count down to christmas challenge...

Options

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i have been slack this week (i had a bit of an alcohol bender)...but been really good today and most of yesterday too....that said....how does everyone fit exercise in? i work, and am a single mum along with all my housework and food prep i struggle to find time....i like to relax at the end of the day and exercising late at night means i dont get a good sleep which i generally need at the end of the day!!!

I normally get home at around 5ish play with my neice and bath her thats til about 6 then i do the 30DS and the mini challenge, have a shower and then watch some telly :)

xxx
  • tyem1
    tyem1 Posts: 20
    Options
    i have been slack this week (i had a bit of an alcohol bender)...but been really good today and most of yesterday too....that said....how does everyone fit exercise in? i work, and am a single mum along with all my housework and food prep i struggle to find time....i like to relax at the end of the day and exercising late at night means i dont get a good sleep which i generally need at the end of the day!!!

I normally get home at around 5ish play with my neice and bath her thats til about 6 then i do the 30DS and the mini challenge, have a shower and then watch some telly :)

xxx

I wish Tyler would go to bed early enough for me to do that....most nights he is still up at 9 (childcare still let him have a day sleep so he wont go to bed early) and I get up at 5 to get ready for work!!! In saying that he is asleep at the moment (just gone 730pm) but my fave show is on but I will jump on the exercise bike and put in the work there!!
  • Pidders89
    Options

xxx

I wish Tyler would go to bed early enough for me to do that....most nights he is still up at 9 (childcare still let him have a day sleep so he wont go to bed early) and I get up at 5 to get ready for work!!! In saying that he is asleep at the moment (just gone 730pm) but my fave show is on but I will jump on the exercise bike and put in the work there!!

yeah my neice doesnt go to bed then but her mum has her for a bit then to feed her etc :) xxx
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls it my turn today! Im not very good at these things so i will just do my best and hope you all like it. I think that we need to do a challenge for the arms to try and get rid of the bingo wings before christmas!!!:laugh: :wink:

So here goes:

100 bicep curls (if like me you dont have weights just use some bottles of water or tins of food)

100 Tricep Dips - get a chair and sit on it with each hand beside you legs straight then scooch butt off the chair (hold on tight) and begin to dip your butt to the floor (not touching) then back up again to the level of the chair repeat 100 times at intervals ( i did a load of these at a circuit training class on tuesday and my arms are still sore they sure do work!.

100 criss cross jumping jacks (arms and legs crisscrossing on each jump)

5 mins of skipping.

I hope that this is okay for everyone best of luck and push hard for tomorrows weigh in i am nervous :heart: and remember dont forget to drink ALL OF YOUR WATER so important try flush the system before tomorrow and DO NOT EAT AFTER 7PM

Wow! That is quite the challenge...I will do what my body allows me to do LOL everything hurts from boot camp yesterday :laugh: I will be doing the challenge today as well as working on abs followed by a walk later, taking a break from P90 today and letting my body "heal".

Good Luck everyone...great job picking todays challenges...and a challenge it will be :happy:
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Wow, everyone seems to be doing so well!!!
    Good luck everyone with weigh in 2mrw......

Also if anyone doesn't mind sharing their Carb free menus, because i could do with the ideas :D
  • abazooday727
    Options
    Wow this one looks like a tough one! 1/2 gallon of water down...1/2 gallon to go!!!
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oooh, nice challenge! Our group is amazing!
    I fell sick last night, which is awesome. :grumble: On a diet of tea and soup all day. Sigh.
    Hopefully I can exercise and this won't mess up my weigh-in for tomorrow!
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WHAT CAN I SAY!!!!! ANOTHER WEEK DOWN WE ARE ALL DOING SO WELL AND I KNOW YOUR ALL WORRIED ABOUT THE SCALES TOMORROW BUT DONT BE BECAUSE WE HAVE LOADS OF TIME TO DO THIS!!!!!

YOUR ALL AN INSPIRATION..

MAIL ME YOUR WEIGHT IN POUNDS TOMORROW AND ANYONE JOINING PLEASE SEND ME YOUR STARTING WEIGHT IN LBS... LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING WHAT YOU HAVE ALL DONE!!

ALSO CAN I SAY HOW GOOOOOD ALL THE MINI CHALLENGES HAVE BEEN THAT YOUVE ALL SET XXXXXX

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    good luck to everyone for tomorrow :D xxxx
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    OK - I am chosen one for the mini challenge for Friday. I did some internet searching to come up with something we haven't done yet. Here's what I came up with.

Squats Jump Steps - try 25 of these or 2 sets of 15:
    Step 1:Stand with feet hip width apart.

Step 2:Tense the stomach and back muscles.

Step 3:Start the squat by bending at the knees and hips, keeping the back straight.

Step 4:Lower down to a comfortable position, usually where the thighs are parallel to the floor.

Step 5:Explode up from the squat position by pushing against the floor and power through, so the whole body lifts and the feet clear the ground.

Step 6:Land on back on both feet hip width apart, drop down into the squat position and repeat the movement.

Step 7:Ensure that a straight back is maintained at all times throughout the exercise.

LONG ARM CRUNCH - 25 or 2 sets of 15
    1. Lie on a mat and extend the arms straight out behind the head with hands clasped, keeping the arms next to the ears.
    2. Contract the abs and lift the shoulder blades off the floor.
    3. Keep the arms straight and avoid straining the neck. If you feel neck pain, take one hand behind the head while keeping the other arm extended.
    4. You can add intensity by holding a light dumbbell if you need more of a challenge.

Have fun everyone!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    OK - I am chosen one for the mini challenge for Friday. I did some internet searching to come up with something we haven't done yet. Here's what I came up with.

Squats Jump Steps - try 25 of these or 2 sets of 15:
    Step 1:Stand with feet hip width apart.

Step 2:Tense the stomach and back muscles.

Step 3:Start the squat by bending at the knees and hips, keeping the back straight.

Step 4:Lower down to a comfortable position, usually where the thighs are parallel to the floor.

Step 5:Explode up from the squat position by pushing against the floor and power through, so the whole body lifts and the feet clear the ground.

Step 6:Land on back on both feet hip width apart, drop down into the squat position and repeat the movement.

Step 7:Ensure that a straight back is maintained at all times throughout the exercise.

LONG ARM CRUNCH - 25 or 2 sets of 15
    1. Lie on a mat and extend the arms straight out behind the head with hands clasped, keeping the arms next to the ears.
    2. Contract the abs and lift the shoulder blades off the floor.
    3. Keep the arms straight and avoid straining the neck. If you feel neck pain, take one hand behind the head while keeping the other arm extended.
    4. You can add intensity by holding a light dumbbell if you need more of a challenge.

Have fun everyone!

Great toning ones today! hows everyone doing? ive lost 3lbs!! :D i am classed as having a healthy bmi :D xxx
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Wow, great challenge today :)

Well done to everyone that i've read so far for the weigh ins, and good luck to who still has to do theres (including me)......
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Wow, great challenge today :)

Well done to everyone that i've read so far for the weigh ins, and good luck to who still has to do theres (including me)......
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options

Great toning ones today! hows everyone doing? ive lost 3lbs!! :D i am classed as having a healthy bmi :D xxx

Monkey_moo_mc - 3 lbs!! That' great! So proud of you!
  • andreaie
    Options
    HI...
    happy friday you all done so well today give yourselves a pat on the back... i wish i had of really stuck to the challenge this week as much as others but due to family circumstances i couldnt give it 100% but this week im gonna work my *kitten* off and do this im so close to the 160s i can smell it only 2 pounds away and i plan on getting it next week!!! i think i can i think i can lol

anyway onto the serious business:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

THE CHALLENGE FOR THIS WEEK IS AN *kitten* KICKING CALORIE ONE ...
    1: BURN 3500+ CALS THIS WEEK (DO IT)
    2: AS ALWAYS DRINK 10 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY
    3;(OPTIONAL) HAVE A CARB FREE OR LOW CARB DAY

if your like me and have friday as a treat day then you will find it hard because we will have 6 days to burn 3500 cals
    please please give it your best shot and for those of you that would do this anyway in a normal week push yourselves for an extra 500 if you can...

i will ask that for those of you that are picked for the mini challenges this week try make them about food (example: eat 5 peices of fruit/cup of veg/have no bread/no sweets/ ect,,,)
    and if you want to add an exercise do one that will help us burn some of those 3500 cals :laugh: :laugh:

enjoy it guys as as usual if this challenge doesnt suit you try set a personal one and push yourselves to the limit... keep thinking 10 more seconds(a wise woman once told me you can do ANYTHING you want in life for 10 seconds)

A xxxxxxxxxx
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    HI...

if your like me and have friday as a treat day then you will find it hard because we will have 6 days to burn 3500 cals
    please please give it your best shot and for those of you that would do this anyway in a normal week push yourselves for an extra 500 if you can...

A xxxxxxxxxx

Wow, thats defo going to be a tough one, but ill give it me best shot. Gd Luck guys x
  • Pidders89
    Options

Monkey_moo_mc - 3 lbs!! That' great! So proud of you!

thank you i was so happy :D
  • tyem1
    tyem1 Posts: 20
    Options
    HI...

A xxxxxxxxxx

Wow, thats defo going to be a tough one, but ill give it me best shot. Gd Luck guys x

It is going to be tough...I'll give it shot too....I havent started off great but this week I am going to try to at least get this done!!!
  • chelseagirl1980
    Options
    Have only just found this thread again so will try and be more active on the forum!
    I am up for the challenges this week too - Andrea let me know if its my turn to think one up!

We have friends over tonight for take away curry but that is gonna be my only treat of the week - and will try and make better choices (no nan bread for me for a start!)

It is 6 weeks today til my wedding dress fitting so i really need to go for it!

Off to body combat and pump now!

Hope you all have a good Saturday!
  • andreaie
    Options
    FROM KENNY!!!
    20 PUSH- UPS
    30 SIT-UPS
    50 JUMPING JACKS

ALSO ID LIKE YOU TO DRINK NO FIZZY SUGARY DRINKS FOR TODAY..

DRINK 10 GLASSES OF WATER