"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    You both are KILLING it...Amazing to see! I would be too if walking weren't challenge enough. I've got some severe swelling/bruising and it looks like someone took a baseball bat to the back of my leg, but I managed to get through work today with only mild discomfort. I've got plans to go snowboarding EARLY on Saturday to get the softest, newest powder. I have GOT to figure out why I'm falling in the same place, and doing some board adjustments to help with this whole process. I'm not planning on doing anything crazy to get myself hurt, as spending a whole week down has sucked majorly.

Stuck to my food plan for lunch and dinner but then my best friend decided I needed to go out with her for dessert since I spent my Valentine's Day alone at home taking care of my sick mom and the puppy and I only ate 750 calories...Wasn't feeling it. So I overindulged on dessert and it was tasty.

Despite having a hard time dealing with the 3-4 pounds extra on the scale, I realized I'm not even unbuttoning my jeans any more to take them off, and how much waist room I have in them now. I just bought these jeans two months ago. I also cinched my belt on a new hole today. So I must still be losing weight or doing something right, and a lot of that scale "weight gain" is from the water and blood swimming around my leg right now. Lovely, I know.
    All the banging you take from boarding reminds me of the same I took from breakdancing!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! TKO this morning and a client and Volleyball girls tonight! Typical day.

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Up today after a bad eating day.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    ]All the banging you take from boarding reminds me of the same I took from breakdancing!

Haha yeah.....It takes a lot of falls before you can stand up LOL. Not only that, I'm essentially trying to learn in three days what people spend MONTHs and years trying to learn, so that's part of it. I'm never satisfied with just good enough. I don't want to be at the mercy of the mountain with a little bit of skill enough to stay on my board. I want actual technique and I want to be able to put my board where I want it how I want it....which takes a lot more practice, edge control and determination....all of which I have in overabundance LOL.

I do have a friend who pointed out that I never stop to actually appreciate the progress made. I only ever look at the next thing to be accomplished, and he's completely right. As frustrated at myself as I've been...I keep having to remind myself that I've only been on my board for a total of 18 hours....So I'm doing incredible to even WANT to do what I'm trying to accomplish in a very small amount of time. And if there's ANYONE who will manage to accomplish it, it's me.

Food today was spot on - even enjoyed a carrot spice muffin someone at work brought in and only had 950 calories. WOOT. Even though I was tempted so hard to go out for lunch, my diet plan still won out.

No exercise today again. Still in too much discomfort even doing normal things like walking and sitting. Work and dance tomorrow...we will see how it goes. Hopefully it won't be an epic disaster. The bruising and swelling is still really nasty. but what athlete doesn't have to practice injured at some point?
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Hi, you two. Great progress on the diet this week, dream. Niner, you're rock solid as usual.

No exercise today, worked late. Will be getting in extra tomorrow as it's a vacation day for me. Going out of town for the weekend, so Friday will be errands and exercise before the brief trip.

Food: On target today (barely).
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Just a regular Friday for me today. Will try to increase cardio intensity a little so that I can burn more calories.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: I ate like too much sodium yesterday!
  • brandiuntz
    TGIF!

Strength training

Upper body:

Push ups = 3x10

Spiderman push-ups: 2x5

Bicep curls = 3x10x20lb

Hammer curls: 3x8x20lb

Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10.

Abs/back: 3x20 scissor kicks, 4x20 abdominal raises. 5x30sec superman, 2x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x10x10lb front lateral raise.

Cardio: 10 minutes of jogging/sprint mix.

Food: on target
  • dreambig_gohome
    TGIF!!!!!!

Dance today after work....Went pretty well. Only a little discomfort. The worst is simply that I can't really reach my left foot without excruciating pain in my hip in order to put my shoes on. Kinda weird, but it's healing and is just going to take a lot of time I don't have. Otherwise I made it through. Still nasty, black and blue and swollen, but my leg did what I asked it to do. So if it can dance, it can shred tomorrow.

Food was on target, especially after burned dance calories. Even had a skinny margarita for 100 cals with the girls after dance. I can go out AND enjoy myself low-cal style.

Not only that, today yielded a MAJOR NSV for me today. I have a pair of black dress pants that I've been waiting to fit back into. They are size 1 juniors. I was NEARLY in a size 17 when I started this weight loss journey, so that is a big deal. I bought these pants over two years ago when I was starving myself skinny and sick with my ED unchecked. I've spent 5 months doing this healthfully, enjoying what I want to eat [for the most part], working my butt off at the gym and of course losing weight. Since my 13 dress pants are barely wearable at this point I thought I'd try on the 11s today. And when I did, they were too loose. Even THOSE barely wanted to stay on my *kitten*. I couldnt believe it. I've NEVER in my life been a size 9 juniors.......so I'm a little baffled by it all because I never thought I'd get here, and I still have a ways to go.

This journey just keeps getting better and better.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Weekend! Long day today starting with being at the gym at 7am then late into the night for my BIL and SIL baby shower! Lots of food, family and fun!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength:NONE

Assessment: Not really good yesterday!
  • brandiuntz
    My weekend trip has been delayed by a day (bad weather here). Will be on the road tomorrow.

Saturday:

Lower Body:

Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Squats - Frog: 3x10.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Calf raises: 3x10x40lb.

One-legged squat: 3x5.

Cardio: 25 minutes mix of sprints, jogging.

Food: on Target.

Assessment: Feel improved in my lower body workout. One-legged hip bridges are much easier to do now. And, man, those frog squats are tough!
  • dreambig_gohome
    Hey all! Snowboarding went great, really. Managed to go at it hard for 4 hours....on this bum injured leg of mine even. I'm starting to really get the effects of it all now, but it seems to have helped get the swelling out of my hip....that actually feels better right now then it has all week, but my calf and hamstring are seriously swollen and so tight and painful because of that. The bruising has now wrapped around to the front of my shin and into my ankle. But I'm hoping my body will just reabsorb this fluid in the next week...it was starting to before i went snowboarding. Any recommendations on what I should do in the mean time? I have to spend a lot of time on my feet at work, and I've been icing like crazy. Any advice you have would be good. It looks like someone went to town on the back of my leg with a baseball bat.

No gym this week either...figured it would be like that the next couple weeks, especially with trying to recover with such a shockingly traumatic injury. It'll heal but not until i rest it, and that's not happening until after the season is over. I'm going to keep my food down on lock as much as possible, but I seem to keep toning up so I'm not too worried right now. :)
  • ninerbuff
    My weekend trip has been delayed by a day (bad weather here). Will be on the road tomorrow.

Saturday:

Lower Body:

Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Squats - Frog: 3x10.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Calf raises: 3x10x40lb.

One-legged squat: 3x5.

Cardio: 25 minutes mix of sprints, jogging.

Food: on Target.

Assessment: Feel improved in my lower body workout. One-legged hip bridges are much easier to do now. And, man, those frog squats are tough!
    Cool! And frog squats are tough if done right! Glad you like em!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey all! Snowboarding went great, really. Managed to go at it hard for 4 hours....on this bum injured leg of mine even. I'm starting to really get the effects of it all now, but it seems to have helped get the swelling out of my hip....that actually feels better right now then it has all week, but my calf and hamstring are seriously swollen and so tight and painful because of that. The bruising has now wrapped around to the front of my shin and into my ankle. But I'm hoping my body will just reabsorb this fluid in the next week...it was starting to before i went snowboarding. Any recommendations on what I should do in the mean time? I have to spend a lot of time on my feet at work, and I've been icing like crazy. Any advice you have would be good. It looks like someone went to town on the back of my leg with a baseball bat.

No gym this week either...figured it would be like that the next couple weeks, especially with trying to recover with such a shockingly traumatic injury. It'll heal but not until i rest it, and that's not happening until after the season is over. I'm going to keep my food down on lock as much as possible, but I seem to keep toning up so I'm not too worried right now. :)
    Massage and elevation helped my recover my strained calf much faster. Stretching helped to alleviate some of the pain too. All in all resting the particular area for a decent amount of time will definitely help.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! TKO this morning and a couple of clients today. With my calf much better now, the workouts are getting better again.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Slowly getting my eating back in control.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Massage and elevation helped my recover my strained calf much faster. Stretching helped to alleviate some of the pain too. All in all resting the particular area for a decent amount of time will definitely help.

Yeah...massage isn't happening yet...I can't even stand my pant leg brushing up against the bruised areas yet, let alone finger pressure...The bruising is kind of awful. Maybe I'll take a picture tomorrow so you can see what I'm dealing with....though I haven't been able to get one where the bruises look like anything. I'm seriously hoping I didn't tear my hamstring out, but at this point who knows? It's possible all things considered, but it still works when I ask it too, it just tends to hurt in the doing.

I just need rest at this point. It's driving me crazy to not be in the gym. But after my season ends in the next couple weeks I'll probably go and at least do upper body lifting and what little treadmill walking I can stand...We shall see.

Also, here's my blog for the day which explains my current situation, what I'm giving up for Lent and why: http://dreambig-gohome.tumblr.com/.

Thanks both of you!
  • ninerbuff
    Yeah...massage isn't happening yet...I can't even stand my pant leg brushing up against the bruised areas yet, let alone finger pressure...The bruising is kind of awful. Maybe I'll take a picture tomorrow so you can see what I'm dealing with....though I haven't been able to get one where the bruises look like anything. I'm seriously hoping I didn't tear my hamstring out, but at this point who knows? It's possible all things considered, but it still works when I ask it too, it just tends to hurt in the doing.

I just need rest at this point. It's driving me crazy to not be in the gym. But after my season ends in the next couple weeks I'll probably go and at least do upper body lifting and what little treadmill walking I can stand...We shall see.

Also, here's my blog for the day which explains my current situation, what I'm giving up for Lent and why: http://dreambig-gohome.tumblr.com/.

Thanks both of you!
    Trust me when I tell you my massage brought me to tears. I did it myself just to push the blood out of the area to help relieve the swelling. But rest is really the best option. I know it will drive you crazy, but just like you, I had to take some time off (a week) before I could just walk normal again.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Full day today with clients and TKO. Vacuum broke a week ago and got the part to fix it. I've had it since '89 and besides replacing the fan, it's been running like a champ for all this time.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Food and water on...........means a 2lbs drop.
  • dreambig_gohome
    I may just have to do SOMETHING about this soon, although I can't help feeling that even though it looks WORSE than when I did it, it's actually healing....Sometimes my skin itches the way bruises do when they begin to heal, and the fluid moves around a bit and the swelling has gone down some today. The pain, not so much.

Here's the before picture, about 4 days after I did it: http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n151/LleMellon/pain1.jpg

And the after photos, now two shred days and a week and a half later:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n151/LleMellon/Pain1-1.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n151/LleMellon/Pain2.jpg

Hope you guys have strong stomachs. LOL.
  • brandiuntz

I figured the toughness meant I did them right! I followed the "toughest" form they showed in the video, where you don't rest your arms on top of your legs, instead have them more between them.

@Dream: I'd say it's healing. Massaging and stretching the area, anything to help with circulation to "move' that out. And, rest. The injured area just needs time to fix itself. My friends who play tackle football have gotten those kinds of deep bruises.

Well, been a rough few days. Road trip sucked. Went to get some of my mother's things (she lived 6 hours away). Going back to Abita Springs this weekend for the rest of her things that I'm keeping. Should get to see some relatives this time, at least.

Been off my game in exercise and food control and feeling it. Did a light workout today and ate better, but still over on calories.

Strength training: upper body

Pushups: 3x12 (raised reps)

Reverse Shoulder fly: 3x10x20lb

Triceps: 3x10x15lb skullcrushers

Abs: 3x20 Scissor kicks, 3x15 leg raises.
  • dreambig_gohome

I figured the toughness meant I did them right! I followed the "toughest" form they showed in the video, where you don't rest your arms on top of your legs, instead have them more between them.

@Dream: I'd say it's healing. Massaging and stretching the area, anything to help with circulation to "move' that out. And, rest. The injured area just needs time to fix itself. My friends who play tackle football have gotten those kinds of deep bruises.

Well, been a rough few days. Road trip sucked. Went to get some of my mother's things (she lived 6 hours away). Going back to Abita Springs this weekend for the rest of her things that I'm keeping. Should get to see some relatives this time, at least.

Been off my game in exercise and food control and feeling it. Did a light workout today and ate better, but still over on calories.

Strength training: upper body

Pushups: 3x12 (raised reps)

Reverse Shoulder fly: 3x10x20lb

Triceps: 3x10x15lb skullcrushers

Abs: 3x20 Scissor kicks, 3x15 leg raises.

You are SO boss. I love frog squats but yes, they are KILLER and you feel them in the *kitten* the next day haha. Keep it up....no one's going to hold a candle to you some day. You're so inspiring.

Glad to know that there's not much to worry about. I finally spent about an hour on ice and feel better than I have all day, so that's grateful. I know that not resting is part of the problem...getting back on my board and pulling hard on those muscles when they're already traumatized is not a good thing. But it IS trying to heal...I sort of wish my butt didn't hurt. Sitting is still beyond uncomfortable almost 100 percent of the time. And I'm mostly hoping I didn't tear my hamstring but I might have....won't be able to tell anything until the pain from the bruising in my tissues heals up and that might take another two to four weeks.

Just making sure that from the pics and what ive already told you about my injury that you guys dont think i need a preemptive doctors visit right now...only if it doesn't seem to heal or begins to hurt more than necessary....but like i said, rest, ice and a little light massage that i can stand usually help relieve some of the pain and otherwise just time and patience to dissipate the fluid.

You guys have been so kind. Thank you for the support and the advice and helping me get through it. The mental downside of this is hard to deal with when you know all I want is to be killing it in the gym again and doing my P90X.......but once the snowboarding season ends i can truly rest and then start training again for my 5K in June! So stoked.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! TKO this morning and a client and Volleyball girls tonight! Other than that just my workout.

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Ate pretty well yesterday. Did have some ice cream.