"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. Funny how our "bad" weeks can still show progress. Glad you were able to get a walk in. You're doing well. Remember the positives. :)

Thanks for reminding me. I'm not very good at that, especially when I still want more. Especially when as an athlete I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it. I miss my 900 burns already....But I still can't walk without pain entirely so I'm trying this R+R thing out now before the damage is something I need surgery for. I'm at least smart enough to avoid that. *Hugs*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,511 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: Strength Training: lower body

Squats: 3x10x40lb. New Weight!

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x10.

Calf raises: 3x10x40lb. New Weight!

Food: on target.
    Great!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Got the volleyball team today and just a couple of clients. My TKO class is going well and looks like it will be a continuing session at the gym. Good for me and good for promotion.

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Taco Bell was my choice yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Got the volleyball team today and just a couple of clients. My TKO class is going well and looks like it will be a continuing session at the gym. Good for me and good for promotion.

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Taco Bell was my choice yesterday.

congrats on the TKO class continuing. And, I'm craving Taco Bell pretty hard, lol. Might give in over the weekend.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Thursday: Strength Training, upper body.

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x20lb, lateral raises 3x8x15lb, front lateral raises 3x8x10lbs.

Pushups 3 x10, Spiderman pushups 2x5.

Triceps: 3x10x15lb skullcrushers, 3x15 tricep dips.

Abs/back: 3x15 leg raises, 3x20 scissor kicks, 1 x60sec plank, 2x30sec superman.

Biceps: 3x10x20lb curls.

Food: On target
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x20lb, lateral raises 3x8x15lb, front lateral raises 3x8x10lbs.

Abs/back: 3x15 leg raises, 3x20 scissor kicks, 1 x60sec plank, 2x30sec superman.

Alright! Hitting pretty much all body parts!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 3 clients today only and later today I go to my DD's classroom to read a letter about her since she is the "superstar" of the week. She told me not to embarrass her! Tomorrow I play in the "fathers vs fathers" Flag football game that benefits the students of the 2 schools participating! I'm in shape for it an ready to play!!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: My eating has been off all week, but the good news is that I'm down from last week!
  • brandiuntz
    Options

Alright! Hitting pretty much all body parts!

Thanks! That's the goal. I know it's best not to overdo one area only. I want to be more fit overall, and reduce injury risk. It's amazing what you can do with just bodyweight and dumbbells.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 3 clients today only and later today I go to my DD's classroom to read a letter about her since she is the "superstar" of the week. She told me not to embarrass her! Tomorrow I play in the "fathers vs fathers" Flag football game that benefits the students of the 2 schools participating! I'm in shape for it an ready to play!!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: My eating has been off all week, but the good news is that I'm down from last week!

Have fun in the flag football game! I'm a little jealous. :laugh:
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    AMAZINGLY affirming night at dance tonight. Did I risk it a little when I should have been resting? Yes....but it was worth it and dance doesn't usually make me hurt the way a 900-cal burn in the gym does. I NEEDED this. The confidence and joy just filled me up so much today. One more week of rest, then I have snowboarding the next 4 saturdays and I'm stoked my plans worked out. Cant wait to hit it hard again.

BALLROOM DANCE: - 120 minutes - 741 calories.

ASSESSMENT: BOOM. Enough said.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Nice burn, dream!!

Saturday: Strength Training: lower body

Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Calf raises: 3x10x40lb.

Cardio: 40 minutes of jog/sprint/jumping jack mix.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Played our annual flag football game and got clobbered! I ended up pulling my calf this time around. Time to rest it up.

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I had ice cream yesterday so weight is up a little.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    Saturday: First day of P90X. I did the Plyometrics [as you recommended] Funnest, hardest, most effective workout I've done. I'm sure I didn't do all of the squats perfectly, and I had to baby my ankle through a couple of the exercises, but I gave it one hell of an effort. I was worried about not being able to keep up, but my fitness level itself didnt seem to suffer. Of course I sweated and panted and everything else, but I kept up through the entire hour and never once had to pause it. Never once did I not pick up on what they were doing. Never once did I just stop or give up. It felt great because I COULD keep up when everyone else warned me against it's extreme-ness. Yes, it's extreme, but so am I. I just can 't WAIT to keep kicking *kitten* with it, and to get better and better. Hopefully this is what I need to kick it into high gear.

Also bought an HRM today, because I'm tired of just guessing at everything. I want to make sure I'm doing my body right.

I guessed about 600 calories on the P90X workout.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    I couldn't edit my post, so I'm just going to double post. Went to a concert tonight, and it was great. NOW my legs are feeling it from the earlier workout and all of the dancing I did at the concert! Tomorrow is super bowl sunday! I'm hoping to squeeze in even a half hour work out but if I don't, Im not going to kill myself over it.

I tested the HRM in the store before I bought it....I had been walking around briskly while shopping, and was digesting lunch at the time, so the test came back at 88 bpm. So I was a LITTLE concerned but also knew i hadnt been resting by any means. Ive worked too hard on stamina and conditioning control to have a resting heart beat that high. Well, now that I've finally been sitting for a good hour and worked stress off, I decided to test it a few times again...Came back at 55, 66, 54 and finally 52 bpm......Im going to check first thing in the morning but WOW. I think this is the first time I truly got slapped in the face with my accomplishments. I can't believe that...but I'd even take a picture to prove it. I guess my heart is one strong little sucker now! And for THAT, I am proud of how hard I have worked to earn that.

That is all...I'm going to sleep now!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! TKO class this evening and a couple of clients too. May not be able to go too strong on my leg workout today with this pulled calf muscle. Will see how it goes and do what I can.

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Weekend was a wash with the SB on and me eating too much.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    Hmmmmph. Wow. I used my HRM for the first time today. Went running out on the road. 38 degrees out. 3 miles in 30 minutes. I tested my heart rate at several points along my route. It took about 1.5 mile to actually get my heart rate up near max, at 177 bpm [95 percent of my max heart rate]. And for ALL of that, I STILL only burned 202 calories according to my chronometer. Holy. Crap. What am I gonna have to do to get high burns out of this body? Normally that run would have been guesstimated at about 323 calories by mfp. I'm going to have to do several tests at the gym with the machines to see how much difference there is between what my HRM and the machine's calorie outputs say. I'm wondering if this is because of how low my resting heart rate is? Maybe my body is just bad *kitten*, but it also means I'm going to have to work my *kitten* off to keep losing the weight I want to lose. I've got at LAST another 8 pounds and I'm not going to get there with measly 200 calorie burns. Bah. I'm going to go do some yoga. Peace out.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hmmmmph. Wow. I used my HRM for the first time today. Went running out on the road. 38 degrees out. 3 miles in 30 minutes. I tested my heart rate at several points along my route. It took about 1.5 mile to actually get my heart rate up near max, at 177 bpm [95 percent of my max heart rate]. And for ALL of that, I STILL only burned 202 calories according to my chronometer. Holy. Crap. What am I gonna have to do to get high burns out of this body? Normally that run would have been guesstimated at about 323 calories by mfp. I'm going to have to do several tests at the gym with the machines to see how much difference there is between what my HRM and the machine's calorie outputs say. I'm wondering if this is because of how low my resting heart rate is? Maybe my body is just bad *kitten*, but it also means I'm going to have to work my *kitten* off to keep losing the weight I want to lose. I've got at LAST another 8 pounds and I'm not going to get there with measly 200 calorie burns. Bah. I'm going to go do some yoga. Peace out.
    You probably have a lower heart rate due to all the boarding. Try intervals that way you can get it up faster then sustain longer.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! TKO was good, but my workout was limited due to my calf strain. It feels way better today than Sunday so hopefully I can get most of it healed by this week.

Cardio:walk- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Did good yesterday. A little short on water, but good.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    TUESDAY: TOTAL BURN: 813 calories. All totals from HRM chronometer.

CARDIO:
    Running, 5.5 mph - 30 minutes, 265 calories
    Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) - 30 minutes, 218 calories
    Elliptical Trainer - 20 minutes, 193 calories

STRENGTH TRAINING - 20 minutes, 137 calories

Seated Cable Row - 3x10x50 [new weight]
    Standing Tricep Extension - 3x10x40 [increased reps]
    Seated Lateral Pull - 3x10x50 [new weight]
    Seated Tricep Lat Pull - 3X10X65 [new weight]
    Standing Calf Press - 3x10x120 [new weight]
    Abdominal Crunches - 3X100

ASSESSMENT: Called in sick to work today and spent half the day in bed. Exhausted and my mood in the dumps. Got on the scale, was up 3 pounds...mostly from water bloating from my cycle. It's usually pretty terrible to me. Had no appetite so despite not eating anything, still went to the gym with a big burn. Ate low-cal dinner and ended up NEGATIVE 284 calories for the day after exercise. It is NOT okay to not eat but my ED got the better of me today. I can't always control how I feel about that, but did I freak out? Oh yeah. It's hard dealing with something like this. Also, I still am not pain-free in my body either. Still hurting in the hip flexors and tweaked calf muscle but happy about the increases in my upper body weight training. Looking forward to snowboarding on the weekend.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Hi, all! Looks like a good start to the week, exercise-wise for both of you. I will be back on the ball soon. Major PMS issues and some life stresses made me decide to take a few days off from exercise. Will be back on it either Wednesday or Thursday.

Staying mostly on target with food, though that could be a little cleaner.