"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey soldiers,

Just want to thank Doms for dropping by around lunch time today - Always going above & beyond to make me look & feel like a fragile 80 yr old who has problems walking or sitting without grimacing in front of my work mates! Lol
    Haven't had Doms like this in a while and fortunately it's a rest day. Foam rolled when I got home which would have been more beneficial yesterday after that workout.

cardio: Racked up 9926 slow steps

strength: rest day

assessment; Omelette with spinach, shrooms and chilli for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! 3 clients this morning then 4 tonight! Rain and more rain.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot to post yesterday so I'll play a little catch up. Mother nature flipped the switch to winter here in the midwest, dropped from 55-60 to mid 20s since Tuesday. Can definitely feel the change in my sinuses, which is fun. Looking like it should stay at least moderately cold for the next 10 days so I'm hoping my mild congestion is temporary.

Yesterday: Leg day - was short on time but still got in my sets of squats and RDLs. I've been working on improving my squat depth and can feel it in my glutes and hams still. No cardio again, no surprise there. Had leftover burgers from Monday for dinner.

Today: Pull day #2 for the week - again short on time but busted out my sets in 20 fewer minutes than Monday's workout by running everything as a circuit instead of supersets. Deadlifts, Chin ups, Barbell Rows, Pull ups, Hammer curls all in succession. Been looser than I need to be with intake and food choices; trying to reign things in and get back to a consistent deficit.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Picked up a couple of new clients.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Rice and beans.
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    T.G.I.F,

Got taken down by a virus or bug Wednesday arvo. My body was on fire & freezing at the same time, zapped of energy and sore. Head was pounding everytime I moved. Thursday was a complete write off spent in bed having an awesome time then woke up this morning 95% better like nothing happened? How Bizarre.

Anyway skipped today's workout just to give it that extra day for all systems to come back on line but get some steps up to test the waters.

cardio17,755 steps

strength: rest

assessment: Pizza (Purely medicinal lol)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then I'm off! Rain and more rain.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Spaghetti and meatballs.
  • steveko89
    Options
    This week has felt like an eternity. Intake is still too high, scale creeping up, generally dissatisfied with the overall state of being I'm occupying.

Cardio: lol

Strength: Push Day #2 - again couldn't get out of bed on time, wife woke me up to help with the baby at 3, didn't fall back to sleep until after 4, screwed up my sleep cycle for 5am alarm so I cut my second superset (incline bench and push ups) and any shot of any sort of cardio warm up or cool down.
    Flat Bench 4x8 at 185
    OHP 4x4 ascending 95, 115, 135, 135
    DB Lateral Raises 4 x 12 w/ 20s
    DB Tricep Extensions 4x12 w/ 20s

Assessment: My wife impulse bought a dozen panera bagels last Friday, one of which I'd been eating on my way to work. Decided it's not worth the calories and carbs so i swapped out for an apple. Chicken & veggies for dinner tonight. Have an Aunt & Uncle in town for the weekend, seeing them tomorrow night, sounds like pizza for dinner is the plan.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! 2 clients this morning. Drop my DD off for drumline practice and I'll do some cleaning today since it's raining all weekend.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Poke bowl for dinner.
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Happy Monday Soldiers,

Sweating it out in 35 degree (95) heat today, can't complain the rest of the week will be in the 40s (104) with Friday hitting 45 (113). I'll be cooking eggs and bacon on my driveway pretty much.

Given my garage has no air con I'm going to try and get tomorrow's workout in early which I haven't done in a while. Well see how that pans out.

Cardio: Walk 60 mins

Strength:
    BB hybrid deadlift, decline crunches, chin up, DB rotational shoulder press, DB bent over row, DB bench press, skull crushers, 1 leg DB hip thrust, Russian twist.

Assessment:
    Omelette beans, tomatoe & stir fry veg for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 this evening! Back to work and the daily grind!

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Rice and beans last night.
  • steveko89
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend, went by too fast for me. Got in a solid 2 hour lifting workout on Saturday trying out a 10 x 3 rep scheme. I can tell my efforts to improve my squat depth have been effective; still feeling them in my hamstrings quite a bit. Food-wise it was a bit of mixed bag; Friday was right on target (-500), Saturday was a bit over maintenance having pizza with family in town, yesterday was right at maintenance, mostly by choice. Planned to have one of our friends visit for the day to see the baby but she ended up coming later than expected due to weather and made it hard to plan out food correctly. JR slept like a champ Saturday night but no such luck last night. Was a drag to get my workout in this morning but got it done fairly efficiently.

Cardio: n/a, maybe I'll hit the rower some this evening when I set up my weights for tomorrow. I need to get my act together and start doing something extra to drop some of this fluff, starting to flirt with 180 again and I don't like how it feels.

Strength: Pull Day #1 - Deadlifts, Curls, Pull-ups, DB and Barbell Rows
    Week 3 of the periodization plan I've been doing, four sets/3 reps ascending weight for the main lifts this week. Next week I'll need to make sure I give myself plenty of time for my workouts; calling for 10 rep sets, starting low but moving to 80-90% of working max for the final set which sounds brutal.

Assessment: My weekday routine fosters better/easier compliance than weekdays, of which I'm in dire need. Kale salad with baked chicken breast for dinner tonight.
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Hey soldiers,

Kicking off Tuesday with a 4.30am workout session and felt pumped throughout the day although got a little shady after 3pm.

Cardio: Assault bike 10/20x8

Strength; DB rows, Lat pull downs, squats, bicep curls, crunches, push ups, RDL

Assessment; Omelette with tomatoes for dinner.
  • steveko89
    Options
    Good night sleeping for the baby. Not yet going straight through but had some longer stretches and went to sleep and back to sleep easily. Knocked out Push Day #1 for the week this morning. Decent calorie day yesterday, scale dropped and got my average moving back in the right direction.

Cardio: short spin bike and battle ropes warm-up before lifting, just enough to get blow flowing a little bit.

Strength: Push Day #1, Week 3 of Wolverine Periodization PPL plan
    Flat Bench - 135 x 10 warmup, 185 x 5, 205 x 4, 235 x 3, 235 x 3, 135 x 10
    Overhead Press - 4 sets 95 x 8
    DB lateral Raises - 4 sets 20s x 12
    DB Tricep Extensions - 4 sets 20s x 12

Assessment: Taco Tuesday tonight.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning and then 4 tonight! Just a regular day today.

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lasagne and meat sauce.

• steveko89
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, all. Working from home for a bit this morning, Dr appointment with the Mrs. at 11am, then into the office for the afternoon. Trying to get the baby to sleep last night I happened upon a few Olympic/Powerlifting hashtag on IG and it got me feeling small and weak. Once I got Jr to sleep I hit the basement for a second lifting session of the day, mostly benching, which felt great. This morning I didn't quite get up earlier enough to workout and slept a little funny on my back so I skipped my legs workout today, I'll just make sure I hit them on Saturday. Feel like I've turned into a meme of your typical gym bro; went out of my way to get more benching in, then promptly skipped leg day.

Cardio: might be able to squeeze some rowing in later

Strength: aforementioned rest day

Assessment: Ended up having another Kale/Chicken Caesar salad for dinner last night and pushed Tacos to tonight
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 3 clients this morning then 4 tonight! Major storm today, so lots of rain.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Three cheese ziti with meatballs.

• Skee_2802
    Options
    Happy Thursday but wishing it was Friday!

Another 4.30am workout session this morning to avoid the over like temps (42 degrees) this afternoon. Then a side mission to get my car serviced before heading to work. I could get use to these early starts but remembered im not a morning person.

Cardio: Aside from some stretches to warm up this old rig no real cardio but will be aiming to hit 17k with steps by end of day.

Strength:
    Elevated DB leaning reverse lunges, Ab Rollout, Lat Pulldown, One arm BB Press, Underhand grip smith bar row, DB bench press, Leg Ext, DB plank Row, DB Kickbacks = 4 sets / 10 - 15 reps.

Assessment:
    In the mood for Thai for dinner but depending on this heat will probably settle for eggs.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Training a couple of new clients today and later just catch up on shows I DVRd.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Three cheese ziti.

• steveko89
    Options
    Was up late last night getting my Squats workout in after putting the baby to sleep. Staying up late to workout two nights in a row caught up with me as I slept straight through my alarms and miraculously woke up in time to get to the office. Have to decide if I'll try to lift both tonight and tomorrow morning.

Cardio: n/a

Strength: TBD, likely Push workout #2 tonight before bed.

Assessment: impulse bought some sushi for lunch yesterday when picking things up at the grocery. Followed up with Tacos for dinner so definitely a higher calorie day than I planned. Pizza with wife's family tonight.
  • steveko89
    Options
    Happy Friday, all. Got my second push workout in last night and quickturned for an abbreviated pull workout #2 this morning. Feeling a little run-down and it's showing on my lifting numbers. Was feeling good initially this morning so I upped the weight on my last two deadlift sets to 385 from the 340 I had programmed. First pull was a little rough but happened, could barely get the second off the floor and was done. Lower weight/higher rep week planned for next week as programmed in that Wolverine Periodization cycle I found. We'll see if I restart the cycle or go back to more of a straight-set approach.

Cardio: n/a

Strength: Pull Workout #2; Deadlifts, Pull ups, Bent Over Rows - four sets knocked out in about 25 minutes

Assessment: Feeling chonky after pizza last night, light breakfast, catered lunch meeting at work, breakfast-for-dinner tonight hunkering in for a cold and wet weekend.