"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    HHD All,

Cardio: PIYO Hardcore on the floor

Strength: none

Diet: need to be more careful, my boys graduation party tomorrow, friend's wedding on the weekend, need to look presentable!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Had a rest day yesterday.

Cardio: 10 min run after workout.

Strength: 15 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, goblet squats, physio ball pikes and bridges, forearm plank, side shurgs, decline situp and hanging leg lifts. 10 min shoulder rehab. 60 min strength training including 60 min strength training including 3X15 DB Dead lift w/30/30, 3X12 floor press w/45, 3X10 inverted row, 4X10 leg press w/220/310/400/470, 3X12 leg reach side and back, 3X10 chest fly w/10/10, 3X10 cable fly w/10/10, 3X10 cable wood chops w/30, 3X10 snatch and press w/25, 3X10 cable shoulder rotation w/reach, 3X10 outer thigh w/60, 3X10 prone leg extension w/50.

Assessment: Hubby is back in deficit mode as he's gained about 10 lbs due to being sick and inactive, eating comfort food, and so we're back in the zone. I'm not really trying to lose any weight right now but I'll do what he does to support his efforts and cook what he wants.

Happy Hump Day!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning and 3 tonight. 1st game of NBA FINALS tonight! GO DUBS!!!

Cardio: biking riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: My DD had open house last night so we ate out.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy LCW and TGIF! 4 clients this morning. Afternoon off so I'll just kick it.

Cardio: biking 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: core

Assessment: Panda Express. I usually get the Terriyaki chicken with no sauce and some rice.
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Happy Friday Gang!

I'm done with PIYO, YEAY!!!!

Strength: SCW Day 12/ 28 done!

Nutrition has been so bad, even my guts are complaining, one more terrible eating tomorrow and i will have to take better care of my guts!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Have a make up session for client this morning. Short workout then some tree trimming today.

Cardio: biking- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Ate Pho last night.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Missed both my workouts Thurs and Fri but got the dog out for a nice run this morning. Hopefully I'll make it to the gym tomorrow!

Cardio: 32 min run, 9 min walk. Also swimming laps in a little while...........20 min laps and 10 treading water.

Strength: Not today.

Assessment: Eating light around here because hubby is still not feeling well.

Have great weekend everyone!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Had a nice morning at the gym getting things done and then a swim at home.

Cardio: 30 min swimming.

Strength: 20 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, goblet squat, static lunges, renegade rows, side planks, physio ball planks and bridges, decline situps, hanging leg raises and stairmaster. 10 min shoulder rehab. 55 min strength training including 3X10 DB floor press w/20/20, 3X10 single arm bench row w/35, 3X10 seated bicep curl w/15/15, 3X10 prone tricep extensions w/12.5/12.5, 3X10 bar curl w/30, 3X10 pulldown w/60, 3X10 tricep extensions w/40, 2X10 TRX single leg squat, 2X10 hip swing, 2X10 VIPR SL DL and bent over row w/12 KG, 2X10 sumo squat w/25kg KB, 2X10 VIPR curl and OHP w/12 KG and 3X10 outer thigh w/60.

Assessment: A movie this afternoon and then Chinese but keeping it light.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. Grocery shopping today and just yard duty.

Cardio: stairmaster- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- high pulldowns, one arm rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pushdowns. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Watched the Warriors yesterday and kept my calories under control! What a great drubbing of Cleveland!!
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!!!

Cardio: Jump rope( for warm up)

Strength: Spring Clean your workout, day 15/28 (dumbbells clean and press, back squats, chin ups, single leg press, overhead shoulder press, hang clean, front squats, push press, front squats, Romanian deadlift and bent over row)

Nutrition: Wedding was on Saturday, partied like a beast! you get to do that, when you workout like a beast! haha
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Welcome to the Tough Love Fitness Club or otherwise known as the TLFC! This is a SERIOUS club where members have chosen exercise to help with weight loss and eventually use it as maintenance to keep the weight off. I expect a certain format of posting so that it is easier for me to go over your workout and assess if you need to make any adjustments to make it more effective. So this is how you post a workout:

Cardio: what you did, for how long and how many calories did you burn.

Strength: what exercises performed, how many sets and how many reps per set

Assessment: how you did on your food and water, how you feel overall and any other info you want to add.

You MUST know the name of the exercises you perform. This not only makes it easy to know what you did, but gives you knowledge, how to perform it correctly and how it affects the body part it's intended to work. Here is a link to learn the exercise names:

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

Just click on the body part and it will show you the exercise names and video of how to perform it correctly. Really pay attention to the form because it will help to prevent injury and also you will get the best results from correct form.

I'd like to start this if I can. Had shoulder injury in December, on the mend to full recovery thanks to physio! I find I bounce around, I read up on the pros & cons of programs, exercises and it just overwhelms me. I try to keep it basic (basic meaning what I can do on my level) I am currently on 1500 calories a day: Carbs=120, Fat =40, Protein=91, run 5k every other day (training for an upcoming run on the 18th). I enjoy weights but been focusing too much on the running. I weigh 130 and stand 5'2 1/2 (yes the half makes a difference for me!) I'm pretty flexible for any feedback, but be forewarned I am a shift worker and mom, so I tend to hit the gym when they go to bed on my days off. Thanks! :smiley:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Comms0p wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Welcome to the Tough Love Fitness Club or otherwise known as the TLFC! This is a SERIOUS club where members have chosen exercise to help with weight loss and eventually use it as maintenance to keep the weight off. I expect a certain format of posting so that it is easier for me to go over your workout and assess if you need to make any adjustments to make it more effective. So this is how you post a workout:

Cardio: what you did, for how long and how many calories did you burn.

Strength: what exercises performed, how many sets and how many reps per set

Assessment: how you did on your food and water, how you feel overall and any other info you want to add.

You MUST know the name of the exercises you perform. This not only makes it easy to know what you did, but gives you knowledge, how to perform it correctly and how it affects the body part it's intended to work. Here is a link to learn the exercise names:

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

Just click on the body part and it will show you the exercise names and video of how to perform it correctly. Really pay attention to the form because it will help to prevent injury and also you will get the best results from correct form.

I'd like to start this if I can. Had shoulder injury in December, on the mend to full recovery thanks to physio! I find I bounce around, I read up on the pros & cons of programs, exercises and it just overwhelms me. I try to keep it basic (basic meaning what I can do on my level) I am currently on 1500 calories a day: Carbs=120, Fat =40, Protein=91, run 5k every other day (training for an upcoming run on the 18th). I enjoy weights but been focusing too much on the running. I weigh 130 and stand 5'2 1/2 (yes the half makes a difference for me!) I'm pretty flexible for any feedback, but be forewarned I am a shift worker and mom, so I tend to hit the gym when they go to bed on my days off. Thanks! :smiley:
    Sure! Welcome!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Nothing much going on until tomorrow night.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, dumbell flat bench, machine flyes, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak last night.
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Cardio: Running, 10 minutes

Strength: SCW 16/28, high box jumps, Romanian deadlift, incline barbell bench press, leg press, dumbbells single arm row

Nutrition: on point!
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    First Day: not bad

Cardio: gardening 45 min, walking 30 min & cleaning 1hr (ran 5k yesterday)

Strength: break day (did shoulder workout yesterday at the gym so needed something different today)

Assessment: was over 51 cals I think. Not to bado. I don't count my extras for workout. (That may have been my problem before, eating my calories)

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Warriors/Cavaliers game 3 tonight!

Cardio: bike riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulder- military presses, side laterals, bent over rear laterals, front laterals. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork adobo with rice.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Comms0p wrote: »
    First Day: not bad

Cardio: gardening 45 min, walking 30 min & cleaning 1hr (ran 5k yesterday)

Strength: break day (did shoulder workout yesterday at the gym so needed something different today)

Assessment: was over 51 cals I think. Not to bado. I don't count my extras for workout. (That may have been my problem before, eating my calories)
    What's your current calorie intake?

• luluinca
    Options
    Tired this morning and really struggled working with my trainer.............uggghhh. Also had trouble drinking my protein shake beforehand so that really didn't help either. I need to get more sleep and eat more carbs or protein or something.

Cardio: Not really.

Strength: 15 min calisthenics warmup including DB fwd raises, lat raises, bicep curls and hammer curls, good mornings, physio ball pikes and bridges, elevated leg plank, side pulls and stairmaster. 55 min with trainer doing back squats, single leg toe touch curl and press, bar pushups, ball crunch pullover style, vipr lunges, inch worms, sled drag and push, vipr curl and squat, leg reaches. 15 min strength training including outer thigh, tricep pulldown and pushdown and seated row.

Assessment: Turkey meatloaf tonight and I'll try to eat better today.
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Happy hump Day All!!!

Cardio/ Strength: P90X3 CVX done! CVX is cardio with light weight, awesome workout!

Strength: not today, much needed rest day from weights!

Nutrition: perfect!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning and 3 tonight. Man what a drubbing the Warriors took last night. Good thing we were up 2.

Cardio: biking riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Tacos last night.