September 1st start INSANITY HALLOWEEN LOVERS!

Options

Replies

• shaverkl191
    Options
    I just started Insanity on Monday... so I'll be a few days ahead but I'd love to join you guys!
  • Kenny_K
    Kenny_K Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today is the day! I'll be doing the fit test later tonight. Did anyone start yet?
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    hmmm i have the dvd..should i dare lol
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am on Insanity Day 3 today 9-1-11...so I am just a couple days ahead. So excited! It is really tough but so fun! I have to go a little slower then them to keep good form and there have been only a couple things I just simply could not do...but I keep pushing and it feels great!

Prepare to SWEAT!!

4358892.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Today is the day! I'll be doing the fit test later tonight. Did anyone start yet?

Just did my fit test. Here are my results

(Not as good as I hope in some spots. But gives me reason to improve)

Switch Kicks: 130
    PowerJacks: 70
    Power Knees: 90
    Power Jumps: 35
    Globe Jumps: 10
    Suicide Jumps: 15
    Push Up Jacks: 30
    Low Plank Oblique: 35
  • cleoleigh
    Options

I had started before I saw this. Did day 4 (fit test then three workouts) this morning .... you will work up an extreme sweat! :o)
  • cleoleigh
    Options
    I have a Bodybugg and everytime I have done Insanity it has told me different calories burnt. The dvd"s vary and apparently so does my intensity. Even on the same DVD's, it has never been the same number of calories burnt twice. I guess you would have to have a monitor for ANY exercise to truly know what you burn in a day.

What is is a bodybugg?
  • cleoleigh
    Options
    Oh and today I am 5'10" 228lbs
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I just started my second round of Insanity on Sunday, so almost a week in. I took off 6 weeks of exercise because of surgery and am trying to get back to where I was. I'm also combining Insanity with Running and have at least 3 half marathons planned over the next several months. My goal is to maintain a 10 mile long run through winter.

I'm supposed to do Pure Cardio today but will be running 8 miles tomorrow, so am planning a second day of cardio recovery. I need to skip Saturday's work out too because I'll be traveling. My calves are tender, so backing it down a day of cardio is probably good for me.
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

What is Insanity?
  • mama_monkey333
    Options
    O.k. so here's my fit test results from Day 1:

Switch Kicks: 55
    PowerJacks: 20
    Power Knees: 40
    Power Jumps: 15
    Globe Jumps: 4
    Suicide Jumps: 8
    Push Up Jacks: 16
    Low Plank Oblique: 8

I felt like such a weenie. Next fit test will definately be a ton better. This is my first round of Insanity and I was starting to think I just might be insane for doing it but I'm all in! My husband and I made a commitment to each other Gettin Insane for the next 60 days. I can honestly say I feel really great considering I hurt in places I've never hurt in before and never sweat so much in my entire life. . . craziest thing happened. . . I kinda liked it. : ) The more I sweat the harder I wanna push myself. We completed day 4 this morning and I was so relieved it was a slow day was an awesome surprise . . . kinda lilke hitting the reset button mid-week so we can Bring it tommorrow. Woo Hoo! Can't wait! Let's see some fit test results! :wink:
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    O.k. so here's my fit test results from Day 1:

Switch Kicks: 55
    PowerJacks: 20
    Power Knees: 40
    Power Jumps: 15
    Globe Jumps: 4
    Suicide Jumps: 8
    Push Up Jacks: 16
    Low Plank Oblique: 8

I felt like such a weenie. Next fit test will definately be a ton better. This is my first round of Insanity and I was starting to think I just might be insane for doing it but I'm all in! My husband and I made a commitment to each other Gettin Insane for the next 60 days. I can honestly say I feel really great considering I hurt in places I've never hurt in before and never sweat so much in my entire life. . . craziest thing happened. . . I kinda liked it. : ) The more I sweat the harder I wanna push myself. We completed day 4 this morning and I was so relieved it was a slow day was an awesome surprise . . . kinda lilke hitting the reset button mid-week so we can Bring it tommorrow. Woo Hoo! Can't wait! Let's see some fit test results! :wink:

Make sure you take your before and after photos. And record all your measurements. You will need those for your free T-shirt! Plus it's a great way to track your weight lose other then the scale.

And you will definitely see a huge difference over time. Just keep digging deep!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Here are my starting numbers, which is funny the first round of Insanity before my surgery were about the same. I had ran 7 miles the day before I did my fit test last Sunday.

Switch kicks 53
    Power jacks 49
    Power knees 88
    Power jumps 26
    Globe jumps 10
    Suicide jumps 15
    Push up jacks 24
    Low obliques 48

Decided instead of a second recovery day - I'm going to go home and do Insanity Upper Body Strength from the Deluxe Version. I'm so glad I added the Deluxe, they are three of my favorite DVD's.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I thought about starting Insanity (have it in there on the table). How long with warmup and cooldown is the program? I started day 1 of Ripped in 30 today. Wonder if it'd be too crazy to do them both.. one in a.m, one in p.m. I'd love the shirt from Insanity lol
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Just did my Fit test! Woo! I feel great! I pushed myself HARD! Here are my results:

Switch Kicks: 128 (or 64 if you do it by set)
    Power Jacks: 63
    Power Knees: 112
    Power Jumps: 53
    Globe Jumps: 13
    Suicide Jumps: 21
    Pushup Jacks: 23
    Low Plank Oblique: 49

To give you an idea...here are my fit test results from July 2010 and July 2011:

Switch Kicks: 122 (61) and 123 (61.5)
    Power Jacks: 45 and 57
    Power Knees: 100 and 103
    Power Jumps: 30 and 40
    Globe Jumps: 7 and 10
    Suicide Jumps: 17 and 19
    Pushup Jacks: 12 and 20
    Low Plank Oblique: 28 and 36

In 2010 I couldn't do even 1 real pushup. By 2011 I could do 10 "real" pushups. I can now do 25 to 30 in a row. :-) It's AMAZING!!!! I am so impressed with how drastically all these workouts have changed my body. Thank you BeachBody.com!! lol. I love turbo fire and I love insanity!
  • fzia
    fzia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I will join too!! but I'm going to start on monday 09/05. I like to have sunday off lol
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    I am not seeing nearly enough fit test results up here! Day 2 is tomorrow! Day 1 is almost done and gone!
  • YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Options
    hey
    can i join?
    im starting tomorrow a p90x/insanity hybrid. i recently took a break after 45 days of p90x and now want to get back into it.
    good luck
    5 6
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am not seeing nearly enough fit test results up here! Day 2 is tomorrow! Day 1 is almost done and gone!

I agree! At least I know you're checking up though so I have motivation to actually do my workouts.
  • Spitfirex007
    Options

I agree! At least I know you're checking up though so I have motivation to actually do my workouts.

=) I'll be here until the end of 60 days!