Butterball Babies~ ! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I've got our spreadsheet completed for this week. It's a word document, so if you would like to see it, send me a private message with your email address and I will send it to you! I've received 3 emails thus far!

Oh..and my address is:

Taushalynn @ hotmail.com

if you want to add me to your contact list! :0)

Thx!! Tausha
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Renee-awesome as always!

Melley-good job on the goals so far!! keep it up :)

Laura-you are doing great...no worries!

Tausha-you can do this girl!!! You still can make the goals for 4 out of the 7 days...go get it!! And I am ok with seeing the results on this thread like last week...are you gonna keep posting results on here too (even if it isn't as organized?)

callforme-you are doing really good with your goals...keep at em!

Kristen-you are doing awesome girl!! keep going at this rate and you will finish all of the challenges this week! WTG!
    # of Cups of Water: 40/62
    # of Days Meeting Push-Up Goal: 4/7
    # of Days Meeting Fruits/Veggies Goal: 2/7
    # of Days Logging ALL Food: 4/7
    # of calories burned: 1080/2000
    meeting all goals today!! all food is logged (including 5 fruits or veggies), push ups are done, and I WILL get in my water seeing as I am now up for another 17 hours!

KEEP ON ROCKIN LADIES!!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Grrrr after try to post twice i have just realised that we have started again now i feel silly as i was cursing my computer & mobile :laugh: :blushing: I only read the challenge @12am woops must remember to check after posting my weigh-in.
    Do 30 Push-ups/Wallies per day!
    18/09/11= 7:30am done 50 Wallies
    19/09/11=
    20/09/11=
    21/09/11=
    22/09/11=
    50 Cups of Water for the week at least! 
    18/09/11= 8 cups of water
    19/09/11=
    20/09/11=
    21/09/11=
    22/09/11=
    AT LEAST 5 SERVINGS of Fruit and VEGGIES per day!!
    18/09/11= 4 fruit
    19/09/11=
    20/09/11=
    21/09/11=
    22/09/11=
    I will complete this challange
    just editing my post
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Calorie goals for the week- 3500
    9/15- 1006
    9/16- 1338
    9/17- 1032
    9/18- 825
    Totals: 4201

Water Goal- 75c
    9/15- 10c
    9/16- 11c
    9/17- 14c
    9/18- 9c
    Totals: 44c

Additional challenges
    Pushup 60/210
    Fruits/Veggies (5 servings) 10/35
    Logging all food 4/7

Getting there on my push-ups, not so much on the veggies..I'm trying at least. :)
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    9/15 - no pushups, F&V done, 10 cups water, food log complete
    9/16 - no pushups, F&V done, 11 cups water, food log complete
    9/17 - 229 pushups (P90X-on knees), F&V done, 9 cups water, food log complete
    9/18 - 30 pushups, F&V done, 10 cups water, food log complete
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

229 pushups!?! Amazing!!!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Water: 63/90
    Push-ups: 230/210
    Fruits/Veggies: 19/35

Personal Goal:
    Calories: 2368/3500
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    9/15: 8/30/5
    9/16: 8/30/5
    9/17: 9/30/5
    9/18: 0/30/1
    9/19:
    9/20:
    9/21:

Not so great today...oh well, it happens! Tomorrow I'm back to work. It always seems easier to follow my goals and such while at work.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Update:
    9/15, Thurs: 80 Push-ups, 12 cups of H20, 5 Servings of Fruits/Veggies & Food Logged
    9/16, Fri: 30 Push-ups, 13 cups of H20, 5 Servings of Fruits/Veggies & Food Logged
    9/17, Sat: 30 Push-ups, 14 cups of H20, 5 Servings of Fruits/Veggies & Food Logged
    9/18, Sun: 30 Push-ups, 11 cups of H20, 5 Servings of Fruits/Veggies & Food Logged

# of Cups of Water: 50/50
    # of Days Meeting Push-Up Goal: 4/7
    # of Days Meeting Fruits/Veggies Goal: 4/7
    # of Days Logging ALL Food: 4/7

Melleyd-229 push ups?! That is AMAZING! Your arms are going to look great!

Laura-Hope you enjoyed your day off because you deserve it. Congrats on meeting your push up goal! Looks like you’ll be getting your water & cals out the way soon too. WTG! GO TEAM PURPLE!

Tausha-Last week is gone! Don’t worry yourself about things you cant change. On to a new day, Now lets kick some butt! Enjoy your trip @ the gym! GO TEAM PURPLE!

Tara-Enjoy your day at work! Good Job planning ahead!

Suzanne—Congrats on meeting your cal burned goal! Keep working on the veggies, You can do it!

Keerti & Kristen-Hope you had a great weekend! GO TEAM PURPLE!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Suzanne-you are doing great!!! I took a look at today's menu...you cuold easily add in some veggies to your breakfast or dinner!! even a baked potato or some peppers to your eggs!! it's hard to squeeze em in sometimes...but you are doing great, so keep at it :)

Annie-we all have our days!! I finid it easier to follow the "diet" aspect of this while at work too...guess I pack a lunch and feel like I have to eat it then!! LOL
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options

Wow 229 pushups !!! I would get tired just counting them while you do it. Awesome going!! Keep it up !!
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday and today ( sorry couldn't post yesterday):

9/15 - 45 pushups, 5 f&v, 14 cups water, all food logged - cals burned 1424
    9/16 - 60. Pushups, 5 serv F&V , 14 cups water, all food logged - cals burned 520
    9/17 - 45 pushups, 7 serv F&V , 14 cups water, all food. Logged, cals burned 708
    9/18 - 60 pushups, 5 serv F&V, 17 cups water, food logged an hour late so logged in wrong day, have to fix it. Cals burned - 985

My target cals burn for this week is 5000
    Is our weigh in for this week is on Wednesday, than I have to amp up my workouts to reach my goal.

Laura - you are burnig some major cals this week and would be reaching most of your goals. Doing awesome!! Just need little more work on those veggies !!! You can do it. Have a v8 ;) . Go team purple!!!

Reene - Great water intake! You are doing awesome in push ups and veggies too. Keep it up. Go team purple!!!

Tausha - no worries girl!!! We all have those days and weeks. Glad you are back and up and running!! I know you will do it!!

Suzzane - some major cals burned girl !! So proud of you !! Keep it up !

Tara - awesome support and motivation. Some great advice too. Congrats on matching up the goals up until now. Keep it up

Annie - weekends are sometimes disastorous. You will be back on track tomorrow. I am sure.

Good going everyone !! We can do it!! Let's kick some butt!!

Tara -
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Kittu (is your name Tara too?)-thanks!! and good work on the goals so far, you are killin it...our WI is on Thursday...so that gives you an extra day :)
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Challenge this week:

Sept 15 - (no pushups - saw challenge too late), 5 cups of water, 5 f/v, logged all of my food & exersize.
    Sept 16 - 30 pushups, 11 cups of water, 5 f/v, logged all of my food & exersize.
    Sept 17 - oops, totally forgot about the pushups, 6 cups of water, 5 f/v, logged all of my food & exersize.
    Sept 18 - Poor little dum dum - I forgot the pushups again, 6 cups of water, 5 f/v, logged all of my food & exersize
    Sept 19 - I will remember, I will remember, I will remember.....
    Sept 20 -
    Sept 21 -
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    And just reading through the posts it looks like so many people are doing so well this week - way to go ladies keep up the good work! We can do this!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    The week was filled with high sodium foods as we had two birthday celebrations, and both were at buffets! I avoid buffets because I have a penny pinching mentality and want to be sure that I eat as much as I can possibly hold to be sure I am getting my money's worth. So silly!!!! The food last night for my dad's 80th was excellent, it was the wine that we bought and no one seemed to be drinking that did me in. I felt obligated to drink an extra glass or two.

So, my weight is up! At one point I thought it was down but no...it is up. I can't figure this out! Truly, after years of doing this, I still don't get it.

Too many calories, too few calories, eat your exercise cals, don't eat your exercise cals. Excercise hard, exercise moderate, lift light and lift heavy.

When I get this way I am not sure if I should stick with the extreme or switch to...what can I live with every day mentality.

I will update my stats once I gather them. I have been keeping track when I log my food and exercise. I am not doing great on this one. The fruit and veggie thing is kind of hard but I am loving it. My carb count is super high as a result but hey, fruits and veggies are high in carbs but at least it isn't bread!

D
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    This was helpful to me and thought it might help others: http://nutrition.about.com/od/fruitsandvegetables/f/servingfruit.htm

Question: What Is a Serving of Fruit or a Vegetable?
    Dietitians and nutritionists say to eat five servings of fruit and vegetables a day, but, what's a serving size? Is it one apple? Two carrots? Three large strawberries? Four Brussels sprouts? What about a large glass of tomato or orange juice?
    When you say five servings, do you mean five fruits and five vegetables, or do you mean something like three fruit and two vegetables or two fruit and three vegetables? And what' the big deal about fruits and vegetables anyway.

Tipper - About.com User

Answer: The United States Department of Agriculture sets a serving size for fruit or vegetables to be equal to about one-half cup. Greens like spinach and lettuce have a serving size equal to one full cup. One serving of sliced fruit is equal to one-half cup; however a single piece of fruit, such as an apple or an orange counts as one serving.
    How did the USDA decide that one-half cup is a serving size? The decision was based on the portion sizes that people typically eat, ease of use and nutritional content of fruits and vegetables.

Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytochemicals that may act as antioxidants that protect the cells in your body. Choose colorful and dark green fruits and vegetables for the most antioxidants. They're usually low in calories unless you add high calorie sauces, turn them into pies, or deep-fry them in oil. Make it easier to add increase the amount of fruits and vegetables you eat by keeping a bowl of fruit on your kitchen counter and serve fresh cut vegetables with dip instead of greasy potato or corn chips. I know potatoes and corn are vegetables too, but in the form of deep-fried chips, they're usually high in fat and sodium.

Many nutrition and dietary experts suggest you eat from five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables every day. That is a total. Older or inactive women and smaller children need at least three servings of vegetables and two servings of fruit. Growing kids, teen girls, most men and active women should eat at least four servings of vegetables and three servings of fruit every day. Teen boys and active men should eat at least five servings of vegetables and four servings of fruit every day. Unfortunately many people fail to eat even the minimum suggested level of five servings of fruits or vegetables each day.

Here are some typical serving sizes for fruits and vegetables:

Fruits

one banana
    six strawberries
    two plums
    fifteen grapes
    one apple
    one peach
    one-half cup of orange or other fruit juice
    Vegetables
    five broccoli florets
    ten baby carrots
    one Roma tomato
    3/4 cup tomato juice
    3/4 cup vegetable juice
    half of a baked sweet potato
    one ear of corn
    four slices of an onion
    You may notice that serving sizes on the Nutrition Facts Label of packaged fruits and vegetables are not always the same size as the one-half cup serving size that the USDA has set for the food pyramid. Some frozen vegetable blends for example may list the serving size as 3/4 cup, which would meet one and one half cups of your vegetable need for the day.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Wow 229 pushups !!! I would get tired just counting them while you do it. Awesome going!! Keep it up !!

LOL. You have to record your exercises for P90X so I added them up when I got done. My arms and back are SORE! :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Suzanne-you are doing great!!! I took a look at today's menu...you cuold easily add in some veggies to your breakfast or dinner!! even a baked potato or some peppers to your eggs!! it's hard to squeeze em in sometimes...but you are doing great, so keep at it :)

Annie-we all have our days!! I finid it easier to follow the "diet" aspect of this while at work too...guess I pack a lunch and feel like I have to eat it then!! LOL

I had some mini potatoes yesterday with my chicken, so that counts. It was straight out of the potato bag. :happy:
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    This was helpful to me and thought it might help others: http://nutrition.about.com/od/fruitsandvegetables/f/servingfruit.htm

Question: What Is a Serving of Fruit or a Vegetable?
    Dietitians and nutritionists say to eat five servings of fruit and vegetables a day, but, what's a serving size? Is it one apple? Two carrots? Three large strawberries? Four Brussels sprouts? What about a large glass of tomato or orange juice?
    When you say five servings, do you mean five fruits and five vegetables, or do you mean something like three fruit and two vegetables or two fruit and three vegetables? And what' the big deal about fruits and vegetables anyway.

Tipper - About.com User

Answer: The United States Department of Agriculture sets a serving size for fruit or vegetables to be equal to about one-half cup. Greens like spinach and lettuce have a serving size equal to one full cup. One serving of sliced fruit is equal to one-half cup; however a single piece of fruit, such as an apple or an orange counts as one serving.
    How did the USDA decide that one-half cup is a serving size? The decision was based on the portion sizes that people typically eat, ease of use and nutritional content of fruits and vegetables.

Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytochemicals that may act as antioxidants that protect the cells in your body. Choose colorful and dark green fruits and vegetables for the most antioxidants. They're usually low in calories unless you add high calorie sauces, turn them into pies, or deep-fry them in oil. Make it easier to add increase the amount of fruits and vegetables you eat by keeping a bowl of fruit on your kitchen counter and serve fresh cut vegetables with dip instead of greasy potato or corn chips. I know potatoes and corn are vegetables too, but in the form of deep-fried chips, they're usually high in fat and sodium.

Many nutrition and dietary experts suggest you eat from five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables every day. That is a total. Older or inactive women and smaller children need at least three servings of vegetables and two servings of fruit. Growing kids, teen girls, most men and active women should eat at least four servings of vegetables and three servings of fruit every day. Teen boys and active men should eat at least five servings of vegetables and four servings of fruit every day. Unfortunately many people fail to eat even the minimum suggested level of five servings of fruits or vegetables each day.

Here are some typical serving sizes for fruits and vegetables:

Fruits

one banana
    six strawberries
    two plums
    fifteen grapes
    one apple
    one peach
    one-half cup of orange or other fruit juice
    Vegetables
    five broccoli florets
    ten baby carrots
    one Roma tomato
    3/4 cup tomato juice
    3/4 cup vegetable juice
    half of a baked sweet potato
    one ear of corn
    four slices of an onion
    You may notice that serving sizes on the Nutrition Facts Label of packaged fruits and vegetables are not always the same size as the one-half cup serving size that the USDA has set for the food pyramid. Some frozen vegetable blends for example may list the serving size as 3/4 cup, which would meet one and one half cups of your vegetable need for the day.

LOVED THIS!!! Thanks for posting! :0)