*CLOSED* September Challenge (AggieCass & Friends)

Options

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    UGH. This day is lagging! Which always makes me hungry! I did my 30-minute run at lunch today, but I seriously need to hit the gym for some weight training. I'm posting this everywhere I can so i can motivate myself and be embarassed if I don't go! Lol.
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am back from my long work trip. I bought a tape measure on the way home and will face my fears tomorrow. HOLD ME TO IT!! Have a good night
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Happy Humpday everyone. Doing well with the challenge. Really pushed myself today with some extra exercise challenges - I usually do a humpday challenge to help shake things up a bit. Today's consisted of 50 side leg lifts, each leg; 50 front leg lifts, both legs together; 50 squats, 50 alternating front lunges, 50 wall pushups, and 50 jumping jacks, all before 7 AM! Got in a lunch walk/jog (3.6 miles) and an after dinner walk (3.4 miles). WHEW!You're very welcome! Hope it was the best birthday yet! How many people can say they e you all had a great day!
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Emily, from Ann Arbor, Michigan.

1. What is the #1 thing/saying/thought/whatever that motivates YOU?

I just saw this on jrshipley's profile and totally love it! "Sweat is fat crying."

Another favorite is from the American Red Cross that goes something like this: "You know when you exercise and you hear the heavy beat of your heart? That's your heart applauding you!"

2. What are your plans for the Labor Day Holiday?

We're having a party! A cookout with friends & fam... summertime fun with volleyball, horseshoes, kickball, and a bonfire at night. And of course we'll be watching UofM football! :)

3. What is something that nobody on MFP knows about you?
    I am a twin!

I'm really excited for all of us! It's be fun to see us all doing this together! Good luck everyone!!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Calories, water and exercise all in check but my weight is creeping up. I went for a long run (1 hour 45 minutes) on Tuesday and started P90X round 2. Those are 2 things that make my weight go up ( muscle retaining water to repair itself). Hopefully I will see a difference in inches.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Morning girls!

I passed out last night after dinner but I did manage to get a little over an hour in for pilates which is my challenge this week. Do pilates every day for at least 20 minutes.

I have to change my workokut for the month due to my stepson making the football team. Between running around I have 30 minutes between everything.

So, the 30 day shred with hopes of doing 6 week 6 pack at work during lunch will be how I spend my September. As of yesterday I've lost 3lbs already. (water)
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    For inches:

Measure the circumference around
    1. your right thigh (the thickest part)
    2. your hips (right over where your hip bones are)
    3. your waist (the naturally smallest part of your midsection)
    4. your bust (i usually do this with a sports bra on so that its more consistent and easier to measure---measure around the fullest part where your nipple is) *YES INCLUDE THIS...somehow it got overlooked, my apologies since this is where women generally see the largest change* Alternatively, if you want to measure your "chest" (right under your armpits, above the bust) you can...just measure the same area each week
    5. your right bicep (thickest part with out flexing...let arm relax near your side then measure)

sum up these values and put in the "starting inches" column. At the end of the week (next Monday) we'll put in the "week 1" column how many inches you lost/gained.

does that clear things up?

Definitely clears things up ... I didn't measure my boobage and I measured my bicep wrong so I will fix that tonight!! Thanks!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Doing good so far ... calories and water ... all check. Challenges for Tuesday and Wednesday check ... today is the 8th week of my plateau so I'm hoping this BUSTS it!! Sounds like everyone is doing AWESOME!!!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    This water aspect of the challenge is SUCH a blessing! I always think I'm good about my water intake, but I've definitely upped it this past few days and, despite some high sodium, I am seeing MUCH less scale bounce than I'm used to. I love it!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    ok monday...ok tuesday...Wednesday....EPIC FAIL did exercise...cals way low...water pathetic and no extra 15 minutes....Today....well so far we are on target for the water and cals...working a 12+ hour shift and hoping to be home before dark...may have to do Jillian....wish me luck...will be doing the challenge at lunch....using the Nike Training Club...
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I haven't measure yet either! I better hop to it tonight...

Just made plans to walk at lunch to get in my extra 15 minutes today. It's a beautiful day outside.

Hope you're all doing well!

-Emily
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    well i'm doing my best to get back on track today...Yesterday was awful-- I had to leave my house at 4:40 am to get to my meeting 4 hours away and pick up my travel buddy. Needless to say I didn't get in my 4:30 am work out as planned :-( Breakfast was at Buccee's. I ate a cream cheese danish, something I havent had since high school and a coffee. Lunch was at the only place in town with specialties in fried-anything. I ordered a grilled cheese and a salad off the kid's menu but ended up putting fries in my mouth (i dont even LIKE french fries). The meeting was exhausting by the way-- a 7 hour design review and hazard analysis of a oil truck unloading station. Then I drove 4 hours back home but the travel buddy wanted to go to a meat market for dinner (i'm a vegetarian, if you didn't know- he knew though) so we head there and the are CLOSED. Good that we didnt have to eat there but i was pissed that we had to go 30 minutes OUT OF OUR WAY to go to this closed meat market. So i was STARVING at this point and convicned the guy i was with to just go home and we could eat there. I was about to eat my arm at this point (NEVER good for me to get this hungry since all judgement is GONE at this point) but ended up settling on my favorite burrito place where I got a salad. YUMMY. So i was really okay at this point but then my fantasy football draft didnt happen because people forgot to sign up (GRUMBLE!) so i was pissed and I ate SIX oreos. BLAH!

Okay rant over. The draft is tonight and I'm eating clean (thank goodness i'm back to my normal routine)

Today's work outs (to make up for yesterday):
    1. 4 mile run @ sub-10 pace
    2. NROLFW B #2 (dont ***** out on the dead-lifts!)
    3. Kickboxing @ 5:45 with patssarah

should burn near 1000 calories

last thought...cold bananas freak me out. (I left mine in the fridge this morning and cannot get over the coldness. I'll let my nana warm up so i can enjoy it with my Chocolate PB2 soon)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    well wasnt sure today was going to work out...goofy day...but I actually made all my goals for today....rest day for exercise....all my water.....under cals....and my 15 minutes was a quick wt lifting round for 15 minutes at lunch.... so now...tomorrow is a new day...and is my weigh in.....
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    I try to be a pretty positive person, but this last 15 lbs might actually make me crazy. I mean, SERIOUSLY? I just cannot seem to get rid of them. I do think this challenge has the potential to kick my butt into gear ... but the +/- 100 with food is difficult/scary. I'm managing. I truly do BELIEVE in eating exercise calories. I just wish I could afford a HRM to better calculate what those calories are. I hear we underpredict calorie intake and overpredict calorie burn. That's pretty scary information when your predicted burn is 600+ calories most days.

I just get frustrated with how slow weight my weight loss at this point. I know the last 15/10/5 lbs is the hardest ... but I sure wish that it wasn't. Anyone else with me here?
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I try to be a pretty positive person, but this last 15 lbs might actually make me crazy. I mean, SERIOUSLY? I just cannot seem to get rid of them. I do think this challenge has the potential to kick my butt into gear ... but the +/- 100 with food is difficult/scary. I'm managing. I truly do BELIEVE in eating exercise calories. I just wish I could afford a HRM to better calculate what those calories are. I hear we underpredict calorie intake and overpredict calorie burn. That's pretty scary information when your predicted burn is 600+ calories most days.

I just get frustrated with how slow weight my weight loss at this point. I know the last 15/10/5 lbs is the hardest ... but I sure wish that it wasn't. Anyone else with me here?

i've been battling the last 12-15 lbs since JANURARY...i hear you! We just have to make our bodies uncomfortable and hopefully they will respond favorably! Are you adding strength training...this is supposed to help a lot with the last pounds!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options

i've been battling the last 12-15 lbs since JANURARY...i hear you! We just have to make our bodies uncomfortable and hopefully they will respond favorably! Are you adding strength training...this is supposed to help a lot with the last pounds!

Yep. I have a really great strength training routine...but I admit, I was off of it for about two weeks due to some life stuff interrupting. I'm back into it, though, and now I'm fighting the processed food issue. We just moved, so money is a little tight (not really, my partner is just a penny-pincher...lol) so I'm trying to make do with the food in the pantry. I'm really good at this, but pantry food tends to be a lot more processed than fridge food! So, not as much fresh veggies as I would like. I've been doing a lot of cooking with white flour too instead of using the premade whole wheat stuff I usually use. Homemade gnocchi tastes great, but it's just not that good for you!

Should be hitting up the store next week though .... going to stock up on leaves! Lol.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I'm Keisha. Sorry I have been MIA. Once this weekend passes my life will be back to normal. I can't even tell you how busy I have been. I usually work out 5-6 days week; but because of so much going on I have only worked out 3 days and have not logged. I will say I have done well with water and calories AND I turned down McDONALD'S yesterday!!! Yey!!! NSV!!! I am going to try and get my 4th and 5th workout in tonight and tomorrow morning. I am so excited to be shedding these final 23 pounds with you ladies!!! So here are my answers:

1. Feeling and looking good motivates me....and being an inspiration to my daughter, family and community.

2. I have no plans for the holiday other than to make it my point to not go over my calories, over eat, or make poor food choices. I always mess up on the holidays.

Can't wait to get to know you all:))

Keisha
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. Hope you have a safe, healthy, and fun weekend. If you over-indulge, remember to over-indulge in exercise and keep the water flowing too. Saturday I'm going to a pancake breakfast and fly-in, - not the healthiest, but I'll see what I can do to keep the calories down. Then plan to do about a 4 mile walk, then it's off to get together with a group to watch The Florida Gators play football. It's at a restaurant, so will be trying to make healthy choices. There's a huge Florida Gator club (>300) out here in Portland, Oregon. Sunday I plan to up my distance walking, from 8 to either 9 or 10 miles. Then Monday will be hopefully some recuperation, with a healthy cookout.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Sorry that I have been such a bad teammate - I thought about dropping out of this challenge, but since its run by my best bud Cass, I am sticking it out. I have been relatively good this week, I just didnt get my inches done yet ...

But in answer to the questions...

1. What is the #1 thing/saying/thought/whatever that motivates YOU?

- I made up my own saying and I think of it all the time "There is success in every failure, and a bit of failure in every success"

2. What are your plans for the Labor Day Holiday?

- Hubby is out of town, so I will be focusing on getting as much homework done as possible. Totally boring weekend, and I will try hard not to snack too much! I will be going for a 8.5 mile run tomrorow morning though.

3. What is something that nobody on MFP knows about you?

- an easy one is my birthday this year will be 11-11-11 ... but then I thought that wasnt so revealing so here it is...
    In 1998 I was runner up in the Miss NorthEast Wisconsin pageant. I was the only girl on the stage PRAYING that I didnt win! I just wanted the 1,000 dollar scholarship for winning talent (which I did and I got)!

I promise to be a better teammate -- Cass I am still having trouble with the docyment though. When I opened it, it had all of your info?
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    Ok here is probably the oddest 15 minute challenge workout.... Loaded twenty 50# bags of wheat seed into a pickup truck-drove to the field and had to unload and climb up on the back of the wheat drill to dump them in...so weight lifting and a bit of stairmaster....

What did you guys do this week????