"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Thursday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups = 3x10

Spiderman push-ups: 2x5

Bicep curls = 1x8x20lb, 2x6x20lb

Hammer curls: 3x5x20lb

Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10.

Abs/back: 3x20 scissor kicks, 3x15 abdominal raises. 2x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x10x10lb front lateral raise.
    Now a good upper body workout! Cudos.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! Finally have a day with only one client and some time to myself! Plan to do a good workout and get into me today. Probably will box today too.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: My eating has sucked all week. That's why weight has been at a standstill.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, all! I'm enjoying some beautiful spring-like weather.

Cardio: 45 of jogging, mixed pace.

Food: Over yesterday, so will be on it today!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Kickboxing this morning then later off to my cousin's baby shower! Every weekend till summer we're doing something with family or close friends!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I'm gearing up for dieting down harder once the weekend is over!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Niner: sounds like a BUSY Spring!

Sunday: Softball practice for an hour. Gads, I was uncoordinated today. There's a reason I'm in right field. :sad: :laugh: At least my hitting was decent.

Food: on target.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey...miss you both! Been too busy working, and now finishing packing for the Michigan boarding trip. Don't think I'm taking my computer, as it's only an overnight, so I won't be able to log on MFP. I don't think I'll even come close to reaching my the cals I'll burn on the slopes, so I'm not going to worry about it. I also tend to be less hungry the heavier I exercise....and I've packed water and zero-calorie gatorade drinks so that will help to refuel my body. Anywho....hope this body of mine holds up....Still have some pain in my hamstring, of course, but at least it's slowly diminishing. It's only been three weeks since I injured it, and most of the bruising is gone. I also have one last hurrah on Saturday the 10th and my season will be done. Then I'll rest and heal a little, and then back into training for my 5k!

Food was SO on today....ended up with 600 some calories to spare...What I like to call a "hollow" day because MFP yells at me for not eating enough haha. Oh well, if I'm not hungry, why push it right?

Cheerio.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Niner: sounds like a BUSY Spring!

Sunday: Softball practice for an hour. Gads, I was uncoordinated today. There's a reason I'm in right field. :sad: :laugh: At least my hitting was decent.

Food: on target.
    Probably better than me. I'd be on the bench.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey...miss you both! Been too busy working, and now finishing packing for the Michigan boarding trip. Don't think I'm taking my computer, as it's only an overnight, so I won't be able to log on MFP. I don't think I'll even come close to reaching my the cals I'll burn on the slopes, so I'm not going to worry about it. I also tend to be less hungry the heavier I exercise....and I've packed water and zero-calorie gatorade drinks so that will help to refuel my body. Anywho....hope this body of mine holds up....Still have some pain in my hamstring, of course, but at least it's slowly diminishing. It's only been three weeks since I injured it, and most of the bruising is gone. I also have one last hurrah on Saturday the 10th and my season will be done. Then I'll rest and heal a little, and then back into training for my 5k!

Food was SO on today....ended up with 600 some calories to spare...What I like to call a "hollow" day because MFP yells at me for not eating enough haha. Oh well, if I'm not hungry, why push it right?

Cheerio.
    Have fun and stay safe!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Last week of TKO for this session. Class tonight and a client. It's also the start of my "cut" phase to ease into summer. So starting today my focus starts on being much more consistent and concentrate more on my workouts.

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I pretty much just blew the weekend probably because I knew my cut phase starts today.
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    I didn't know this thread existed until now - what a great idea! Mind if I join in?

Saturday - 60 minutes of kickboxing at LA Boxing, I assume ~500 calories.

Sunday - Legs, Shoulders & Arms, lol:

10 minutes of rowing for cardio warmup

Power cleans: 15x45# bar, 7x75, 5x95

Barbell Squats: 10x95, 5x135, 5x165, then two sets of 5x185 (my personal best; not really heavy but I have back and knee issues) followed by 20 quick bodyweight squats

Overhead Barbell Press: 15x45, 5x75, 5x95, two sets of 7x105

Straight-leg dumbbell deadlifts, 1 set with a pair of 45s.

Upright rows, 1 set of 12 with a 65lb bar

Two supersets of bicep curls and lying tricep extensions (skullcrushers) w/ EZ curl bar, first sets 10x65, second sets 8x65

Two supersets of bicep curls and tricep kickbacks with dumbbells, 8x35 for the curls, 8x25 for the kickbacks

Seated calf raises with 45lb dumbbells on the knees; 2 sets.

That was a little over an hour with the warmup and 5 mins of cooldown.

Today - 45 minutes of s t r e t c h i n g ... I am sore and need it!

My eating is generally good when I track it; my MFP target is ~1800 cals, but on workout days I'll eat (or drink) back several hundred. Target macros are 40 carb, 30 protein, 30 fat. Last night I had a Sam Adams IPA (185 empty calories.)
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    I didn't know this thread existed until now - what a great idea! Mind if I join in?

Barbell Squats: 10x95, 5x135, 5x165, then two sets of 5x185 (my personal best; not really heavy but I have back and knee issues) followed by 20 quick bodyweight squats

Two supersets of bicep curls and lying tricep extensions (skullcrushers) w/ EZ curl bar, first sets 10x65, second sets 8x65

Two supersets of bicep curls and tricep kickbacks with dumbbells, 8x35 for the curls, 8x25 for the kickbacks

My eating is generally good when I track it; my MFP target is ~1800 cals, but on workout days I'll eat (or drink) back several hundred. Target macros are 40 carb, 30 protein, 30 fat. Last night I had a Sam Adams IPA (185 empty calories.)

Welcome! Glad to see a new face. Excellent workouts!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    I would love to join this thread...turns out it is my rest day today so nothing really to post, however I could use this type of accountability. It looks like this started in early November, however I promise to follow the same format. I was part of a 12 week thread like this last year and it really helped me focus.....Thanks Kristara
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Welcome!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I would love to join this thread...turns out it is my rest day today so nothing really to post, however I could use this type of accountability. It looks like this started in early November, however I promise to follow the same format. I was part of a 12 week thread like this last year and it really helped me focus.....Thanks Kristara
    The more the merrier!
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

This morning was modified P90X Chest & Back, which you probably know is mostly push-ups and pull-ups.

I do the standard and military style push-ups, and then for the next three push-up sets I do bench press instead

In the first round, I did three sets of flat bench, 6 reps at 205# (targeting a range of 5 to 8, but 6 got me dangerously close to failure today. My weight rack has safety bars, but I prefer not to test them .... ;) )

In the second round, I dropped down to 155# for incline bench, and did 9, 8, and 7 reps.

I used an Iron Woody pull-up assist band (medium green) for all of the pull-up sets today. Reps ranged from 10 to 15.

The bent-over rows and 1-arm rows (lawnmowers) were both 12 reps with 45# dumbbells.

A good day to you all!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

This morning was modified P90X Chest & Back, which you probably know is mostly push-ups and pull-ups.

I do the standard and military style push-ups, and then for the next three push-up sets I do bench press instead

In the first round, I did three sets of flat bench, 6 reps at 205# (targeting a range of 5 to 8, but 6 got me dangerously close to failure today. My weight rack has safety bars, but I prefer not to test them .... ;) )

In the second round, I dropped down to 155# for incline bench, and did 9, 8, and 7 reps.

I used an Iron Woody pull-up assist band (medium green) for all of the pull-up sets today. Reps ranged from 10 to 15.

The bent-over rows and 1-arm rows (lawnmowers) were both 12 reps with 45# dumbbells.

A good day to you all!
    Nice. Add some dumbelll pull overs to stretch and finish back. You don't need a lot of weight, just enough to so you feel it in the back.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! TKO this morning and a couple clients today. Still focusing on improving my hamstrings.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Had a great first day of dieting down.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! TKO this morning and a couple clients today. Still focusing on improving my hamstrings.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Had a great first day of dieting down.

Great job!!!!!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Hello all, so this is my first day reporting off, so here it goes...I have the week off from weight lifting because I will start my new workout on Sunday.

Cardio: 35 min Hill setting on the tread mill Level 15...Run during hill part up to incline of 11.3 walk at the 5.5 incline. Then 30 in on arc....incline 20 resistance 28...then of course lots of stretching as I like to be bendable:-)

Strength: Ab ripperX

Assessment: Pretty good day actually...not enough calories but that never happens so really not concerned.

Have an amazing day all!
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome to the new posters! Glad to see you!! Here's the report from my Michigan two-day snowboarding trip:

I AM SO STOKED! Two perfect days of stoked snowboarding. I made TONS of progression. The mountain was amazing...I went from barely completing a green dot course on a 300 vert feet to regularly perfect runs on a 485 vert feet....I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but to a beginner that's huge. I even took my first jib on a box...and did a perfect boardslide TWICE. I originally convinced myself that I would need a lesson to really even attempt it, but I didn't want to go home not even trying. I just made up my mind to do it, since jibbing and hitting rails and boxes and jumps is ultimately what I want to do with my snowboarding....so to have a perfect season cap like that made ALL of this so worth it. I shredded SO hard for two days straight. I put so much work into it, but got that much more progression our of my riding. I wanted it bad, and I accomplished what I set out to do.

I am SO stoked about that. Perfect way to end my season. Time to finally rest, recover, heal and get ready for my June 5K...Back in the gym when the swelling goes down in my hip......