"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Welcome Safari Gal and mcemino2
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 tonight! Bought my Star Wars tickets yesterday! Haven't missed an opening day since 1977!

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Keilbasa and rice yesterday.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Welcome Safari Gal and mcemino2

😊 thanks @ninerbuff !
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Wednesday done.

Cardio:none

Strength:
    shoulder press machine
    chest press machine
    reverse fly machine
    pec fly machine
    tricep pushdown cable
    front pulldown cable
    bicep curl dumbell
    front raise dumbell
    lateral raise dumbell
    bicep curl barbell
    lat pulldown
    barbell row

Assessment:Calories under my goal for the day. Just started at a new gym, still getting used to their equipment, trying to incorporate more free weights.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Wednesday done.

Strength:
    shoulder press machine
    chest press machine
    reverse fly machine
    pec fly machine
    tricep pushdown cable
    front pulldown cable
    bicep curl dumbell
    front raise dumbell
    lateral raise dumbell
    bicep curl barbell
    lat pulldown
    barbell row

Assessment:Calories under my goal for the day. Just started at a new gym, still getting used to their equipment, trying to incorporate more free weights.
    One thing I teach my clients is that you always do the largest muscle first in any workout due to the fact that energy is highest at the beginning of a workout. So do BACK first and then shoulders and then arms. That way you can use more resistance doing back exercises before you're fatigued. Try it!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Lol, gonna be in the high 80's today. While everyone else in the country probably suffers from bad weather. Part of the reason I love living in California.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Shrimp rolls for dinner.
  • mcemino2
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Wednesday done.

Strength:
    shoulder press machine
    chest press machine
    reverse fly machine
    pec fly machine
    tricep pushdown cable
    front pulldown cable
    bicep curl dumbell
    front raise dumbell
    lateral raise dumbell
    bicep curl barbell
    lat pulldown
    barbell row

One thing I teach my clients is that you always do the largest muscle first in any workout due to the fact that energy is highest at the beginning of a workout. So do BACK first and then shoulders and then arms. That way you can use more resistance doing back exercises before you're fatigued. Try it!

Thanks. That's not the order I do everything, just the way my app has them listed. I try to do the heavier, larger muscle groups first, but sometimes depends on how busy the gym is.
  • mcemino2
    Options
    Thursday done!

Cardio:93 minutes roller skating, 834 calories.

Strength:none

Assessment:Definitely dragging today, ate too much between work and skating just to get some energy back.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then one client in the afternoon. DD has pep band tonight so I got the evening to myself.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Too lazy to cook, so I got McDonald's last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning. DD's got her 2nd competition today in Pleasanton.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: IHOP last night. I had a double BLT.

• mcemino2
    Options
    Rest day Friday.
  • mcemino2
    Options
    Saturday done!

Strength:
    reverse fly machine
    pec fly machine
    triceps pushdown cable
    front pulldown cable
    barbell row
    lat pulldown cable
    bicep curl dumbell
    front raise dumbell
    overhead press barbell
    lateral raise dumbell
    bicep curl barbell
    bench press barbell
    bench press dumbell

Assessment:Ate too much again, weekends are tough.
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

I was just going to pop in and give @ninerbuff props for this thread, and his dedication to keep his format going even through the periods when it's slow or even just him. And as someone who did post on this thread for a while, I can only explain why I don't any more, and I'm sure everyone has differing reasons.

In my case, I had more time on my hands for a period and was posting. That changed, as did some of my workout habits. I found I was getting a bit obsessive about certain goals with workout time, logging, etc., to the point that it became a little too restrictive too me. So I changed things up, log less, freak out about goals less, don't record every workout, etc. And though I've slipped some and let my weight creep a little bit, it's still under control. But see, that's just ME. What works best for you or the next person might differ, but as long as they get where they are going it's all good.

I'm actually surprised it's not a busier thread. The long term dedication, great advice, support and purpose of the thread are a great inspiration to many I'm sure. I know I was popping in just to remind @ninerbuff that I've appreciated it, and to show some respect for his dedication.

Hi Robert, thanks for your feedback. I’m hoping that the extra activity will help draw others to this thread, it’s too good to not be supported.

Joe, will be back on track Tuesday. Had to make an unscheduled trip and getting back tomorrow. Looks like you’ve been having some fun this past week! Congrats to your DD👍🏼

• mcemino2
    Options
    Sunday done!

Cardio:205 minutes and 1,337 calories roller skating.

Strength:none

Assessment:Pizza!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 this evening! 7-0!!! The 49ers are killin' it! And my DD's band took 2nd this week in a tough division! So proud of these kids and all the work they've put in!

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chops and rice for dinner.
  • mcemino2
    Options
    Monday down!

Strength:
    Deadlift smith machine
    Bent over row smith machine
    Lat pulldown cable
    Seated row cable
    Bench press barbell
    Shrug smith machine
    Squat barbell
    Overhead press barbell

Assessment:New PR for deadlift, 305x2
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning and then 4 tonight. Starting to cool off here now. Hopefully the fires get under control too.

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho for dinner last night.
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    4 hours of housework, hubby was too busy to clean while I was away :/ ! Tomorrow I'm declaring freedom and taking a nice long walk!
  • mcemino2
    Options
    Tuesday done!

Nothing useful accomplished. Dragging after work and had some outside chores to do at home before possible freeze this week. Didn't have enough energy left to go back out to the gym.

Guess I will call it a rest day:)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 tonight! A bit cooler again today. Temperature swings fast in the Bay Area.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chops and rice.