"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    Also, a very happy birthday! Hope it treats you well today!!

Weighed in a day early - 150.0 lbs. Couldn't believe it. That's my first goal and I somehow dropped 2.5 pounds in a week. Was still convinced some of that was water weight from swelling from my injury. Kinda a weird, empty feeling. I still don't like how my body looks after achieving my first actual goal. I've lost 25.5 pounds total. I just reset my fitness pal for 145 lbs and may even need to go lower. Wish me luck.
    Excellent! No luck needed since you're reaching your goals!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! Looking forward to this weekends games! Go 9ers!!! 2 clients today and that's it.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment:Up a little, but it's probably because I was short on water.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Turned the big 48 today! Can't believe in a couple of years I will hit the big 50! Anyway feeling good and still moving well! Couple of clients and team training today!

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Good day yesterday and weight was down another pound this morning.

Also, a very happy birthday! Hope it treats you well today!!

Weighed in a day early - 150.0 lbs. Couldn't believe it. That's my first goal and I somehow dropped 2.5 pounds in a week. Was still convinced some of that was water weight from swelling from my injury. Kinda a weird, empty feeling. I still don't like how my body looks after achieving my first actual goal. I've lost 25.5 pounds total. I just reset my fitness pal for 145 lbs and may even need to go lower. Wish me luck.

Congrats!! That's fantastic. Feel good about that accomplishment.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    SNOW SNOW SNOW today....and bitter winds. Only 3 degrees outside. That being said, I made it my goal to maximize the use of our "home gym" which consists of a treadmill and my dad's free weights.

TOTAL CALORIE BURN - 367 calories, 50 minutes

CARDIO: Treadmill, 30 minutes, 5.5 mph - 299 calories burnt

STRENGTH TRAINING: 20 minutes, free weights and crunches - 68 calories burnt

FOOD: Under but only thanks to exercise.

ASSESSMENT: Not my best day but at least I got up and made myself do it.

SNOWBOARDING TOMORROW! So stoked....just hope I don't get injured this time. Being sore and bruised is one thing. I've still got pain in my right leg, but only when I stretch it too far, so here's to hoping. Either way, I'll deal with the consequences. Can't wait....I might have gotten better [in my sleep!] Haha. Talk about obsession...
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Friday: Strength Training, upper body. Did a lighter workout due to working late.

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x15lb, lateral raises 3x8x15lb.

Pushups 3 x10, Spiderman pushups 3x5.

Triceps: 3x8x15lb skullcrushers.

Abs/back: 3x20 leg raises, 3x20 scissor kicks, 1 x60sec plank.

Biceps: 3x10x15lb curls.

Food: on target.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    SNOW SNOW SNOW today....and bitter winds. Only 3 degrees outside. That being said, I made it my goal to maximize the use of our "home gym" which consists of a treadmill and my dad's free weights.

TOTAL CALORIE BURN - 367 calories, 50 minutes

CARDIO: Treadmill, 30 minutes, 5.5 mph - 299 calories burnt

STRENGTH TRAINING: 20 minutes, free weights and crunches - 68 calories burnt

FOOD: Under but only thanks to exercise.

ASSESSMENT: Not my best day but at least I got up and made myself do it.

SNOWBOARDING TOMORROW! So stoked....just hope I don't get injured this time. Being sore and bruised is one thing. I've still got pain in my right leg, but only when I stretch it too far, so here's to hoping. Either way, I'll deal with the consequences. Can't wait....I might have gotten better [in my sleep!] Haha. Talk about obsession...

Have fun with the snowboarding!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Class this morning, football practice, then off to my FIL's for dinner. We finally decided on our new car and bought it yesterday! HYUNDAI SONATA! In 49er RED!!! Got a good deal on it and now we're ready to sell our CRV to my BIL so he can have second vehicle. Life is good!!!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Sushi for lunch and Vietnamese for dinner. Sodium off the hook!
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    BOOM! Snowboarding today! 5 and a half hours [and TONS of foot trekking up the hills.] Hurting...nearly got my arm yanked out at the tow rope, so probably won't be able to use that arm much tomorrow, but WORTH EVERY PAIN.

Burned some 2,320 calories. Ended up with a NEGATIVE net.....holy cow! First time ever for me. -408....I keep this up, I'll only be muscle from head to toe! Can't wait!

Working the next few days, and probably recuperating a bit. We'll see how I feel on Wednesday about gym time.

That is all, folks!!!!!

If you don't already read my blog, here it is: http://dreambig-gohome.tumblr.com/ Good, honest writing about my weight loss journey, my struggles, my dreams, my ED, and everything else.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    BOOM! Snowboarding today! 5 and a half hours [and TONS of foot trekking up the hills.] Hurting...nearly got my arm yanked out at the tow rope, so probably won't be able to use that arm much tomorrow, but WORTH EVERY PAIN.

Burned some 2,320 calories. Ended up with a NEGATIVE net.....holy cow! First time ever for me. -408....I keep this up, I'll only be muscle from head to toe! Can't wait!

Working the next few days, and probably recuperating a bit. We'll see how I feel on Wednesday about gym time.

That is all, folks!!!!!

If you don't already read my blog, here it is: http://dreambig-gohome.tumblr.com/ Good, honest writing about my weight loss journey, my struggles, my dreams, my ED, and everything else.

Sounds like an incredible day! Reminds me of when I have an excellent day of flag football. I only play for recreation, but it's a sport I love, so when I get to do it all day, boom, awesome day.

Thanks for the link to the blog! I'm also sending you a friend request in MFP. Just realized I hadn't added you or ninerbuff, and would love to have you on my list.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Sunday: cardio day.

30 minutes of my custom foot fires/jump rope/sprint-in-place mix. HRM says 233 calories burned. I lengthened it from what I originally set. Felt like a good workout today.

Off to watch football! AFC and NFC championship games should be awesome!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Monday: Strength Training, upper body.

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x15lb, front lateral raises 3x10x10lb.

Pushups 3 x10, Spiderman pushups 2x5.

Triceps: 3x8x15lb skullcrushers, 3x15 tricep dips..

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Monday: Strength Training, upper body.

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x15lb, front lateral raises 3x10x10lb.

Pushups 3 x10, Spiderman pushups 2x5.

Triceps: 3x8x15lb skullcrushers, 3x15 tricep dips..

Alright!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Well it was a hard loss yesterday, but I can't be that sad since I didn't expect the 9ers to have played this well this season. Now I can concentrate more on my goals, with the first being a new class! It's called TKO at my gym and it's an hour of straight kickboxing and conditioning. Thanks for a great season 9ers!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Weight is down this morning probably because I wasn't hungry after the game.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    Monday:

Good lord I'm hurting. Severe whip lash-like pain in my neck, my left arm and shoulder are USELESS. But I'm working through the pain and tomorrow most of the soreness will be gone in my legs and back, so that's great. Still have a sustained injury in my right groin but I'll probably have that the rest of the snowboarding season. It doesn't actually hurt me to ride, but it's not getting all of the rest it needs either. Im not sitting out, I'm an actual athlete.

But I didn't let myself all the way off the hook. Completed my circuit of 400 crunches for the day, so now I feel better.

Food: On target.

Assessment: So worth it. All of my conditioning is doing it's job, but now that I'm actually snowboarding, the wear and tear on my body is basically changing the look of my physique. It's been kind of incredible. I can actually visibly see the definition in my biceps and calves now! My body is getting super lean, and I can't wait to see how it will all come together through February. I can already see my ribcage just from paring down so much actual body fat.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Monday:

Good lord I'm hurting. Severe whip lash-like pain in my neck, my left arm and shoulder are USELESS. But I'm working through the pain and tomorrow most of the soreness will be gone in my legs and back, so that's great. Still have a sustained injury in my right groin but I'll probably have that the rest of the snowboarding season. It doesn't actually hurt me to ride, but it's not getting all of the rest it needs either. Im not sitting out, I'm an actual athlete.

But I didn't let myself all the way off the hook. Completed my circuit of 400 crunches for the day, so now I feel better.

Assessment: So worth it. All of my conditioning is doing it's job, but now that I'm actually snowboarding, the wear and tear on my body is basically changing the look of my physique. It's been kind of incredible. I can actually visibly see the definition in my biceps and calves now! My body is getting super lean, and I can't wait to see how it will all come together through February. I can already see my ribcage just from paring down so much actual body fat.
    It's hard when you deal with injuries and still work to stay in shape. The only advice I have is make sure that the injury isn't too severe or it could hamper your form. But physique wise it sounds like you're doing good.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Another demo class for my new one coming up this morning and this evening. Got a couple of clients too. CRV needs another check up. We're starting to put too much money into it now.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 8x8 method

Assessment: I ate okay yesterday. Could have been much better.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    Monday:

It's hard when you deal with injuries and still work to stay in shape. The only advice I have is make sure that the injury isn't too severe or it could hamper your form. But physique wise it sounds like you're doing good.

Thanks for the support and advice. I DO know when to slow down, but my body is recovering swimmingly. I'm pretty sure my groin injury is severe enough to take a couple months to heal, but the rest of the soreness is quickly dissipating. I'm not one to push an injury I know needs rested, but I am a little hard on myself too. Gonna hit the gym tomorrow but be extra careful to listen to my body. If it starts to hurt, I HAVE to stop, no matter how much that's going to frustrate me. Otherwise, I'm just gonna keep doing what I do and strengthening the areas that need strengthened, and letting my sports do the rest. The next few times snowboarding should get even better as long as I don't crash too majorly! Let's hope not!! [And YES, I absolutely do wear my helmet.]

No exercise for today...got through work alright though. Cheated on my diet and blew my calorie goal, but I've been hardcore craving for a while now and finally just relented and had some ice cream, and it was delicious. No harm, no foul.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Tuesday: Strength Training: lower body

Squats: 4x15.

Squats with calf raises: 3x15.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x15.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x8.

Split Squats: 3x10.

Calf raises: 4x15.

Food: on target, but barely. So love sweet potatoes!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Tuesday: Strength Training: lower body

Squats: 4x15.

Squats with calf raises: 3x15.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x15.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x8.

Split Squats: 3x10.

Calf raises: 4x15.

Food: on target, but barely. So love sweet potatoes!
    Yep legs rock!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Looks like I'm dropping off the CRV for a diagnostic test. Hopefully it's good news. I'll be using our new car to get around in now.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Weight is up after too much sushi.