Options

Replies

• andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that its on it now... :)
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    yes thats fine charlene just start from today with the carbs :)

• Charlene_91
    Options
    yes thats fine charlene just start from today with the carbs :)

• efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I am excited to get started. I am not sure about the carbs - I don't usually monitor them and wasn't prepared, but I will commit to being more aware and trying to limit them this week.

Here's my story. I have been using MFP for a little more than a year and a half now. I pretty much reached my goal weight this past spring, but the summer has take its toll...I've had the usual summer difficulties (beer, ice cream, vacations), plus I have been super busy and stressed at work due to a large merger my company has gone through. So I joined this challenge to help my get back to goal, but I head too far in the wrong direction.

I usually weigh in on Mondays but I will switch to Fridays for this challenge. My starting weight today is 154.75 (are we rounding to the nearest pound?). I also took my measurements this morning, and entered them on the site. Not surprising, they are all up a tad from the last time, which was back in the spring.

Good luck everyone!
  • Ambeltz2016
    Ambeltz2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well today is the big day so I weighed myself and actually lost 2 lb since earlier this week mfp start weight was 257, my xmas challenge start weight is 244. I going to strive for 200 jumping jacks and to cut down on my carbs. I wish all of you the best of luck!!!!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING CHALLENGERS!!!!

WEEK 1: 150g of carbs (ex. 1 slice of bread weighing 30g = 30g of your carbs for today/ 30g of UNCOOKED pasta = 3og of your carbs of your carbs today)

we all know that almost everyfood had carbs in it so we are gonna measure just the main groups... potatoes/pasta/rice/bread so mainly starchy foods :)

WEEK1: DRINK AT LEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    FRIDAYS(DAY 1) MINI CHALLENGE... ADD 200 JUMPING JACKS TO YOUR WORK OUT TODAY...THESE CAN BE SPREAD OUT IF YOU WANT:

I WOULD LIKE ANYONE THAT DOES NOT WANT TO DO THIS CHALLENGE TO SET THEMSELVES A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND LET US ALL KNOW WHAT KIND OF RESULTS YOU GET..

we are all here to lose weight so its gonna take a bit of chopping and changing to find what works...

please send me your weight and keep me posted on how your all getting on :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm going to try my best with the carbs and definatley going to do the 1 day without any :) i am going to do the jumping jacks as 1 just after my exercise dvd :)
  • tyem1
    tyem1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hmm...seeing as though I appear to be on the other side of the world (Australia) I will do everything a day later....ie Jumping Jacks, I have only just seen this and its almost 10pm here...but it still should line up ok with your guys....and I ill convert my weight to pounds cause I only know KGS but will find a converter....will send you a msg with my starting weight!
  • andreaie
    Options
    well done mandy... will i put you down as 255lbs then?? good luck everyone
  • andreaie
    Options
    if you have a look at my diary for today it might make a bit more sense of the carbs... the main thing is that you give it all youve got..
    twe are heading in the right direction so good luck with it and any questions let me know ...
  • patsyanne
    Options
    The challenge is on...to me it is a personal goal but really need the support of all the folks out there. It feels great to get the exercise done, eat the right foods and then to watch the weight fall off. Yesterday I was trying on some clothes that I havent been able to wear for a few years and now it fits and I'm sure that by Christmas some will fit better and some will be too big....yeah, time to shop and ask Santa for gifts.
  • ssansaver
    Options
    I'd like to take your Count Down to Christmas Challenge! Can I add you as a friend so I can see all the posts from this group, or is
    there some other way to do that that I don't know of?
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    if you have a look at my diary for today it might make a bit more sense of the carbs... the main thing is that you give it all youve got..
    twe are heading in the right direction so good luck with it and any questions let me know ...

Can i be a bit cheeky?
    Could you pleasecheck my diary just to check ive got the carbs bit right :)
  • andreaie
    Options
    yeah your on the right track just count your weetabix aswell and other cereals... great diary
  • andreaie
    Options
    welcome to the challenge... any questions just mail me... and send me your starting weight please.. we weigh in every friday :)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    done 200 jumping jacks and 40 minutes of 30 day shred :D tiring work!
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The carb challenge - no problem. I have arthritis in my knees so I will skip the jumping jacks and declare my challenge for this week will be to add 10 min of cardio to my existing routine which will increase then to 50 minutes daily.

Thanks for the motivation, ladies!!
  • rjwood62
    Options
    I would love to! Really, I'd like to lose all of my weight before then but definitely kicking it into overdrive sounds fantastic!
  • andreaie
    Options
    rjwood/ssansaver welcome to the challenge please send me your weight in pounds and we weigh in every friday...
    GIRLS AND BOYS IM STILL MISSING A LOT OF WEIGH INS SO IM THINKING IF I DONT HAVE THEM BY TOMORROW YOU DONT WANT TO DO THE CHALLENGE SO ILL TAKE YOU FROM THE LIST.. IF YOU DID SEND THEM IN AND IM MISSING THEM JUST LET ME KNOW :)

SATURDAY CHALLENGE: CONTINUE ON THE LOW CARB
    DRINK AT LEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    ADD 200 SIT UPS TO YOUR WORK OUT

THESE CAN BE DONE THROUGHOUT THE DAY BUT THERE IS NO POINT IN DOING A FEW HERE AND THERE.. DO ENOUGH AT A TIME SO THAT YOU CAN FEEL THE BURN...

OBVIOUSLY IF YOU FEEL YOUR NOT ABLE TO DO 200 JUST DO WHAT YOU CAN OR ADD YOUR OWN PERSONAL CHALLENGE..

HAPPY WEEKEND GUYS BE GOOD :)

HERE IS THE LINK https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtJ6AEQWGqtddHUtOWJKY1pTTGxCNVUzaXk4RjV3dnc&hl=en_GB&pli=1#gid=0
  • Pidders89
    Options
    L3 D1 of the 30DS and 200 sit ups done :D
  • andreaie
    Options
    REALLY!!!! i have to get of this and start mine... well done