Lose 5 Pounds a Month September 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• nae1964
    Options
    I have lost 6.5 in three weeks and I am so excited. I can lose 5 more in Sept. Feel great too!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Did a bit of jogging last night, just downloaded c25k for my iPhone. Can't wait to start. I used to lOve jogging... Hope that helps me
    shred off some weight.
  • i_can_do_it24
    Options
    I am ready and willing
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I calculated the change in my BMI, based on the 6 pounds I lost in August...
    I started the month at 28.2, and ended the month at 27.1.
    If I lose another 5 pounds this month, I'll be at 26.2...
    Getting closer and closer to 25...
    YAY!

Woohoo!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Did a bit of jogging last night, just downloaded c25k for my iPhone. Can't wait to start. I used to lOve jogging... Hope that helps me
    shred off some weight.

Keep us posted on C25K! I am doing it, too!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    starting weight (8/26)- 146.6
    goal weight- 141.6

My real goal for the month is to lose 4 pounds, but what the heck. Why not go for five and join this challenge?!
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im in
  • MonaLisa911
    Options
    I'm in...My motto is Girls workout....WOMEN TRAIN! Let's go at hard yall!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Rough week, ladies!

Time for some honesty-- I have attended one class since school started 2 weeks ago. This week, I have been overeating everyday. I have not been exercising, and I have all out binged twice. Before this week, it had been months and months since I have done that.

I am struggling! Ever had so much on your plate that you just didn't do ANY of it? That is where I am at. I am buckling, choking, whatever you want to call it. While focusing on my LSAT, I realize there is NO WAY I will get my score where I want it to be in a month so I am postponing my test. This will put law school off for an entire year, but it is a difference between going to a mediocre school with the possibility of some scholarship money and going to a top school with substantial scholarship money. I made the final decision last night. Despite feeling relieved of that burden, I binged big time.

Today is a new day. I am starting it with nothing on my plate but 12 hours (less than I have ever taken any other semester) and improving my health. I feel good about it! My weigh in tomorrow probably won't be good but I am prepared for that.

Sorry for unloading on you guys! It feels good to get it off my chest and to be around people who understand. I am sure a lot of you have done the emotional binging before and know how crummy it feels. Having a place to talk to about it--- healing!
  • shevanity
    shevanity Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Last month was busy but I looking forward to closing in on my goal in Sep.

Sept: 1st = 131
    Sept. 9 =
    Sept 16 =
    Sept 23 =
    Sept 30 =
  • rure13
    Options
    I'm in (:
    Sept 1 - 168
    Sept 9 -
    Sept 16 -
    Sept 23 -
    Sept 30 -
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sept 2: 215.6
    Sept 9:
    Sept 16:
    Sept 23:
    Sept 30:
  • jerridavis2
    Options
    I'm in! :) However, I'll be on a cruise from Sept 24 - Oct. 1 so I'll give final weigh in on Oct. 2. My last cruise in May I lost 3 lbs, so I am hopeful! :-D

Sept 1 Weight - 262

Sept 30 Goal - 257
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Was so busy in August that I wasn't on much, but I think September will be a slower work month for me. I hope!

Today I am 149! I will be very happy if I never see 150 again. :bigsmile:

How are you all doing?

Weigh in

9/2/11: 149
    9/9/11:
    9/16/11:
    9/23/11
    9/30/11:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Food Challenge for this long weekend:

STAY ON TRACK!

Sounds easy, will probably be very hard. The last long weekend of summer.

Motivational Advice if you do fall off the wagon.

GET RIGHT BACK ON. DON'T WAIT A DAY BUT ADMIT YOU FELL OFF AND GET RIGHT BACK ON.

Remember, new habits (especially eating ones) take a very long time to become habits. It takes practice to be a healthy eater.

Have an awesome weekend!

Terri
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    I'm definitely in on this one.

September 2-257 lbs.
  • andersn1974
    andersn1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too.....
  • kaylynn54
    Options
    I guess that I should have posted my weight. My current weight is 224, so I guess that I will be aiming for 219 by the end of September. At least I will finally be under 220!!!! ( knock wood) :happy:
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. It helps to have a buddy. Even though I run 6 days a week still have the 'love handle'. Aynone have a suggestion???? I already lift and run so obviously need something else.
  • SureLee
    SureLee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thnkx!

4672768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods