"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Stayed away from the gym today. Didn't want to overdo it...and I'm pretty sure I already have. My body is sore and my head is woozy.

CARDIO: Banged out a 3-mile run on our country road...in 33 degree cold! But it felt good, for what its worth. I'm still tired.

FOOD: Well under, as always. Have no problems with that. Tried to eat some jelly beans because I think I'm having a sugar imbalance thanks to working out so hard and all the proteins and little carbs that make up most of my diet.

ASSESSMENT: Glad I worked out. Still feeling weird and no end in sight...Gym tomorrow, Dance Friday night and snowboarding Saturday all day! CANT WAIT. I'm stoked!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Stayed away from the gym today. Didn't want to overdo it...and I'm pretty sure I already have. My body is sore and my head is woozy.

CARDIO: Banged out a 3-mile run on our country road...in 33 degree cold! But it felt good, for what its worth. I'm still tired.

FOOD: Well under, as always. Have no problems with that. Tried to eat some jelly beans because I think I'm having a sugar imbalance thanks to working out so hard and all the proteins and little carbs that make up most of my diet.

ASSESSMENT: Glad I worked out. Still feeling weird and no end in sight...Gym tomorrow, Dance Friday night and snowboarding Saturday all day! CANT WAIT. I'm stoked!
    Dang, nice way to run in the cold! I did it when in VA, but here in CA now, it's only 45 degrees in the morning when I run!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! It's going to be a long day! Got 4 clients along with instruction 2 group fitness classes. One of the classes I'm subbing for and it will be the first time I ever do it. It's a fitness class, but it's with seniors and apparently they are very set in their ways on who they want as their instructor. My fellow instructor said that I should be fine for the class and not to let them bully me!!!! Lol, so this ought to be fun!

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: On track all week and down 6lbs since New Year's day and all the partying I did to eat up.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Well, eh, haven't been on the exercise ball this week.

Thursday: Strength Training: lower body

Squats: 4x15.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x10.

Calf raises: 4x15.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Well, eh, haven't been on the exercise ball this week.

Thursday: Strength Training: lower body

Squats: 4x15.

Split Squats: 3x10.

But this was a good workout.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Just one client today and some stuff to do! Will be looking at new cars too since it's about time to replace our 13 year old CRV.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment:I had some chips and nuts yesterday, but nothing drastic.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Class this morning and then we're off to test drive some sedans because we're looking at getting a new car by February!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I overate a little, so I have to burn off some of the excess.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Good luck on finding a car, Niner! 13 years is a long time!

Saturday: Cardio. 30 minutes of custom EA Active 2 (on Wii), mix of foot fires, sprinting in place, jump ropes. HRM says 280 calories burned.

Excited...I've made a new cardio program that's more truly interval with foot fires and jump ropes. The above one has a lot of running/sprinting in place with only a few foot fires, etc, to change it up. My new one will alternate foot fires and jump roping more intensely with the running in place. Should be good at improving my cardio to a higher level. Will be trying it out tomorrow.

Food: Should be dead on...though, there's a couple football games to watch! Go Texans and Saints!

Assessment: Good day today. Still haven't gotten fully back on the ball with regular exercise, but I'll get there.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Good luck on finding a car, Niner! 13 years is a long time!

Saturday: Cardio. 30 minutes of custom EA Active 2 (on Wii), mix of foot fires, sprinting in place, jump ropes. HRM says 280 calories burned.

Excited...I've made a new cardio program that's more truly interval with foot fires and jump ropes. The above one has a lot of running/sprinting in place with only a few foot fires, etc, to change it up. My new one will alternate foot fires and jump roping more intensely with the running in place. Should be good at improving my cardio to a higher level. Will be trying it out tomorrow.

Food: Should be dead on...though, there's a couple football games to watch! Go Texans and Saints!

Assessment: Good day today. Still haven't gotten fully back on the ball with regular exercise, but I'll get there.
    Back easy and hit them ropes!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Good first week back for the New Year! Today I'll be doing a little extra cardio work since I have to drop my van off to get new tires put on it. That means I have to run to the gym and back home, then run to where the shop is to pick it up!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I did okay over the weekend and am happy with a 4 lbs loss for the week!
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    BIG WEEKEND.

Friday Cardio included a 2.5 mile run out on the road in front of my house and ballroom dance for two hours that night for a total burn of 900-something calories. Then got about 5 hours of sleep and was up at 6:15a.m. to leave for a snowboarding Saturday!

7 hours of snowboarding = 3000-some calorie burn. And the sad thing was, I wasn't even really hungry. I probably didn't drink nearly enough either, but I pushed powerade and tried to get my electrolytes moving.

Sunday, Monday = Worked yesterday, called off today. Had some trouble in the early hours and managed to do the splits on my board, not to mention all the falling. About every muscle hurts not to mention the bruising, but those aches are already starting to subside. I traumatized my inner groin muscle on the right because while I'm flexible, I'm not THAT flexible, so now I can't walk straight and have a ton of pain in the right side. My hip wants to lock up, so I'm mostly in recuperation and rest mode. Have the next two days off from work as well. I'm trying to keep active by doing chores and playing with the dog, as painful as it is, to keep the muscles from tightening up too much, but nothing i can do about sleeping. Been taking hot water soaks to try and ease the pain and my whey protein to help with muscle rebuilding.

I've never been so stoked in my life, and am probably gonna be out of the gym for at least a week, if not longer on account of that inner thigh muscle. We'll see what happens. Right now it's just day to day. Can't wait til I can get back on my board though. The rest might do my overworked body some good though, anyways. Was hitting a lot of fatigue in the gym before that too.

Overall Assessment: Pretty amazing start to 2012. Realized my difficulty level on snow and board conditions was about 7-8 out of 10, so that I was able to progress at all is nothing short of a miracle according to my instructors. Felt great about myself, tons of confidence!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Tuesday: Strength Training Upper Body

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x15lb, lateral raises 3x8x15lb, front lateral raises 3x10x10lb

Pushups 3 x10, Spiderman pushups 2x5

Triceps: 3x15 dips, 3x10x15lb skullcrushers

Abs/back: 3x20 leg raises, 3x20 scissor kicks, 3 x30sec planks, 5x15sec supermans, 1x30sec side plank (per side), 1x30sec superman.

Biceps: 3x10x15lb curls.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    BIG WEEKEND.

Friday Cardio included a 2.5 mile run out on the road in front of my house and ballroom dance for two hours that night for a total burn of 900-something calories. Then got about 5 hours of sleep and was up at 6:15a.m. to leave for a snowboarding Saturday!

7 hours of snowboarding = 3000-some calorie burn. And the sad thing was, I wasn't even really hungry. I probably didn't drink nearly enough either, but I pushed powerade and tried to get my electrolytes moving.

Sunday, Monday = Worked yesterday, called off today. Had some trouble in the early hours and managed to do the splits on my board, not to mention all the falling. About every muscle hurts not to mention the bruising, but those aches are already starting to subside. I traumatized my inner groin muscle on the right because while I'm flexible, I'm not THAT flexible, so now I can't walk straight and have a ton of pain in the right side. My hip wants to lock up, so I'm mostly in recuperation and rest mode. Have the next two days off from work as well. I'm trying to keep active by doing chores and playing with the dog, as painful as it is, to keep the muscles from tightening up too much, but nothing i can do about sleeping. Been taking hot water soaks to try and ease the pain and my whey protein to help with muscle rebuilding.

I've never been so stoked in my life, and am probably gonna be out of the gym for at least a week, if not longer on account of that inner thigh muscle. We'll see what happens. Right now it's just day to day. Can't wait til I can get back on my board though. The rest might do my overworked body some good though, anyways. Was hitting a lot of fatigue in the gym before that too.

Overall Assessment: Pretty amazing start to 2012. Realized my difficulty level on snow and board conditions was about 7-8 out of 10, so that I was able to progress at all is nothing short of a miracle according to my instructors. Felt great about myself, tons of confidence!

Awesome how your 2012 is going! Keep up that confidence. Hope your thigh heals up soon.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Took down almost all the Christmas decor yesterday. Just a couple of more strings of light outside to deal with and I'm done. Only one client today so it will be kind of a kickback day, but I can still do a great workout for myself.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 8x8 method

Assessment: Except for Taco Bell last night, I had the Fresco menu, eating was good.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Just 3 clients today. Not much going on besides that. Still working on car shopping and making sure that we get the best bang for the buck.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Food was on point, but a little short on water.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Wednesday: Strength training, lower body

Squats: 3x10x30lb.

Split Squats: 3x10x30lb.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Wednesday: Strength training, lower body

Squats: 3x10x30lb.

Split Squats: 3x10x30lb.

Nice leg day!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Not too many clients today. But do have to drop some paperwork off to rent a space at the Community Center for a baby shower that my wife is going to throw. Get reved up for Saturday to watch the 49ers play!!!

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Good day yesterday and weight was down another pound this morning.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Hey, ninerbuff, we'll be rooting for separate teams...my hometown Saints vs. your 49ers! Should be a great game.

Thursday: Strength Training Upper Body

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x15lb, lateral raises 3x8x15lb, front lateral raises 3x8x10lb

Triceps: 3x15 dips, 3x8x15lb skullcrushers

Abs/back: 3x20 leg raises, 3x20 scissor kicks, 3 x30sec planks, 5x15sec supermans.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey, ninerbuff, we'll be rooting for separate teams...my hometown Saints vs. your 49ers! Should be a great game.

Thursday: Strength Training Upper Body

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x15lb, lateral raises 3x8x15lb, front lateral raises 3x8x10lb

Triceps: 3x15 dips, 3x8x15lb skullcrushers

Abs/back: 3x20 leg raises, 3x20 scissor kicks, 3 x30sec planks, 5x15sec supermans.

Good workout! May the best team win!