"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Made it to Friday. Took PTO but still did 2-3 hours of work. Did get my double workout in as planned. There seems to be an outside chance we'll get to go home Sunday night but I'm not counting on it, more likely Monday if all goes well so I'll probably be radio silence until at least that point.

Cardio: n/a other than the multiple trips loading stuff in the car. My wife packed like we're going on vacation instead of the hospital for 2-3 days.

Strength: Combo Workout
    Superset #1:
    Squats - 4 sets - 325 x 3
    OHP - 4 sets - 115 x 8
    Lateral Raises - 4 sets - 15s x 12
    Chin Ups - 4 sets - BW x 12
    Superset #2:
    Flat Bench - 4 sets - 185 x 12, 9, 11, 12
    Deadlift - 4 sets - 345 x 1, then went for a PR of 400 lbs and hit it (mixed grip)
    Pull Ups - 4 sets - BW x 12
    DB Curls - 4 sets - 35s x 6/arm

Assessment: Mrs. bought donuts for breakfast at the grocery yesterday since we were both home from work, had those with coffee and watched the Avengers 4 trailer. Protein shake around lunch/workout, Chipotle for dinner. Who knows what food is going to look like over the next few days while we're here.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! 2 clients this morning. Watched Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday with my DD. Now to watch how the playoffs go in my FFL league since I have a bye this week.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Hot dog for dinner last night.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 tonight! New week and time to focus more on keeping weight in check.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 4 this evening. Just work.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and rice.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 3 clients this morning then 4 tonight! Daughter has winter concert tonight!

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Concert was good last night! Proud of the kids!

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then I'm off! Time to finish Christmas shopping.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Homemade hamburger.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! 2 clients this morning. Have a friends Christmas party to attend.

Assessment: Pizza for dinner.
  • steveko89
    Happy Saturday, all. Last weekend went well and it's been a bit of a blur this past week with the new baby. Everyone happy and healthy, came back home Monday afternoon. Had to guess quite a bit when logging at the hospital and food options have been a little erratic since we got home with family bringing us foods, etc. Scale moving in the right direction, down to 175.1 by moving average. My skulpt scanner says I'm down to 12.2% body fat, which is fun. A little work to get back down to 170 and I think I'll be in a decent spot to finally start a lean bulk. Fit in a few workouts this week; Tuesday, Thursday, and today with an Upper, Lower, and double.

Cardio: short warm-up before lifting; combo of spin bike, rowing machine, treadmill. few minutes on the heavy bag between supersets too.

Strength: Full body lifting session - Squats, OHP, weighted chin-ups, and DB shoulder flies as one superset, Bench, Deadlift, weighted pull-ups, and curls as the second. In/out in 90 minutes which I thought was pretty solid.

Assessment: lower on protein than I like but a decent day overall. Sister-in-law brought us a ziti casserole earlier in the week, finished that for dinner tonight.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 tonight! Short week for school before the break. And I'm in the FFL Finals in my league!!!!!!!

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi last night.

• steveko89
    First full day back at work to break up staying home with the Mrs. and new baby. Miraculously got up on time to do my workout this morning before work; Upper Body Hypertrophy (PHUL). Yesterday was a pretty standard Sunday rest day. Didn't watch much football with the Bengals being so bad and decimated by injury, and my primary FFL team out of the playoffs.

Cardio: n/a

Strength: Flat Bench, Bent Over Rows, Curls, Tricep extensions, Overhead Press, and Pullups.

Assessment: breakfast-for-dinner last night, unsure what the plan is for tonight. Guessing we'll end up doing something with my in-laws who the wife will likely call for reinforcements this afternoon.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 4 this evening. Just work.

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho for dinner.
  • steveko89
    Day at the office went fine yesterday, back to working partial days from home. Got my workout in this morning fine, looking forward to tomorrow's Upper Body Power day and new weight plates coming Thursday.

Cardio: n/a

Strength: Lower Body Hypertrophy
    Back Squats, Sumo Deadlifts, Calf Raises, Standard Deadlifts, and Front Squats. Sumos and Front Squats are newer movements for me so I'm getting a hang of the form there.

Assessment: Picked up Thai & Sushi for dinner on the way home last night, have leftovers from that for dinner tonight.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 3 clients this morning then 4 tonight! Daughter has winter concert tonight!

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner.
  • steveko89
    Pediatrician follow-up with little man this morning and dentist appointment for me this afternoon. Good workout early this morning

Cardio: n/a other than too many trips up and down the stairs.

Strength: Upper Body Power - Bench, Barbell Rows, tricep extensions, curls, Overhead Press, Incline Bench, Weighted pull-ups.

Assessment: Chicken & Rice for dinner tonight. I keep saying I'm going to do more cardio (spin bike, rowing machine, treadmill, run outside in the unseasonably warm sun) but I just can't seem to make myself do it, or do it for more than a few minutes if I actually start out of a combination of boredom and distaste for the activity when compared to lifting. Unsure how to break that cycle or just need to put my big boy pants on and make myself do it.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Last day of school for the year for the kid.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice!

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then I'm off! Haircut then final gifts for Christmas to finish off!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice again!
  • steveko89
    Skipped intentional exercise and posting yesterday. Did some major tidying of the basement late Wednesday night and my new weight plates arrived so I wasn't a complete sloth but it just wasn't in the cards schedule-wise to get my second leg day in. Made up for it today with a full body workout this morning.

Cardio: Actually warmed up with some rowing and spin bike action. Wasn't really keeping track of time or speed, just wanting to get loose. Probably didn't go long enough on either for tangible benefit but it was something.

Strength: Full Body lifting; Hit all my main lifts
    Squat ss w/ Bent over rows and pull-ups
    Deadlfit ss w/ Overhead press
    Bench ss w/ curls

Assessment: Have been eating poorly with the baby and people insisting on "let us bring you guys something". Don't get me wrong, it's nice but the scale disagrees.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! 2 clients this morning. House cleanup and watching some football today. FFL finals baby and hoping to win first place!

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then off to my sisters tonight to celebrate XMAS with my parents and family! All yesterday all I did was watch football because of my FFL championship. I'm up by 4.5 points and still have Cook tonight but he has McManus.

Assessment: Panda Express last night.