"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Disappointing loss in the Conference Finals last night. Gotta win Wednesday or else.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, dumbell flat bench, machine flyes, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Tacos.
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Cardio: None

Strength: Back
    Deadlifts - 2 plates for 8, 3 plates for 6 and 2 sets of 180kg for 3 reps.
    Wide Grip Pull-ups - 4 sets of 10, strict form, no swing. Coming to a complete stop at the bottom of the movement, chin over bar. May add weight next week and go for less reps.
    Wide Grip Pulldowns - 4 sets of 6 @ 255'lb. Had a spot for last few reps. Will go heavier next week.
    Bent Over Rows - 4 sets of 6 @ 100kg. Was manageable, could have gone heavier.
    Neutral Grip Pulldowns - 4 sets of 10 @ 180'lb. Concentrating on the squeeze at the bottom of the movement and really stretching up. Had a spot for the last few reps.
    Horizontal Row - Used the ropes for this, kept it light for 3 sets of 10-12 reps. Felt this at the very bottom of my lats, which is the part I feel I need to work on the most.

Assessment: Was a tough workout, perhaps because chest was so good the day before. Diet was on point, feeling good. Movie night tonight!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. My BIL and niece come in tonight and the Warriors play at home. Anxious for this game.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulder- military presses, side laterals, bent over rear laterals, front laterals. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Wide Grip Pull-ups - 4 sets of 10, strict form, no swing. Coming to a complete stop at the bottom of the movement, chin over bar. May add weight next week and go for less reps.
    Wide Grip Pulldowns - 4 sets of 6 @ 255'lb. Had a spot for last few reps. Will go heavier next week.
    Neutral Grip Pulldowns - 4 sets of 10 @ 180'lb. Concentrating on the squeeze at the bottom of the movement and really stretching up. Had a spot for the last few reps.
    Horizontal Row - Used the ropes for this, kept it light for 3 sets of 10-12 reps. Felt this at the very bottom of my lats, which is the part I feel I need to work on the most.

Assessment: Was a tough workout, perhaps because chest was so good the day before. Diet was on point, feeling good. Movie night tonight!
    Beast workout! Did I tell you I used to compete in bodybuilding back in the late 80's?

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. My BIL and niece come in tonight and the Warriors play at home. Anxious for this game.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulder- military presses, side laterals, bent over rear laterals, front laterals. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak last night.
  • hassankarimi82
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

Beast workout! Did I tell you I used to compete in bodybuilding back in the late 80's?

Awesome dude! Looking to compete next year now, left it too late for this year. Any tips would be great.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Another good session with my trainer. He's really helping me figure out how to get back where I want after two injuries.

Cardio: 15 min run after workout.

Strength: 20 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, planks, pushups, decline situps, back estensions, hanging leg lifts, walking bicep curls/pistols/overhand, physio ball bridges and pikes and stairmaster. 45 min training session including 3X15 DB Dead Lift w/30/30, 3X12 floor press w/45, 3X10 inverted row, 3X10 leg press w/400, 3X12 leg reach side and back, 2X10 chest fly w/10/10, 2X12 cable row w/rotation w/20 and 15 bosu squats .

Assessment: We had steak for dinner last night too!

Happy Hump Day everyone! Keep up the good work! B)
  • hassankarimi82
    Options
    Morning,

Strength: Arms
    E-Z Bar Incline Skull Crushers- Warm up set, one plate for 12 reps followed by 4 sets of 8 reps @ 52kg. Heaviest I've ever done. Will try an extra 5kg next week.
    Single Arm Dumbbell Concentration Curls - 4 sets of 6 @ 45lb. Again, heaviest I've done. Strict form. Full extension (arm straight) at the bottom of the movement, full squeeze at the top. Had a spot to force the last few reps.
    Standing V-Bar Tricep Pushdowns - 12,10,8,6 reps, finishing on 120lb. Spot on final set to force reps.
    Single Arm Dumbbell, Incline Bench, Bicep Curls - 4 sets of 8 reps per arm. This really hurt my biceps. Back and shoulders flat against the bench, full extension of the arm and full squeeze, 2-1-2 tempo @ 30lb.
    Chin-ups and Press-ups - Superset finish, 2 sets of failure. Strict form on chin-ups, & making a 'diamond' shape with your hands for the press-ups.

Assessment: Really happy with the weight progression. Biceps are especially sore (they were burning in the night). Diet was on point, slept well. Looking forward to legs tonight!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning only. Tonight is the last concert of the year for my daughter's band, so no clients tonight! And what a win by the Warriors last night!

Cardio: biking riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Ribs last night!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good morning Gang!

Cardio/Strength: PIYO Full Body Blast
    Strength: FBS Shoulders
    this is week 4 of FBS and tomorrow will be the last workout of this 4 weeks program, browsing muscles and fitness for another workout to do. love new workout programs to try!

Nutrition: was better yesterday, I have been going totally stray diet wise last few weeks, but checking the weight, seems stray time has not caused any damage! benefits of working out!
  • hassankarimi82
    Options
    Morning! Glad its Friday, busy week at work.

Strength: Legs
    Leg Press - 7 plates for 12, 9 plates for 10 and 2 sets of 10 plates for 8 reps. 400kg, the heaviest I've gone, mainly because I was scared. But, it felt good. Had a spot there just in case, but I managed.
    Leg Curl - Heavy, 4 sets of 6. Coming to a full stop after every rep, and full contraction at the top. Spot for last few reps.
    Leg Extension - Heavy, 4 sets of 6. Coming to a full stop after every rep, and full contraction/pause at the top. Spot for last few reps.
    Sissy Squat on Hack Squat - Kept it light @ 40kg. 4 sets of 10. Really difficult exercise to execute. Stretching the quad out to the bottom of the plate, so knees are almost touching the bottom, and pressing up on your toes. Burns like hell.
    Smith Squat - 100kg for 6-10 reps, 4 sets. Really concentrating on squeezing my quads at the top of the movement for that extra burn. Had a spot in case of failure.
    Calf Raises - On the weighted machine. 10 heavy, 10 body weight, 10 half of your heavy weight - then hold for as long as possible on your toes - 30 secs to a minute for the burn. 3 sets of this - 90 reps in total.

Assessment: Not as good a leg session as Sunday. Gym was busy, so couldn't start with squats as usual, but pressed more on the leg press, plus didn't have time for lunges. Didn't get the usual 'pump' in my legs either. Felt fatigued, so had extra oats n' whey for supper. Feeling good today, shoulders tonight.
  • ninerbuff
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Morning! Glad its Friday, busy week at work.

Strength: Legs
    Leg Press - 7 plates for 12, 9 plates for 10 and 2 sets of 10 plates for 8 reps. 400kg, the heaviest I've gone, mainly because I was scared. But, it felt good. Had a spot there just in case, but I managed.
    Leg Curl - Heavy, 4 sets of 6. Coming to a full stop after every rep, and full contraction at the top. Spot for last few reps.
    Leg Extension - Heavy, 4 sets of 6. Coming to a full stop after every rep, and full contraction/pause at the top. Spot for last few reps.
    Sissy Squat on Hack Squat - Kept it light @ 40kg. 4 sets of 10. Really difficult exercise to execute. Stretching the quad out to the bottom of the plate, so knees are almost touching the bottom, and pressing up on your toes. Burns like hell.
    Smith Squat - 100kg for 6-10 reps, 4 sets. Really concentrating on squeezing my quads at the top of the movement for that extra burn. Had a spot in case of failure.
    Calf Raises - On the weighted machine. 10 heavy, 10 body weight, 10 half of your heavy weight - then hold for as long as possible on your toes - 30 secs to a minute for the burn. 3 sets of this - 90 reps in total.

Assessment: Not as good a leg session as Sunday. Gym was busy, so couldn't start with squats as usual, but pressed more on the leg press, plus didn't have time for lunges. Didn't get the usual 'pump' in my legs either. Felt fatigued, so had extra oats n' whey for supper. Feeling good today, shoulders tonight.
    I teach my clients how to do Sissy's on the Smith. I use a stepper, have them put their heels on it, toes on the floor, hold a plate and use the bar for balance. Try it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePR0yhjH7M4

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy LCW and TGIF! 4 clients this morning, yard duty, then off to Vallejo to my cousins wedding!!! It's gonna be fun!

Cardio: biking 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: core

Assessment: McDonald's last night because my DD had her concert.
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Happy Friday All,

Strength: Fat-Busting Supersets: Back and Traps, done! this program is complete! starting a new lifting program called spring clean workout from muscles and fitness on Monday.

Nutrition: spot on! funny how two days of good IIFYM, resets the weight! back to my original weight. :)
  • luluinca
    Options
    TGIF and have a great weekend everyone! I did a repeat of Wednesday's workout and my trainer gave me workouts for Sunday and Monday since I'm doing back to back strength training days once a week now.

Cardio: 10 min run.

Strength: 20 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, planks, pushups, decline situps, back estensions, hanging leg lifts, walking bicep curls/pistols/overhand, physio ball bridges and pikes and stairmaster. 55 min training session including 3X15 shoulder rotations w/7, 3X10 tricep pushdown w/40, 3X15 DB Dead lift w/30/30, 3X12 floor press w/45, 3X10 inverted row, 3X10 leg press w/400, 3X12 leg reach side and back, 3X10 chest fly w/10/10, 3X12 cable row w/rotation w/20 and 15 bosu squats.

Assessment: Going out to dinner tonight with friends so eating a little light today to make up for it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Cardio, then kick it a bit, then off to Vallejo again for a family party.

Cardio: biking- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: My cousin's wedding was so bomb! I had steak and vegetables for my entree, but ended up dancing 1.5 hours to some bad *kitten* old school (90's hip hop) to burn it off! My knee felt fine!
  • taadaalaa
    taadaalaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm new to all this I climb , run mountain bike , scramble . I'm looking for some serious motivation to loose the last 3 stone I got down to 11-1 now jus need help :)
  • luluinca
    Options
    Barely got in a little cardio this afternoon but back to the gym in the morning.

Cardio: A walk/run on the horse trail with the dog for about 45 minutes. She was so happy!

Strength: Tomorrow.

Assessment: Went out to dinner last night and blew it I guess but back on track today and gym day tomorrow with some turkey soup!
  • MJFSH
    Options
    welcome @taadaalaa
    physical activity is great! helps keep you fit and also helps with the mood, but to lose weight, you really need to work the nutrition. for me, IIFYM was the way to achieve my weight goal, I get to enjoy all the food I want, and still lose weight, downside for it, is the need to weigh the food you eat and log it in, but it is well worth it in the long run. my two cents. :)
    Today is Sunday and I don't train on the weekends, so no cardio or strength workout for me,
    Nutrition, has been good.
  • luluinca
    Options
    My trainer gave me a nice arm workout to do today. I'm still nursing the strength back in my shoulder but it's feeling stronger.

Cardio: 10 min bike and 15 min run.

Strength: 20 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, wall squat, static lunges, renegade rows, side planks, physio ball planks and bridges, decline situps and hanging leg raises. 55 min strength training including 3X10 DB floor press w/20/20, 3X10 single arm bench row w/32.5, 3X10 seated bicep curl w/15/15, 3X10 prone tricep extensions w/12.5/12.5, 3X10 bar curl w/30, 3X10 pulldown w/60, 3X10 rope extensions w/30, 3X10 cable fly w/7/7, 3X10 seated cable chest press w/25 and 3X10 outer thigh w/60.

Assessment: Turkey burgers last night and turkey noodle soup tonight.

Keep up the good work everyone!