"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! A couple of clients and a little more car testing today. Will probably be settled on a car by next week and then be getting a new one. Yeah!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: No change in weight, but I did eat more than usual.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Friday: Strength training, lower body.

Squats: 4x10.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x8.

Split Squats: 3x10.

Calf raises: 4x10.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Friday: Strength training, lower body.

Squats: 4x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x8.

Calf raises: 4x10.

Food: on target.
    Another good leg workout!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Class this morning and then we're off to my dad's to watch the 49ers game! Hopefully they can win and I can watch them again next weekend!!!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Graham crackers and Mike and Ike's were my demise!
  • brandiuntz
    Thanks for the encouragement, ninerbuff. I really like doing lower and upper body separate. Feels like I focus better.

GO SAINTS!! ;) Seriously, the 49ers have had a great season. I wish the Saints and 49ers weren't meeting so soon, cuz I'd be rooting for the 49ers against almost anyone else.

Saturday: Cardio

25 minutes of my new EA Active 2 (on Wii) custom program of jump rope, foot fires, and sprint in place workout. Estimate on HRM was 160 calories burned.

Food: Might end up a little over today...depends on what we eat while watching the games. No plans on major overeating, though. Have made good progress this week dropping some of the extra pounds I picked up over the holidays.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Hey sorry I've been MIA!! Been recuperating. I'm about 80 percent back to normal in my legs. Still walk with a slight limp, but the pain is subsiding. Just lots of tightness and fatigue still. Good news is, after I dropped the three pounds of water weight from swelling, I've also managed to lose a half pound even while sitting on my *kitten* for five days. I'm back at work and everything seems to be going well. I'm tentatively planning on going to practice [CAREFULLY] on Monday in the park slopes here in town with the scant amount of snow we got. Not planning on doing anything crazy, just a little practice for technique, and seeing if I'll get back to the gym next week even just to do arm exercises since those don't hurt. Then planning a snowboarding trip for next Saturday.

NSV alert: The belt I wear pretty much every single day has grommet holes around the entire belt [its just the particular design of it]. I've guaged my weight loss off this belt. I was at four holes in at my heaviest before I started my conditioning program. I've dropped to hole seven [farther up on the belt] and today, I just gained yet another set of grommets [number 8!] without even thinking about it, and this is in my new jeans too. So I'll take it!
  • brandiuntz
    Congrats on your NSV, dream! Very cool.

Sunday: Cardio

45 minutes of jogging/sprinting in place.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey sorry I've been MIA!! Been recuperating. I'm about 80 percent back to normal in my legs. Still walk with a slight limp, but the pain is subsiding. Just lots of tightness and fatigue still. Good news is, after I dropped the three pounds of water weight from swelling, I've also managed to lose a half pound even while sitting on my *kitten* for five days. I'm back at work and everything seems to be going well. I'm tentatively planning on going to practice [CAREFULLY] on Monday in the park slopes here in town with the scant amount of snow we got. Not planning on doing anything crazy, just a little practice for technique, and seeing if I'll get back to the gym next week even just to do arm exercises since those don't hurt. Then planning a snowboarding trip for next Saturday.

NSV alert: The belt I wear pretty much every single day has grommet holes around the entire belt [its just the particular design of it]. I've guaged my weight loss off this belt. I was at four holes in at my heaviest before I started my conditioning program. I've dropped to hole seven [farther up on the belt] and today, I just gained yet another set of grommets [number 8!] without even thinking about it, and this is in my new jeans too. So I'll take it!
    What a great way to track your progress!!
  • ninerbuff
    Thanks for the encouragement, ninerbuff. I really like doing lower and upper body separate. Feels like I focus better.

GO SAINTS!! ;) Seriously, the 49ers have had a great season. I wish the Saints and 49ers weren't meeting so soon, cuz I'd be rooting for the 49ers against almost anyone else.

Saturday: Cardio

25 minutes of my new EA Active 2 (on Wii) custom program of jump rope, foot fires, and sprint in place workout. Estimate on HRM was 160 calories burned.

Food: Might end up a little over today...depends on what we eat while watching the games. No plans on major overeating, though. Have made good progress this week dropping some of the extra pounds I picked up over the holidays.
    It was a great game and one of the most memorable!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Doing good after 2 weeks in! More vehicle work to be done again now that the CRV needs a new front bearing. This one will cost us a little more though. But has to be done since we're selling the car to my BIL.

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Could have done better, but not unhappy since the 9ers won and are now in the NFC Championship!!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Couple a clients today and pick up our CRV from shop. It had to get a new bearing replaced so hopefully this is the last thing I need done to it. We are selling it to my BIL and this weekend we'll probably get then new car. Just gotta get my DW to decide which one.............

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 8x8 method

Assessment: Had a get together with friends for lunch so needless to say, food wasn't the best.
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Tuesday, all!

That was an amazing game, ninerbuff. But, damn, I didn't want my team on the losing end! And, then my Texans lost, too. That should be a good game against the Giants. I'll be watching!

Tuesday: Strength Training, Upper body

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x15lb, lateral raises 3x8x15lb, front lateral raises 3x10x10lb

Pushups 3 x10, Spiderman pushups 1x5, 2x3.

Triceps: 3x15 dips, 3x8x15lb skullcrushers

Abs/back: 3x20 leg raises, 3x20 scissor kicks, 3 x30sec planks, 5x15sec supermans, 1x30sec side plank (per side).

Biceps: 3x10x15lb curls.

Food: ugh, killed myself with some doughnuts (trigger food). Rest of the day was healthy, at least.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Monday: Ran around chasing snow in the park. Not much snow left, and it was almost 50 degrees out, so it all melted, but I did get a little bit of snowboarding action in. I'm determined to make the most of this very strange, snow-less winter season.
  • dreambig_gohome
    WEDNESDAY: First day back in the gym since my snowboarding accident [9 days]. Found out I'm about 90 percent recovered in the left leg, only about 75 percent recovered in the right leg. Some discomfort in certain exercises. Total pain when I tried to stretch it, so I'm going to have to give that a little more time. Overall, guess I did okay, worked out for 1 hr 15 mins. The victory is in the doing, right?

CARDIO:
    Running, 5.5 mph - 20 minutes - 228 calories
    Elliptical Trainer - 10 minutes - 102 calories

STRENGTH TRAINING - 45 minutes - 156 calories
    Standing Tricep Extension - 2x10x40
    Seated Cable Row - 5x10x45
    Oblique Abdominal Crunch - 2x40x4
    Abdominal Crunches - 3x40x4
    Leg Press - 3x10x140
    Seated Lateral Pull - 6x10x60
    Toe Press - 4x10x50
    Preacher's Bicep Curl - 3x10x40
    Standing Calf Press - 2x20x80

ASSESSMENT: Total burn of 486 calories, even though I felt like I wasn't doing much. Guess I did more than I thought. Began a new series of weighted crunches that I really liked.

FOOD: Well under before exercise.
  • brandiuntz
    Thursday: Strength Training: lower body

Squats: 4x10x30lb.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Calf raises: 3x15.

Food: On target.
  • ninerbuff
    Great job you 2! I've been busy so haven't responded much this week!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Turned the big 48 today! Can't believe in a couple of years I will hit the big 50! Anyway feeling good and still moving well! Couple of clients and team training today!

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Good day yesterday and weight was down another pound this morning.
  • brandiuntz
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Turned the big 48 today! Can't believe in a couple of years I will hit the big 50! Anyway feeling good and still moving well! Couple of clients and team training today!

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping I look as fit as you in 7 years. ;)
  • dreambig_gohome
    Hey gang

Also, a very happy birthday! Hope it treats you well today!!

Weighed in a day early - 150.0 lbs. Couldn't believe it. That's my first goal and I somehow dropped 2.5 pounds in a week. Was still convinced some of that was water weight from swelling from my injury. Kinda a weird, empty feeling. I still don't like how my body looks after achieving my first actual goal. I've lost 25.5 pounds total. I just reset my fitness pal for 145 lbs and may even need to go lower. Wish me luck.
  • ninerbuff

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping I look as fit as you in 7 years. ;)
    You can and you will!