*CLOSED* September Challenge (AggieCass & Friends)

Options

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone, and good luck with the upcoming week! I'm loving this challenge, and really looking forward to the push-up challenge for the week! Although I have to say....adding an extra 5 to 10 push-ups is no small feat, considering I only eked out 16 on Monday.

Let's make this week great!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone, and good luck with the upcoming week! I'm loving this challenge, and really looking forward to the push-up challenge for the week! Although I have to say....adding an extra 5 to 10 push-ups is no small feat, considering I only eked out 16 on Monday.

16 isn't too shabby...what level did you do them at (where were your hands/feet?). Good form is KEY!

I did 20 hands and feet push ups and 10 with my hands on a bench (about a 30 degree angle)...shooting for 35 total tomorrow. Today I'm doing the wall squats in my office :-) I'm going to hit 7/7 on the challenge this week!

Bring it ladies!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options

16 isn't too shabby...what level did you do them at (where were your hands/feet?). Good form is KEY!

I did 20 hands and feet push ups and 10 with my hands on a bench (about a 30 degree angle)...shooting for 35 total tomorrow. Today I'm doing the wall squats in my office :-) I'm going to hit 7/7 on the challenge this week!

Bring it ladies!

I did them from hands and feet, no angle. I was up to 20 at one point, I've apparently been slacking. I need to get back to doing push-ups everyday like I was.

And I'm totally with you -- I can do 7/7 this week! On all challenge aspects! I'm pumped! We've got this!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of the winners and to all of us for perservering! Have a great short week, all!
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Those wall sits made my legs burn!! Loved it!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    This challenge must have some kind of vodou! On Monday, I only managed 16 push-ups, but today I got through 21 --- it was the first time I've ever been able to do more than 20 at a time. It may have only been 1 better than 20, but still....felt pretty good! Especially since my weight training yesterday was upper-body focused, my arms should have been jello!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am envious of all of you who can do push ups ... I managed 12 .. no incline ... feet on the floor, etc. which for me is awesome. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit intimidated about trying to do 17 tonight but we'll see where that goes. I did manage the wall squat and initially thought .. hell that's easy. Yeah, no. By the end of the second minute my legs were shaking .. it felt pretty darn good though. I am definitely going to meet all 7 days of the challenge this week ... that's my goal anyway :)

Happy Wednesday all!!
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone and keep on pushing ladies!!!! Hope everyone is toning up their arms with all of these push-ups - I have to say push-ups are my weakness - so I am working on this:)
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    I am envious of all of you who can do push ups ... I managed 12 .. no incline ... feet on the floor, etc. which for me is awesome. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit intimidated about trying to do 17 tonight but we'll see where that goes. I did manage the wall squat and initially thought .. hell that's easy. Yeah, no. By the end of the second minute my legs were shaking .. it felt pretty darn good though. I am definitely going to meet all 7 days of the challenge this week ... that's my goal anyway :)

Happy Wednesday all!!

Hey, 12 is great! When I first started working out, 26 lbs ago, I could only do 9. MODIFIED. Yes, as in "girl" push-ups, hands and knees. You're going to get through 17 and feel like superwoman! I did this morning :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Yall are doing fabulous with this week's challenge...i was half expecting some resistance to not doing "girl" push ups but i'm really impressed. The combo of push ups and wall squats are killer...keep pushing!

I'm so PROUD of all you lovely ladies!

(and the scale budged so im in a FABULOUS mood today!!!!!!)
  • ecmcnamee
    Options
    I DID 18 PUSH UPS LAST NIGHT ... NOT GIRL ONES .. THE REAL ONES!!! Can I get a hell yeah??!! That's 6 more than on Monday!!! I was super excited ... I tried to explain to the dog why but he just looked at me ... :)

So far so good ... feeling awesome this week ... keep it up everyone!!!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    I DID 18 PUSH UPS LAST NIGHT ... NOT GIRL ONES .. THE REAL ONES!!! Can I get a hell yeah??!! That's 6 more than on Monday!!! I was super excited ... I tried to explain to the dog why but he just looked at me ... :)

HELL YEAH! :D

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my week. It's Thursday and the scale is still ominously pointing to 159. Which is fine, but strange. I'm used to watching the scale slowly tick up throughout the week and the drop on Sunday/Monday. Why is it behaving so strangley? Keeping a consistent weight? It's almost like drinking all this water is doing something....

But seriously, I am trying to figure out my exercise for the rest of the week. I've done an awesome job so far (if I do say so myself!) but I don't know what to do about a rest day. I'm getting into antsy exerciser-mode. I just did two strength days in a row, so I should take a break today...but my schedule is off. I usually do Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for strength, but because of travel on Monday I did Tuesday and Wednesday. So do I plow through my four days and do today and tomorrow with no rest? Or do I rest today, do tomorrow, and just count one strength day lost for the week? (Weekend strength training is not an option).

Sigh. Workout schedules are hard!
  • ecmcnamee
    Options

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my week. It's Thursday and the scale is still ominously pointing to 159. Which is fine, but strange. I'm used to watching the scale slowly tick up throughout the week and the drop on Sunday/Monday. Why is it behaving so strangley? Keeping a consistent weight? It's almost like drinking all this water is doing something....

But seriously, I am trying to figure out my exercise for the rest of the week. I've done an awesome job so far (if I do say so myself!) but I don't know what to do about a rest day. I'm getting into antsy exerciser-mode. I just did two strength days in a row, so I should take a break today...but my schedule is off. I usually do Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for strength, but because of travel on Monday I did Tuesday and Wednesday. So do I plow through my four days and do today and tomorrow with no rest? Or do I rest today, do tomorrow, and just count one strength day lost for the week? (Weekend strength training is not an option).

I was pretty excited ... too bad the dog didn't share my enthusiasm. Oh well.

I am a water hog as I average about 190 ounces a day ... it's the one thing that I can say truly helps me. Workout schedules are hard .. I just recently mixed mine up so I could add some consistent strength stuff .. If I were you, I'd plow through them if you can't fit one in on the weekend but that's me. Some weeks I take a rest day and others I don't .. just depends on how I feel .. and if I don't take a rest day then it's usually because I'm out on my bike and I refuse to rest if I get 2 hours to be by myself on the road!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options

I was pretty excited ... too bad the dog didn't share my enthusiasm. Oh well.

I am a water hog as I average about 190 ounces a day ... it's the one thing that I can say truly helps me. Workout schedules are hard .. I just recently mixed mine up so I could add some consistent strength stuff .. If I were you, I'd plow through them if you can't fit one in on the weekend but that's me. Some weeks I take a rest day and others I don't .. just depends on how I feel .. and if I don't take a rest day then it's usually because I'm out on my bike and I refuse to rest if I get 2 hours to be by myself on the road!

LOL! You know, I never had trouble get my dogs excited about my workout achievements. As a matter of fact, they would get so excited for me when I was doing my pushups that they simply couldn't wait to congratulate me and would run over and start drooling all over my face, followed by the cats who would decide when I was on the "up" part of the pushup that my body was making the perfect shelter for them and "oh-wouldn't-it-be-nice-to-run-under-her-and-take-a-nap-now?"
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I havent been able to work out this week. I'ved tried so hard but I'm getting sick and TOM came to visit. My energy is at 0% and we have been wedding dress shopping from the time I get out of work until 8 at night. Then its home a quick bite and bed.

I have managed to stay in my calories the bad way because I havent had a lot of time to eat much. I have lost 2lbs even with TOM and eating out twice.

I WILL work out in the morning. And I WILL work out this weekend to try to reach my calories burned goal.

Once this dress is bought by next week I'm ALL IN!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Alright, I have to admit something. I'm owning this challenge this week in terms of calories and water. I've also successfully completed all the daily challenges this week. And I have reached a conclusion: I HATE PUSHUPS. I also hate wall sits. I cuss and spit and swear and get SO mad doing them... but then I feel like SUCH a bad *kitten* when I finish them!!

Hope y'all are kicking *kitten* this week!!
  • ecmcnamee
    Options
    Alright, I have to admit something. I'm owning this challenge this week in terms of calories and water. I've also successfully completed all the daily challenges this week. And I have reached a conclusion: I HATE PUSHUPS. I also hate wall sits. I cuss and spit and swear and get SO mad doing them... but then I feel like SUCH a bad *kitten* when I finish them!!

Hahahahahahaha!! I love this ... your attitude is awesome!! I hate pushups too but I gotta tell ya .. I like the wall squats ... I feel so flipping strong doing them and I love the way my legs look .. .even when they're shaking!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    Question: This might be clear to everyone else, but how are so-called "cheat days" considered in the challenge (don't like the term, but don't know what else to call them)? I schedule to allow myself one day per week to eat over my typical net so long as I stay within maintenance net or lower. For instance, yesterday I ate 338 calories over my net goal, but still had a 262 calorie deficit. Therefore, I'm still on track for how I plan my week. Is this a daily I achieved my calorie goal or not?

Thanks ahead for clarifying! I just don't want to accidentally cheat in logging the challenge!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options

This is awesome and I'm right there with ya. Really killed it this week and hope you guys did the same!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Attention: I have a confession. I let myself down and I'm sorry if I let anyone else down. I have TOM right now and I have not worked out all week. I have not done the challenge besides drink all of my water and stay in my calories. I wore easy tones but that doesnt count.

I vow to not miss any workouts or challenges from this day forward.

I am buying my wedding dress today so there are no more excuses or resons to not come home after 10pm every night!

This challenge is on now!