*CLOSED* September Challenge (AggieCass & Friends)

Options

Replies

• aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Big Ten, Enjoy those dirty Huskers. :wink:
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Big Ten, Enjoy those dirty Huskers. :wink:

They're not Big Ten until they've earned it! Lol. :wink:
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    so we are approaching hump day...how is everyone doing so far? I've met all my goals for tuesday (monday i ate too much) and have lost two pounds since monday (water weight)...hoping more comes off soon!

I'm also measuring in the morning because i keep forgetting!
  • hrshipley
    Options
    Hey!!! Monday and Tuesday have been right on with my goals!

Cass are we going to add challenges to the mix next week?

How is everyone else doing?!?
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    So far so good on the goals! I've been under calories, good on water (which is the very hardest part for me), good on exercise. My husband and I have been enjoying little 25-minute walks in the evening to address the challenge! Tomorrow will be a test... I don't typically exercise on Wednesdays (well, I'll do the 20-minute walk to get the challenge)... so it tends to be tricky to meet my calorie goals. I'll do my best, though!!!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Forgot a brief intro. My name is Sue and I've been an MFPer for going on 11 months. I've been heavy all my life and I've decided that enough is enough. I am embracing this new lifestyle and am less than 10 pounds from what I've set as my goal weight. We'll see if that changes when I get there. Monday and Tuesday have been really good days with food, exercise and water. Gearing up to push myself this weekend and extend my walking distance to 9 miles. Good luck to all of you. Remember, anything you put your mind to, you can achieve.
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, everyone! Last night I did 15 min stretching after my Turbo Fire workout because I am horrible about not taking time to stretch....it was a nice addition to my night :)
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    The challenge is going pretty well for me so far, despite so bumps in the road. I'm so far on track for everything! I've added a lunchtime run to my workout routine, and I'm loving it! I think I'll keep it up.

Tonight, I'm getting back to weight training. I've not done it for a couple weeks due to the craziness of visiting friends and moving, but I have missed it and I know that my body has as well.

Also, I'll be starting the 200 situp challenge with a personal goal to finish before the end of September. Wish me luck!
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ladies:

I have lost 1.5 lbs since Monday. I did good on my goals for Tuesday. I started late Monday afternoon so it didn't go that well. I will stay on it though.

I am starting tabata training at home tomorrow and will also continue with the C25k :drinker:

Cass:

Are you setting challenges for us? I am a little confused.

Let me know.

Keep it up and let's do this we can all be happier come September 30th. :wink:
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Do any of you do something different during your TOM? I get insane :explode: like a week before. I didn't believe in PMS before until I worked in Obstetrics & Gynecology.

I crave chocolate that is why I ate bad last weekend. I am expecting it this week. So I hope I do good on our Monday weigh in.
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    Ladies:

I have lost 1.5 lbs since Monday. I did good on my goals for Tuesday. I started late Monday afternoon so it didn't go that well. I will stay on it though.

I am starting tabata training at home tomorrow and will also continue with the C25k :drinker:

Cass:

Are you setting challenges for us? I am a little confused.

Let me know.

Keep it up and let's do this we can all be happier come September 30th. :wink:

There is a challenge that was in the original email. We are challenged to add 15 minutes of exercise that we wouldn't normally get (walking at lunch, parking further away, etc.)

Do any of you do something different during your TOM? I get insane :explode: like a week before. I didn't believe in PMS before until I worked in Obstetrics & Gynecology.

I crave chocolate that is why I ate bad last weekend. I am expecting it this week. So I hope I do good on our Monday weigh in.

I get bad cravings the week before and have almost no energy to work out the week during. But worst of all is the HORRIBLE bad mood I'm in the week before and a little during. Like, seriously, EVIL seems to pour through my veins in place of blood, and there's not a thing I can do to stop it, even though I know I'm nto ACTUALLY mad at my boyfriend for teasing me about drinking a lot of water/putting his shoes in a new place/being "slow" to unlock the door/etcetcetc. Luckily, he's very understanding. :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I will be giving out challenges each week but am open to suggestions for next week...please messages me with challenge suggestions! Great work ladies!!!
  • hrshipley
    Options
    There is a challenge that was in the original email. We are challenged to add 15 minutes of exercise that we wouldn't normally get (walking at lunch, parking further away, etc.)

Wow! Apparently I need to read a little better! Thank for clarifying that for me!
    Also, I'll be starting the 200 situp challenge with a personal goal to finish before the end of September. Wish me luck!

Is there a program you are using for the 200 situp challenge?
  • thedreamhazer
    Options

Is there a program you are using for the 200 situp challenge?

twohundredsitups.com
    :)
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am doing well so far. I even started round 2 of P90X on top my half marathon training. I guess it counts towards the 15 minutes challenge. can we roll over the extra minutes to the next day? Just kidding.

been drinking 6 cups a day. trying to increase slowly, I don't think i can drink half of my body weight.
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am measuring tonight ladies - sorry for the delay. Hope everyone is doing okay and good luck - we can all do this!!!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies.....to help with the challenge for the week...for those of you with iphones you can down load a free ap called Nike Training Club....it has a lot of 15 minute spot workouts...ps it is free....
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1. My brothers life was cut short due to unavoidable health problems. I am done taking advantage of my health!

2. Hang out with my man and our two kitties. Hit up the Chalk Art Walk in down town Sacramento!

3. I have just petitioned at my college to double major in Public Relations and Dance!
  • hrshipley
    Options
    Hey ladies.....to help with the challenge for the week...for those of you with iphones you can down load a free ap called Nike Training Club....it has a lot of 15 minute spot workouts...ps it is free....

Thanks! I downloaded it! What a great app!