Replies

• andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    FROM KENNY!!!
    20 PUSH- UPS
    30 SIT-UPS
    50 JUMPING JACKS

ALSO ID LIKE YOU TO DRINK NO FIZZY SUGARY DRINKS FOR TODAY..

DRINK 10 GLASSES OF WATER
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Nice Mini challenge kenny!
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm back with laptop phew!!!!
    Hope everyone has a great week! Gonna have to shake a lot at Zumba to burn those extra calories lol!!! Is everyone going to be eating all of their exercise calories? My christmas party is at the end of November so all extra calories burned are a bonus!!!
    Well done to everyone so far!!!
    Lets show everyone what we are made off!!
    Good Luck !!!!:heart:
  • Selly7749
    Options
    Can't wait to get started on today's challenge - good luck everybody! :)
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a great week! Gonna have to shake a lot at Zumba to burn those extra calories lol!!! Is everyone going to be eating all of their exercise calories? My christmas party is at the end of November so all extra calories burned are a bonus!!!
    Well I don't want to start a controversy but I don't eat my exercise calories, for the most part. I am not a heavy exerciser, and at my age, I need to get all that exercise in just to maintain my weight. At least that's how I feel about it. I'm gonna try to fulfill this week's challenge, but I know it is going to be tough! I just can't seem to make the time for it. I know that's just an excuse, but between working 60 hours a week and what I see as well deserved relaxation time, plus other obligations, well....just not enough hours in the day. BUT - the important thing is that I keep trying to do as much as I can do. :happy:
  • Selly7749
    Options
    Loved the mini challenge yesterday - Thanks Kenny :) How did everyone else do? xxx
  • andreaie
    Options
    Well I don't want to start a controversy but I don't eat my exercise calories, for the most part. I am not a heavy exerciser, and at my age, I need to get all that exercise in just to maintain my weight. At least that's how I feel about it. I'm gonna try to fulfill this week's challenge, but I know it is going to be tough! I just can't seem to make the time for it. I know that's just an excuse, but between working 60 hours a week and what I see as well deserved relaxation time, plus other obligations, well....just not enough hours in the day. BUT - the important thing is that I keep trying to do as much as I can do. :happy:

i dont eat all of my exercisee cals i couldnt, id be afraid to eat them all... just do your best cheryl thats all you can do and once your pushing your self a little more each time your fitness will improve and youll burn more cals.. my stomach is very sore today and it hasnt been sore in a long time it was prob the 30ds and the extra sit ups... anyway just push yourself a little more have a happy sunday xx
  • andreaie
    Options
    well done selly for doing it i loved it aswell im intrigued to see what lisa has lined up for us today :)
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge:

It's arms today....3 sets of 12 reps at the weight you are capable of - if you do not have weights or bands at home, grab those soup cans.

bicep curls
    tricep kickbacks
    lateral raise
    overhead press
    bend over row

Good Luck everyone!
  • wrinklesmom
    Options
    Looking forward to the challenge! :)

On the recommendation of someone on MFP, I got the Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30". I am ready to have her pulverize me....Also, for all those fans out there, the "Biggest Loser" starts this week. I love that show...it really motivates me.

I hope everyone has a great week - and remember that the scale is not an indicator of how you are doing. For example...I have fought with that stupid thing for 2 weeks. However, I went and checked my measurements this morning and realized I had lost 3"....so....if you are not loosing, don't give up. Change doesn't happen overnight. When I am frustrated, my husband always tells me that I didn't put the weight on overnight and I shouldn't expect to loose it overnight either. I think Andrea has got us on a good path and laid the ground work for success for all of us. Just the fact that we are on this website and part of this group is 90% of the work...I am proud of each of you and I am expecting there will be great news for all this friday - x0x0
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to today's challenges...I have been slacking a little over the weekend not so much with the food but haven't made any real time for proper exercise I do so much better Monday-Friday.
  • andreaie
    Options
    im looking forward to doing this challenge also... im just over dinner so im gonna wait a while and then get stuck into it... we are all chipping away at those 3500+ cals that we have to burn :) mx3gal i think your words are very motivational we do tend to get frustrated when the scales doesnt move but this journey is a lifestyle change not an over night quick fix... good luck to everyone this week give it socks!!!!

lisa i find im better mon-fri also so im gonna have to try work on the weekends and up my game..
  • Charlene_91
    Options

lisa i find im better mon-fri also so im gonna have to try work on the weekends and up my game..

Me too, i'm generally ok during the week but the weekends are still hard for me :(
  • jenniferburrill
    Options
    I'm in...10 lbs by Christmas
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    didnt have the best weekend workout and calorie wise but i always find that on the weekend but work my *kitten* off in the week :) xxx
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Im in! I have a black tie function at work in December, so I would love to be able to squeeze into a super cute cocktail dress!
  • abstrakt99
    Options
    Count me in! Anything particular we need to do or :D
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone here is tomorrows challenge

Squats Jump Steps: Wanted to change up the regular squats (these are my fav)

Step 1. Stand with feet hip width apart.
    Step 2. Start the squat by bending at the knees and hips, keeping the back straight.
    Step 3. Lower down to a comfortable position, usually where the thighs are parallel to the floor.
    Step 4. Jump up from the squat position by pushing against the floor and power through, so the whole body lifts and the feet clear the ground.
    Step 5. Land on back on both feet hip width apart, drop down into the squat position and repeat the movement x50

Leg Lifts x50

Step 1. Lie on floor with hands at your sides
    Step 2. Lift legs straight up until they are at about a ninety degree angle (or close:)
    Step 3. Lower legs without touching the floor and reapeat

Bicep Curls x50 If you do not have hand weights or resistance bands grab a couple cans of soup.

20 minute brisk walk.

Good Luck to everyone:happy:
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    HI everyone - just checking in. I left the house around 11:00 a.m. this morning to go geocaching with my sister. (If you don't know what geocaching is, and you would like to learn, check out www.geocaching.com). I arrived home around 6:15 p.m. In between, we did a lot of walking, most of it at a fairly leisurely pace, but some of it was pretty challenging - scaling cliffs, sliding down cliffs, etc. After I had some dinner, I rode my exercise bike for 30 minutes, to get those extra exercise calories in. It is now 9:30 and I probably am not going to do today's mini challenge. Tomorrow is going to be tough too, since I have Book Club after wok at 6:30 pm but I WILL TRY. :bigsmile:

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and I know we are all looking forward to a great week!
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Great challenge today :)

Better crack on with burning them calories, planning on doing Zumba every night & go for a brisk walk for at least 20mins a day!!!
    Good luck everyone with this weeks challenge :) x