletics that I would never run again!! but, so thankful that was not the case because it has brought so much joy into my life.

thanks again to Cass!! I hope this will finally help me to get focused and get this weight off. best of luck to everyone!!!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    1. What is the #1 thing/saying/thought/whatever that motivates YOU?

There is no such thing as "It cannot be done!" - Mine

2. What are your plans for the Labor Day Holiday?

My partner and I will be Building up our distance - walking 9 miles on Sunday, Saturday and Monday will have shorter walks (3-4 miles). Healthy cookout on the grill

3. What is something that nobody on MFP knows about you?

OBSESSED with Florida Gators (college) football!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Confused about what to put for inches. Can someone please assist?
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    For inches:

Measure the circumference around
    1. your right thigh (the thickest part)
    2. your hips (right over where your hip bones are)
    3. your waist (the naturally smallest part of your midsection)
    4. your bust (i usually do this with a sports bra on so that its more consistent and easier to measure---measure around the fullest part where your nipple is) *YES INCLUDE THIS...somehow it got overlooked, my apologies since this is where women generally see the largest change* Alternatively, if you want to measure your "chest" (right under your armpits, above the bust) you can...just measure the same area each week
    5. your right bicep (thickest part with out flexing...let arm relax near your side then measure)

sum up these values and put in the "starting inches" column. At the end of the week (next Monday) we'll put in the "week 1" column how many inches you lost/gained.

does that clear things up?
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    Got it!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have to measure tomorrow. My other half used my tape out in the yard and its nasty. I need to get a new one.
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I am Christine and am so looking forward to this challenge - good luck to everyone on here!!!!!! We can do this!!!

1. What is the #1 thing/saying/thought/whatever that motivates YOU?

Seeing my son grow right before my eyes, makes me want to be a healthier, happier person and get in shape to keep up with him in the future. Also, to build my self-confidence and be one hot momma!

2. What are your plans for the Labor Day Holiday?

Cookout and hang out with my awesome husband and son, his family, and our friends. Also watch plenty of football and tailgate with healthy food!

3. What is something that nobody on MFP knows about you?

My husband is leaving for 9 months to go to "school" for the Navy in San Diego, CA - so definitely not looking forward to that - but it is temporary I guess. So......I will not only be a working mom of an almost 8 month old and 2 dogs with a house, yard, etc....but a feel more or less like a single parent - so going through a rough time right now. But what doesnt kill me will definitely make me stronger... just had to get it out there:) Thanks for listening!

Oh...............I will post my inches tonight - forgot to measure yesterday:)
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    1. What is the #1 thing/saying/thought/whatever that motivates YOU? I am a big fan of "If you do what you've always done, you will get what you've always got"

2. What are your plans for the Labor Day Holiday? I will be working! The other girls at the bar I bartend for want the weekend off, so I will be closing down the bar!

3. What is something that nobody on MFP knows about you? That I've put off going back to school because I'm because I'm afraid that I will gain all my weight back!
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    LADIES:

Do you think we should add each other as friends, so that we may MOTIVATE~ENCOURAGE & SUPPORT each other? :happy:
    I think it would certainly help.

Vanessa

5978368.png
    PERSISTANCE
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options

2. What are your plans for the Labor Day Holiday? Tailgating for the first home football game (woohoo!!) and taking my kiddos swimming before the pools close for the season.

I'm a Mizzou Tiger, baby!!!! Woo!
  • shannonaufman
    Options

I'm a Rebel through and through... Go Ole Miss!!!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    So many poor, poor misdirected people. Everyone knows it's all about the Big Ten! :)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Gig 'Em Aggies!!! WHOOP!!
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    Hey group, just wanted to give yall the complete list of all of our Challenge Participants:

1 AggieCass09
    2 RunningAggie
    3 ClaudiaV05
    4 Soccermum75
    5 shannonaufman
    6 runnermel
    7 outdorzygrl77
    8 jalysons
    9 lil_missfit
    10 agleckle
    11 nicolina823
    12 Ashkay2
    13 theemstress
    14 candykay89
    15 ecmcnamee
    16 emmaleigh47
    17 jcm214
    18 aprylcross
    19 thedreamhazer
    20 sailorsbabydoll
    21 aggielauren
    22 drmomm
    23 Aloxander
    24 hrshipley
    25 gatorflyer
    *note new team members*
    26 kiwikara
    27 taliyai
  • AggieCass09
    Options

Gig 'Em Aggies!!! WHOOP!!

what she said ^^^